Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lower Ogris' Damage To Self And Add A Rocket Jump Mechanic To It

Enfo

As a former Quake and TF2 player with thousands of hours into each game i feel like we're missing a rocket launcher with some proper utility.

I, for one, would love to see Ogris get some more utility other than just standing 10 miles away and hope that something doesn't run in front of you and kills you.

Getting some rocket jumping into the mix to take down targets without being in too much of a threat area yourself, and not getting killed by the first rocket that explodes underneath your feet could add some great fun, and moreso, utility to this now underused badass of a rocket launcher.

There are probably other great ideas out there to make this weapon viable without getting yourself killed all the time.
Feel free to share your own ideas or give feedback to this one :)

Edited by Enfo

I'm guessing you have Nova from your profile pic?

..and you want to rocket jump? (Wormhole?)

As a long term Quake player you will know that rocket jumping was fast, fluid and instant.

The Ogris uses a charge mechanic!

Sorry, just don't see the point, especially when you no longer have ammo to spare with the Ogris.

Great idea. And while we're at it, why not make it so if you aim down with the Soma and fire, you can fly?

How does this even add to anything? Soma has plenty of utility already, Ogris does not.

Sorry but this game is not TF2 and It's not Quake. It's Warframe!

I should say less competitive and more grinding.

Well, adding new mechanics won't hinder your farming in any way.

I'm guessing you have Nova from your profile pic?

..and you want to rocket jump? (Wormhole?)

As a long term Quake player you will know that rocket jumping was fast, fluid and instant.

The Ogris uses a charge mechanic!

Sorry, just don't see the point, especially when you no longer have ammo to spare with the Ogris.

I don't see how my profile picture has anything to do with this idea, and rocket jumping is in a whole different area and a more fast paced mechanic than Wormhole would ever be, and certainly also more reliable.

Charging wouldn't really hinder it in any way as a single attack speed mod would make you able to fluently charge up rockets and make you able to fire while in the air. There's a rocket launcher in TF2 that is built around charging its rockets, and it's the strongest one in the game as well.

I certainly don't see how ammo is a problem either. Enemies drop plenty of ammo, and i've never understood how people could run out of Penta or Ogris ammo even after the magazine nerf. Something is certainly wrong if you manage to spend all 25 shells before finding any more.

But then again, this is just an idea that came to my head since Ogris really isn't that useful a weapon as it is right now.

The devs of this game made Unreal. You know, the main competitor to Quake back in the day? There's no way they will add one of the main features of their enemy's game to Warframe. I doubt the physics engine supports it either. The whole reason why rocket jumping is so smooth and controllable in TF2 is because the engine was built around it.

Also, there's barely a purpose for wall running in the tiles as they are now. You don't even have anywhere to rocket jump.

Edited by DesecratedPoop

I just charge the shot, use Vauban's bounce and then release the shot.

Protip: You can have a fully charged Ogris shot ready to go, and casting bounce will not interrupt your charge.

It's not rocketjumping but it's as close as it'll get here, sadly.

Also, Unreal did/does have rocketjumping, not just quake:

It's not as popular but still very useful in CTF. Dodge forward, then release 2 rockets, then do your "second" jump in mid air. (2k4, ut3)

Besides, I like the impact hammer jump as much as anyway, but still.

I'd rather we have hammerjump :3

just to clarify, you COULD rocketjump in UT'99, but hammerjump got you higher.

also i played rocket arena in in UT '99 and it was great.

Edited by Volume

As a former Quake and TF2 player with thousands of hours into each game i feel like we're missing a rocket launcher with some proper utility.

I, for one, would love to see Ogris get some more utility other than just standing 10 miles away and hope that something doesn't run in front of you and kills you.

Getting some rocket jumping into the mix to take down targets without being in too much of a threat area yourself, and not getting killed by the first rocket that explodes underneath your feet could add some great fun, and moreso, utility to this now underused badass of a rocket launcher.

There are probably other great ideas out there to make this weapon viable without getting yourself killed all the time.

Feel free to share your own ideas or give feedback to this one :)

No, how about you come up with a new weapon idea based around your idea.I wish people stop trying to change weapons into what they think it should be. Instead of coming up with a concept weapon instead. Also There no need for rocket jumping, when you can climb up walls and backflip into platforms or run across the walls. Also this is warframe not QuakeFrame and the game is not design where rocket jumping would benefit, if you can rocket jump then there wont be any need for wall climbing run jumping etc.Plus the closest thing you can do right now to RL jumping is using bounce.

What you could do is make a concept with a rocket launcher type weapon that has a alt fire that releases compressed steam allows you to jump higher with that same minor damage due to the heat of the steam. Then have the primary damage part of the weapon do much lower damage and make it the rocket either be pure impact or pure heat damage with little to no AOE or a solied projectile like a iron ball,spike or bolt. Like taking the UT impact alt fire and merging it the painkiller from the painkiller games.

Edited by genclaymore