Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De - Please Add A Better System For Keysharing To Promote Your Community Wanting To Play Those Missions With One Another.

Enfo

I, for one, am getting super tired of doing public "keyshare" runs.
9/10 times there will be some silly person who thinks that it's okay to just take off when it's their turn to use a key because they joined without any.

This is especially annoying when doing runs for Mesa or Hydroid.

Please, DE. For the sake of actually being able to do these things in public games, add a simple system so that you're able to copy/paste your key's itemcodes into the chat, and further avoid salty endings.

EDIT:

Another idea would be to make keys way easier to farm, and require everyone in the group to have a key to enter the mission. This would avoid any kind of issues with people running away.

Another more harsh system would be where you could only use your key once in a party, but would require a rotation to use keys, and make you lose it if you left without a vote which would allow you to do so.

The first solution would probably be the best, and most friendly towards everyone.

Edited by Enfo

The problem with that is that, even if someone has a key, it is not said that they will use it. So, they could just make one to link it and then still simply keep doing what they always do... I had that happen on a couple void runs... and I think with Alad V as well. It is annoying... but that's how people are... selfish *****.

I don't really think, there is any form of security that will ensure, noone abuses the others.

The problem with that is that, even if someone has a key, it is not said that they will use it. So, they could just make one to link it and then still simply keep doing what they always do... I had that happen on a couple void runs... and I think with Alad V as well. It is annoying... but that's how people are... selfish *****.

I don't really think, there is any form of security that will ensure, noone abuses the others.

Ofcourse, there wouldn't really be a proper system for it unless DE made some sort of system which would take away your key if you left the group without a vote which allowed you to do so safely, which could be another, but probably more complicated system to implement.

But even so, i would feel much safer knowing that the person i ran something like Mutalist or Vay Hek with, actually had a key on them rather than not. 

Edited by Enfo

1. What part of "we do not enforce promises" dont you understand

2. With your plan I could still leave with my key intact so thats a bad plan

3. Unless your locked in and cant leave the squad none of the ideas like yours will work.

4. A possible solution is to make the resource much more easily obtained through regular grinding on eris as rewards from interception, defense, survival etc. And have everyones key get used up at the same time just like the fomorian event right now. That way theres less RNG and less wait time involved and everyone wins or loses together no matter what happens

1. What part of "we do not enforce promises" dont you understand

2. With your plan I could still leave with my key intact so thats a bad plan

3. Unless your locked in and cant leave the squad none of the ideas like yours will work.

4. A possible solution is to make the resource much more easily obtained through regular grinding on eris as rewards from interception, defense, survival etc. And have everyones key get used up at the same time just like the fomorian event right now. That way theres less RNG and less wait time involved and everyone wins or loses together no matter what happens

Ultimately, a system where you could only use your key once in a party, but would require a rotation to use keys, and make you lose it if you left without a vote to allow you to do so would work.

No one wants to be in a group where someone thinks they're hilarious because they decides to leave while giving the rest of the group the middle finger.

Edited by Enfo

simplest solution that is fair to all:

no more mission type void keys

keys now only come in 4 flavors, T1-4, any key can be used for any mission type at that tier

ie a T3 key can be used for a T3S/C/D/MD/etc

additionally, keys continue to drop as random rewards for ALL mission types (rare drops however), and the mission rewards a higher tier key based on the mission lvl (ie lower lvl missions give t1-2 keys, higher lvl missions give t3-4 keys)

finally a key combination system:

one tier 1 key

one tier 2 key = two tier 1 keys

one tier 3 key = three tier 2 keys

one tier 4 key = four tier 3 keys

this way all keys are forever useful and somewhat modular, keys can be combined upwards or broken downwards (both would require creds and possibly resources)

obviously the void drop table rewards would need to be restructured slightly to accommodate the new options available to the tenno (and no more key drops in the void, except for maybe from rare crates or caches)

and while yes, none of this directly addressed the OP's ideas, those ideas are flawed, and are based on a system where a specific mission type key is in incredibly high demand, my suggestions largely remove that (of course this doesnt address the boss key issue, but im sure there are better ways to address that as well, or simply leave it as it is, no addressing necessary; would be nice if it could be seen in the cell/squad menu however)

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Ultimately, a system where you could only use your key once in a party, but would require a rotation to use keys, and make you lose it if you left without a vote to allow you to do so would work.

No one wants to be in a group where someone thinks they're hilarious because they decides to leave while giving the rest of the group the middle finger.

And then the guy that REALLY has to get off and do something gets punished for something unrelated to the game and out of his control

Someone mentioned this system from another thread which I really liked.

Before the mission starts, everyone in the squad submits a key.

Once submitted, these keys are not returnable. Then the game automatically runs all the keys. 

There are possible downsides to this system for sure but I think it's still better than current system where you hope everyone isn't a !%#&head 

The safest way to do this, i guess, would be a mode like this:

You form this special squad

You select the mission

Only people with a key that you have selected can join

You would run the mission x times, x would be the size of the squad

You would only get and see the rewards if you successfully completed the missions x times, after the last mission everyone loses their keys.

"Prevents" leavers and disconnects problems. People can always leave but atleast you wouldn't lose your key, and if someone disconects well again atleast you didn't lose your key.

Edit: well that

Someone mentioned this system from another thread which I really liked.

Before the mission starts, everyone in the squad submits a key.

Once submitted, these keys are not returnable. Then the game automatically runs all the keys. 

There are possible downsides to this system for sure but I think it's still better than current system where you hope everyone isn't a !%#&head 

Edited by Khawz

I don't think DE meant for people to go hosting their keys while expecting others to use theirs.

Instead of making a system for keyshare the underlying problem should be fixed. Which is that some keys, especially sabotage are really scarce. All keys except for sabotage have a chance to be dropped while doing void missions. I think adding them in the rewards can help.

Mutalist navs should be easier to get. The hydroid farm is okay imo and doesn't need changes.

Otherwise I suggest people to just run keys with their own friends or clanmates.

Posting keys in chat will only do one thing,flood chat with more stupidity than it has already.

It won't fix anything.

I can just look towards WoW (or ANY game with this feature) and what happened when they allowed people to post items in chat....

It didn't help with anything at all...Just gave people more to troll with.

So,NO.

And then the guy that REALLY has to get off and do something gets punished for something unrelated to the game and out of his control

Posting keys in chat will only do one thing,flood chat with more stupidity than it has already.

It won't fix anything.

I can just look towards WoW (or ANY game with this feature) and what happened when they allowed people to post items in chat....

It didn't help with anything at all...Just gave people more to troll with.

So,NO.

As someone mentioned earlier. The best system would probably to make keys easier to get, and have the mission only work if everyone present in the party has a key available.

This is actually very important. Today at a T5 Sab keyshare one guy just stands afk for 2 runs and the last run he wasnt coming back either. After 20 min of wait disband. It was so F*CKING annoying, i even get mad when im thinking about it, that little dipsh*t...