Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call Button/ "c" Key/ Talk/ Mic/ Whatever...

silentsteppa

Question

long story short. I have a built in mic in my laptop. (I know what your thinking, laptops and PC gaming don't mix) well someone had mention to me how to use/enable it, but now its not working again? What do I do so I don't have to die holding a conversation in the mist of battle?

Edited by silentsteppa

5 answers to this question

Could have several reasons. Do you installed hardware recently and got a driver conflict ? Do you got 2 mic's in the settings and the wrong one is chosen ?

I have a similiar problem with Windows 7 and my USB Headphones. The headphones arent recognised as headphones. Windows thinks its regular speakers and shuts them off once i turn my normal soundsystem on. Havent found a ways to turn both on at the same time. So everytime i want to switch between headphone and speakers i have to change the settings and show windows which one is the standard one i want to use.

I play Warframe on my laptop, with voice chat just fine :)

Back on topic though, does your mic work fine with other programs (Skype, etc)?

If it does, go to the options menu (top right button beside the X when you log in), click on the audio tab (the last one on the right) and see if the "Enable Voice" option is checked.

Try using the "Test Microphone" option to see if you can hear yourself.

Hope that helps....

I have a similar problem as the OP.  I have a Plantronics USB wired headset connected to my Windows 7 desktop with Steam as the app launcher.  Any assistance would be appreciated, given the troubleshooting I've done:

-Plantronics speakers shows as the "Default Communication Device" in the Window's Sound Playback options.

-Plantronics microphone shows as the one and only "Default Device" for Recording, and it visualizes the current mic noise successfully.

-TeamSpeak 3 can use my headset & mic properly (although I DONT want to use it for this game because I want to use in-game VOIP)

-I shut down the Warframe client/game, unplugged, and reconnected my headset, then started back up the client.

-The Test Mic option in-game does not do anything, regardless of whether I press the C key or not.

-I tried changing the Mic Cutoff setting as well.