Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is Responsible For Fixing Transmute?

H0PE

Last 1.5 years we heard in livestream that 4 different rare mods should ALWAYS grant rare mods when transmuting. Since day one that doesn't happen. I made countless topics, countless tickets. Support came back to me officially numerous times with apologies and even granted me 50plat for bringing this topic up.

Since then, nothing happened to fix the broken RNG in transmute. Just yesterday done 5transmutes with 4 different rare mods every time. one ended up giving me common mod, one gave me uncommon. This shouldn't happen at all.

Who is responsible escalating issues in this game, I would finally hear this please? After handing in support tickets where are the support turning the issue? Engineers? Or management? Who is the person of simple does not care about fixing an issue that was officially commented that is broken and it shouldn't happen?

http://twitch.tv/warframe/c/2871887

DESteve @35:25

Quote:

"...What you put in absolutely affects what comes out for sure a lot. If you put in 4 rares you really gonna get a rare..."

Fix this finally! There shouldn't be an RNG for mod rarity in transmute at all! None! Remove quality rng for transmute, allows only same quality transmute and give the same quality transmuted, making a random generation from that particular mod quality range for the result.

Yes this is a good idea but will DE actually fix it?

Of course they won't because then there would be a potential way to reduce the grind for rare mods even if it is just by a little.

DE does not care about the current state of the game because at this rate they have picked up enough momentum to always be making money regardless of how bad their game is.

Eh ever since the feature came out I always understood that 4 rares gives you a good chance of a rare coming out the other end, and in my experience this is the case. Sure I get a couple commons and uncommons, but more often than not, transmuting 4 rares gets me a rare. I've gotten manya  rare stance mod from transmuting, and im sure many other players can back me up on this one. Pretty sure nothing in transmutation is guaranteed, you're just playing with the probabilities.

@Ashnal, watch what DESteve said about this. If you use four rares, you should get a rare. Period. Everything else is RNG that shouldn't be there at all if we talking about mod rarity during transmute -if you use four of the same rarity-.

This isn't been fixed after more than 1.5 years, yet I personaly could show you official communication from my support tickets that this is a known issue and "they will fix it ASAP" -as the ticket reply told me a couple of times-.

This and some other issues are the reason why I don't think that all -or every?- person at D.E. is doing a honest communication toward the players.

As much as I hate getting a common from 4 rares, I don't really have that much of an issue with it.  Transmutation is a gamble, and provides a way to bypass the grind of farming mods, so it needs to have some risk associated.  While the devs may have said that you should get a rare from 4 rares, I have a feeling after more thought on the subject they came to the conclusion I have that it should stay as is, at least that is the reason I am guessing it hasn't been changed. 

It's absolutely ridiculous that transmutation is still like this, it's a giant slap in the face to players and one big 'F*** you' as well. It's why I never bother with this feature as it's a complete waste of mods and credits and time.

As much as I hate getting a common from 4 rares, I don't really have that much of an issue with it.  Transmutation is a gamble, and provides a way to bypass the grind of farming mods, so it needs to have some risk associated.  While the devs may have said that you should get a rare from 4 rares, I have a feeling after more thought on the subject they came to the conclusion I have that it should stay as is, at least that is the reason I am guessing it hasn't been changed. 

Or they forgot about it in their rush to pump out more material to keep the screaming meanies happy.

Might want to watch a slightly more recent Devstream to see the Devs decide against a guaranteed Rare instead. The rarity and polarities of the mods you use will affect the chances for the Transmutation result, but no longer for 100%.

IIRC, fusing 4 uncommons can sometimes net a rare as well.

So I think this was a gamble.

If 4 rares give a rare, then 4 non-rares should never give a rare either.

Asking for one should cause the other to happen.

"Combine four unranked mods for a chance of a rare mod".

It's obviously a gamblng machine. Why should 4 rares guarantee a rare? Especially when before, people gambled Ability mods, that had ZERO loss associated with it, as basically no one needed more then one.

Also, Phorid is basically a Rare, Energy Channel vomit machine. I'd just go farm him for days if Rares made Rares all the time.

Edited by DSpite

Transmutation is useless. It's only made for rich gambling-addicted veterans with tons of credits and duplicates to throw away. AKA a sink.

RNG SHOULD be involved when using non rare mods, but 4 rares should provide another rare, but as it was already said and from what I have noticed when DE stance comes toward old bugs it goes like this "old bug what old bug? oh that old bug, meh whatever dont give a crap about it" DE does not fix old bugs

As much as I hate getting a common from 4 rares, I don't really have that much of an issue with it.  Transmutation is a gamble, and provides a way to bypass the grind of farming mods, so it needs to have some risk associated. 

Guaranteeing rarity just removes one RNG wall, there's still heavy risk associated with it.

Even with guaranteed rarity, you're still losing four rares in exchange for a random one, which is quite likely to be something you don't want or already have - hell, as is the case now, the result can even be one of the four mods used in the transmutation itself.

Pretending that guaranteeing rarity when you're still only getting back 25% of what you put in (nevermind credit expenditure) somehow eliminates all risk is plain silly.