The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Chose It,the Nvidia Gtx 750 Ti

GunDownGrace

Question

16 answers to this question

the GTX series is the only GPU that can stream to the Sheild Tablet. I wouldn't really call that "budget".

x50 in Nvidias' GPU's are all Budget cards.

they're made for budget, they are budget.

to say they aren't would be misinformation.

x60 is either 'high end budget' or 'midrange'. these GPU's sit in the middleground between price point and just outright performance.

x70 is high end. the budget side of high end, but high end nonetheless.

x80 and further is Enthusiast territory.

I know very well that it is a different category, although it's the cheapest high-end card. Btw you can get it for 330 with Far Cry 4 included.

750Ti however was mid-range at best when it was released, and that was a year ago.

that's still ~$350. a completely different price bracket from a 750Ti.

the 750Ti is still a midrange GPU. albeit on the Budget side of midrange. it will be for the near future. midrange GPU's are just that.

to suggest it isn't a midrange GPU would show that you don't have a wide experience with the products that are available, and what games people play and are available to play with them.

not everything is as bloated and inefficient as those bloated budget games. Warframe in particular, you could get superb performance with a theoretical 2GB GTX 460. and fairly good (might be some drops from time to time) performance with a theoretical 2GB GTX 260.

since Warframe doesn't drive GPU's very much, you can get away with a lot.

ofcourse, most games aren't that lucky. even so, the majority of games out there aren't bloated budget games that run like arse and need to have performance brute forced out of them.

even some that are a bit bloated will still fare acceptably however.

ex. Battlefield 4 can be played on Ultra, at a reasonable Resolution(i.e. 1080p), with a 750Ti, provided we assume the rest of the machine is up to par ofcourse.

in Multiplayer, with all of the Explosions and Players, a 750Ti can still average close to 60FPS. above and below 60 at times, but still averaging ~60.

Framerate (admiteddly, Framerate is a vague determination but i don't think Frame Time can be displayed 1st or 3rd party for BF4) ranging from 45-80.

note! i'm talking about averaging 60FPS while recording with Shadowplay. which admiteddly, doesn't have a large GPU performance impact, but nevertheless.

Edited by taiiat

well considering i payed 154.77 usd for an amd radeon hd 6850 some years back,this is a better deal

Well, really depends on the rest of your components I guess. Right now 970 is the best card you could get for your buck in plenty aspects, but if your rig can't make use of it, I guess your choice isn't that bad. Assuming you don't want to max the game out.

all you need to know about a GTX 750Ti is that it's a Budget GPU. you're not going to be playing heavily GPU intensive games (like uh, Battlefield 4 or Shadow of Mordor) at high Framerates with many bells and whistles on.

however, it's got a lot of horsepower for it's cost, and the Electricity usage to drive that Horsepower is basically nominal.

you may replace it for something 'more serious' sometime in the future, but currently, this GPU is a solid midrange card when affordability is one of the highest priorities.

Aside from not being good value I feel? :/

a GTX 750Ti is a fantastic Budget GPU.

it's not breaking any performance records but it's also very inexpensive, while still performing very adamantly.

this GPU exists solely to be a Budget 'bank for buck' GPU.

a GTX 750 Ti can be purchased for $150 at most.

a GTX 970 is ~$350.

a GTX 970 is the top end of 'bang for buck'. it's the most expensive GPU in that category. it's in a completely different price bracket.

I'm running a GTX 650 Ti with 2Gb of GDDR5 with all of my settings at maximum, except the screen resolution and V-sync turned on. I leave it at 720p+V-sync because that's all my screen can handle. It holds 60fps all of the time with no other issues to speak of, unless there's a Mirage in my squad.

EDIT: I'm not trying to bust your chops,taiiat, but the GTX series is the only GPU that can stream to the Sheild Tablet. I wouldn't really call that "budget".

Edited by DCypherThis13

all you need to know about a GTX 750Ti is that it's a Budget GPU. you're not going to be playing heavily GPU intensive games (like uh, Battlefield 4 or Shadow of Mordor) at high Framerates with many bells and whistles on.

however, it's got a lot of horsepower for it's cost, and the Electricity usage to drive that Horsepower is basically nominal.

you may replace it for something 'more serious' sometime in the future, but currently, this GPU is a solid midrange card when affordability is one of the highest priorities.

a GTX 750Ti is a fantastic Budget GPU.

it's not breaking any performance records but it's also very inexpensive, while still performing very adamantly.

this GPU exists solely to be a Budget 'bank for buck' GPU.

a GTX 750 Ti can be purchased for $150 at most.

a GTX 970 is ~$350.

a GTX 970 is the top end of 'bang for buck'. it's the most expensive GPU in that category. it's in a completely different price bracket.

I know very well that it is a different category, although it's the cheapest high-end card. Btw you can get it for 330 with Far Cry 4 included.

750Ti however was mid-range at best when it was released, and that was a year ago.

x60 is either 'high end budget' or 'midrange'. these GPU's sit in the middleground between price point and just outright performance.

the 750Ti is still a midrange GPU. albeit on the Budget side of midrange. it will be for the near future. midrange GPU's are just that.

to suggest it isn't a midrange GPU would show that you don't have a wide experience with the products that are available, and what games people play and are available to play with them.

not everything is as bloated and inefficient as those bloated budget games. Warframe in particular, you could get superb performance with a theoretical 2GB GTX 460. and fairly good (might be some drops from time to time) performance with a theoretical 2GB GTX 260.

ofcourse, most games aren't that lucky. even so, the majority of games out there aren't bloated budget games that run like arse and need to have performance brute forced out of them.

ex. Battlefield 4 can be played on Ultra, at a reasonable Resolution(i.e. 1080p), with a 750Ti, provided we assume the rest of the machine is up to par ofcourse.

in Multiplayer, with all of the Explosions and Players, a 750Ti can still average close to 60FPS. above and below 60 at times, but still averaging ~60.

Framerate (admiteddly, Framerate is a vague determination but i don't think Frame Time can be displayed 1st or 3rd party for BF4) ranging from 45-80.

note! i'm talking about averaging 60FPS while recording with Shadowplay. which admiteddly, doesn't have a large GPU performance impact, but nevertheless.

O.O that treasure trove of information will take me awhile to decode,but its very helpfull,now i have some idea of the confusing nvidia terminology naming

can you reccomend a good gameplay recorder for warframe while your at it?something with little impact on preformance preferably

or tell me how to get razer cortex to record warframe,which i havent been able to do so far

Edited by GunDownGrace

I played Warframe on my brother's gamer laptop, and Warframe was everything but smooth in void, with a 460M, an I7 at 2,2Ghz, and 16 gigs or Ram, so erm, no, I don't think a 460 and especially a 260 would perform much better.

can you reccomend a good gameplay recorder for warframe while your at it?something with little impact on preformance preferably

Shadowplay would be the best option. it uses a built in H.264 chip on your Nvidia GPU to record your games. expected performance loss while recording: almost nothing.

I played Warframe on my brother's gamer laptop, and Warframe was everything but smooth in void, with a 460M, an I7 at 2,2Ghz, and 16 gigs or Ram, so erm, no, I don't think a 460 and especially a 260 would perform much better.

the biggest problem was the Processor. mobile Processors are immensely throttled to meet battery requirements.

however, a GTX460M is about equal (but probably 10-15% inferior) to an HD4850 in terms of performance.

it's also a Mobile GPU. the Manufacturers themselves don't even support Mobile GPU's. so i cannot guarantee a certain level of performance / compatibility.

a GTX 460 would perform much superior to the Mobile model.

but again, Warframe doesn't drive GPU's very much. it's more Processor and North Bridge.

on my last GPU, a GTX460SE (which isn't quite as powerful as a GTX460, ~85.7% of the expected performance of a GTX460), my GPU utilization in Warframe was like, ~25% utilization in Mission. 30% tops. sometimes as low as 21%.

Edited by taiiat