The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma And Boltor Prime Are Too Easy To Use.

Innocent_Flower

This isn't a "nerf damage" thread

Incredible DPS

Very high firerates

Bottomless clips

Often capable of one shot kills. 

Come with polarities. 

Very high accuracy. 

Negligable windup time. The windup time probably helps actualy, to get those one-shot kills. 

Travel time for boltor is very small and only a problem for fast moving targets at long range (and shooting round close objects). 

Now, I don't so much have a problem with weapons having high DPS. (latron 4 lyfe) But these guns just seem to do everything as good as every other gun... with less drawbacks. With the latron I'd need to purposely aim at my targets. With boltor and soma I'd just need to spray into a crowd with a wild short burst and get kills. 

Don't get me wrong. I use these guns a lot. Boltor is my go-to for PVP (along with a duration loki and a weapon with good ground slam. Nasty stuff) and I understand that if I used objective numbers and statistics to back up my arguments and request small reduction of boltor puncture damage or soma crit multiplier the fools on the forums will angrily and foolishly rage over exhadurated nerfs. So instead of reasonable damage nerfs I'd ask

- Boltor prime gets his projectile speed reduced. (there's a mod to fix that, should you need it)

- Soma prime gets the clip size reduced. Perhaps an innate reduction to punchthrough (Not that it has inate punchthrough, but rather that you need more punchthrough than usual on the soma for it to exist) Perhaps an inverse windup (gun with a faster rate of fire and then slows) 

Akira_him posted an alternative. Would also work in making inately powerful automatics more fun

I prefer a recoil nerf for all full automatics, I mean all those currently have almost no recoil
And boltor prime max ammo should switch with braton prime max ammo
Edited by Innocent_Flower

Or we could also make the void missions and prime weapons/frames be mastery rank locked. That way you'd at least need to do some playing first before you can get to the damned gear.

that'd be my response to evil drop tables, not a few weapons being easier to use than others. 

But you've already made several nerf boltor prime and soma threads, why make another one?

Completely different strategy. Most of the time I go with "nerf damage" and idiots charge in with "no" posts, without any reasoning behind it (other than the ulterior motive of already having that weapon, because it was op in the first place) The threads quickly become petty games of trench warfare. 

It wouldn't, what it would do is prevent you from using the weapons until you reach the listed Mastery Rank.

Right, which is good. Because at least players will need to invest time and some form of effort into the game before being able to access these weapons and frames.

How would mastery rank affect the drop tables? I do not see the logic in this.

I'l fill that bridge. 

If you couldn't build primes till a certain rank (I'd say nine. I like that number) 

- more people would be wedged into prime access.

-Drop tables needn't be  so biased, as prime access is more prevalent, and DE doesn't need to hide things so that only very dedicated/extremely lucky players can get them (as all past that rank have already proven themselves dedicated). 

Trade would probably die down a bit though. 

Anyhow. Having different prime items (which all cost roundabout the same by the way, if you ignore current droptable bias) would justify some (scindo) being far better than others (reaper) 

I'l fill that bridge. 

If you couldn't build primes till a certain rank (I'd say nine. I like that number) 

- more people would be wedged into prime access.

-Drop tables needn't be  so biased, as prime access is more prevalent, and DE doesn't need to hide things so that only very dedicated/extremely lucky players can get them (as all past that rank have already proven themselves dedicated). 

Trade would probably die down a bit though. 

Erm...while I can get the reasoning behind it...I don't think it'll lead to drop tables being "fixed". 

Those weapon get boring to use after a while. If you find the game to easy with those, just switch to another weapon. Some people have different skill level and some still struggle even if they have a rhino prime with a Boltor prime. I was clearing everything in a breeze with a Karak (I admit I wish it was a bit more powerful, but is a gun that just feel solid to use and fun)

No one force you to use those weapon you know =p If you find a certain setup too easy and boring, try a different one to keep thing fresh! This is mostly a PvE game, I am more then happy if my teammate have some kill as well!

I prefer a recoil nerf for all full automatics, I mean all those currently have almost no recoil

And boltor prime max ammo should switch with braton prime max ammo

I like this suggestion. That could work. Could I quote this on the OP? 

quoting on this site is a strange thing. 

Edit: Ninjamander

Those weapons get boring because of how easy they are to use... 

OP asks to make them interesting. 

I like this suggestion. That could work. Could I quote this on the OP? 

quoting on this site is a strange thing. 

Go quote it

This makes them still excel in DPS, but need a little bit recoil management

Just like the Gorgon before nerfs and the old supra when they were the top dps weapons

I'd rather them just give the enemies fully potatoed/modded equivalent weapon damage.  Game's gonna be easy no matter what anyone argues is "overpowered" until the enemies actually pose a threat.  After such a change, the complaints of our weapons being OP will die down quite quickly, I Imagine.

Failing that, since you know, everyone wants the game to be hard until it's hard. Then they complain it's too hard. The never ending community hypocrisy of Warframe, sadly...  But uh, yeah, failing that, at least lock all this top tier stuff at MR 10 or 15 minimum.  When someone actually has to work for something powerful, it makes a lot more sense that it's as powerful as it is. Since these guns are meant to be used in endless T4 stuff, and not the base game anyways.

Edited by SanguineXIII

OP asks to make them interesting. 

What is interesting to OP may be something that is just pure frustration for other. Everyone can have a different definition of <interesting to use>. One of my friend use them because he have too much trouble killing enemy in warframe, he was always complaining and getting mad at warframe to a point he often rage quit. The day they release those weapon, those thing seem to have went away.

Each weapon are different, if you don't find those interesting, why not using different weapon?

Yay another thread about how hard to get weapons are too OP. Don't nerf the weapons. Just change the mastery ranks that they are available at. And, Community, stop selling these pieces for them too cheap. I saw someone selling the Soma prime barrel for only 30 plat. I farmed for HOURS just to get that piece, only to have someone undercut my price by 50%. These type of weapons are the only viable type of option in high rank missions, and If they were to nerf these guns, it would be step 1 in downgrading this game, IMO. In conclusion, I agree with making more guns mastery rank capped, it would add a lot of longevity to the game. I do not agree with nerfing these weapons, because it is just going to push more players away. Its a prime weapon, it is supposed to be very powerful. They just need to be more difficult for new players to get. 

This is why I really like how Destiny did their weapons. Every weapon has a certain tier and in those tiers each weapon gets a certain rating and classification. The classification and rating both determine how much dps and single shot damage they do. If DE were to balance all the weapons they would have their best bet on this type of system

Or we could also make the void missions and prime weapons/frames be mastery rank locked. That way you'd at least need to do some playing first before you can get to the damned gear.

Mastery lock doesn't change bad design.  Locking bad design behind a grindwall implicitly condones bad design.