Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Directx11/10 And Blurriness

Oberonight

DirectX11 and 10 cause the game to be incredibly blurry as they can't seem to anti-alias, super sample, or load Warframe's unique textures.

This is frustrating because using Directx9 is inefficient and causes performance drops but renders Warframe's textures perfectly fine.

Dx11 needs to be fixed ASAP

EDIT: Text is blurred too so it's not DoF or Motion Blur

EDIT#2: it seems to be random. I turned off all outside variable (Nvidia Control Panel and injectors.) and it worked fine for one session and than the problem came back when I re-launched Warframe when I had not tampered with any of the settings.

Edited by Oberonight

I run in DX11 and I do not have this issue. I USED to, until they implemented smaa.

so I'll ask. Do you have FXAA on? If you do, disable anti aliasing, or use SMAA instead (warframe says smaa is the "high" setting but from my experience, it's less demanding than fxaa so.. lol). FXAA blurs stuff a lot instead of.. actually smoothing out the edges. There hasn't been a single game where I could bear using FXAA in because of how much it blurred stuff.

From your other thread...

Two possibilities.

1 - Some AA is being applied that's affecting the text as well, this is generally from something third-party as Letter13 alluded to.  In-game AA shouldn't be doing this under normal circumstances because it renders the UI text after the AA, but injected/forced AA is outside of the game's normal rendering code and can't automatically do that.

2 - Borderless fullscreen might be rendering at a resolution higher than your monitor's for some reason and thus downscaling after.

So yeah try all settings low/off and see if it's one of the in-game settings that's doing it, and also see if running fullscreen at your actual native resolution makes a difference as well.