The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Want Excalibur In My T4 Defence Missions Any More

Nisotak

Hello. I was the Excal who posted the 4444 messages as a joke. I was trying to lighten the mood except I guess it didn't work. 

The reason I brought Excal over Frost or Loki was because I was under the impression that the OP only wanted to do 20 waves. The fastest way to do 20 waves of T4D is to spam Javelins. I did ask in the squad chat how many waves we were gonna go for and offered to play any of the male frames or trinity. 

I mentioned in game that my damage was falling off. I can't say I saw why the pod went from half it's hp to 0 in a second. I was watching the game and thought momentarily about jumping down from the pod and hoping it'd keep it alive but it went down too fast. 

Maybe it was a nullifier, maybe an eximus. I'm not sure what took it out. My guess it was a nullifier housing a death squad. 

I see a huge debate about fun vs not fun for people that I won't have a fun time reading so I'm not gonna.

All I'll say is that this is no different than the role for players when you have a team of Nova, Loki, Rhino, and Frost. The nova and loki make everything immobile and essentially dead except nullifiers. 

Edit: I suppose it's a bit different since Nova and Loki would also be casting ultimates. It's the difference of a button. I don't see what's the issue. If anyone would like someone to not play a frame before the game because the frame's skill is unfun, say something. Like I said before, I offered to play any male frame or trinity.

Message me in game or on the forum the next time you see me and I will gladly replace your keys or the loki system that we got denied of. If I see you in game I'll message you. 

Edited by WizardRubic

So many inconsiderate gamers in a co-op game, wow. Life is fine and dandy as long as you guys are having fun doing whatever you want, even if that means sapping eveyone else's fun....i find this sad.

Im not asking to go out of your way and make sure other people have a super fun time, but spamming your skills so much that others don't have a chance to kill anything for a good 20 minutes is just...selfish, no,  i don't know the word for it.

You are saying that they shouldn't worry about getting kills, but yet you are actively trying to get the kills. How does this double standard work ?

Frost doesnt need to use the globe if nothing is shooting it.(maybe he is actually being considerate and doesnt want to block your vision with the globe effect, i don't know if he had black energy colour)

Trinity can't use EV if there are no enemies.

Excals killing everything and not making the above possible and then blaming the other 2 for "not contributing" ?

lol ok

"Nerf dis frame becuz he killed stuff before I could and we lost because when he stopped killing things I wasn't defending the pod DE plz. :("

It's not so much the OP's blaming of the Excaliburs but more that he wants to revert the terrible LoS Nerf on an already balanced frame.

i miss the old excal.

if i host defense, i just refuse to start when i see excal in squad, cause i'll just end up being bored and pay more attention to a show on the tv rather then actually play.

there need to be anti spam system, if a player abuse Ult, they should stop reciving affinity after repeating ult so many times in 5-10 seconds window.

atleast frames like rinho dont do as much damage and stunning enemies more then killing.

excal need a complete rework and a new ult that cannot be used to just idle while a macro take care of the spamming (some people actually lazy enough for ult macro wich is sad and pathetic)

I'm confused. So should people not "kill as much" or what? Is there a threshold people aren't aware of? Did we miss a memo? Is there an imaginary list of rules that I signed up for?

Complete the objective. Everything else is subjective. What is fun for you and fun for me can be two different things. The only thing you can do is hope you find a middle ground. If you can't, you can keep going until the objective is done and leave or quit.

So many inconsiderate gamers in a co-op game, wow. Life is fine and dandy as long as you guys are having fun doing whatever you want, even if that means sapping eveyone else's fun....i find this sad.

Im not asking to go out of your way and make sure other people have a super fun time, but spamming your skills so much that others don't have a chance to kill anything for a good 20 minutes is just...selfish, no,  i don't know the word for it.

You are saying that they shouldn't worry about getting kills, but yet you are actively trying to get the kills. How does this double standard work ?

Frost doesnt need to use the globe if nothing is shooting it.(maybe he is actually being considerate and doesnt want to block your vision with the globe effect, i don't know if he had black energy colour)

Trinity can't use EV if there are no enemies.

Excals killing everything and not making the above possible and then blaming the other 2 for "not contributing" ?

lol ok

Tell me please, tell me what an excal is supposed to do other than damage. Radial blind? Why so you can cry nerf on that some more? Excals are not going for kills just so you cant have them, excal goes for kills because its a damage frame. Where is your logic? If your trinity is good (which most who go to the rep farms are) they can easily get an EV off before enemies drop to make sure the excals/rhinos have a steady stream of energy. I once had 6k energy pop up at the bottom of my screen because of it. (while TWO excals were nuking)

i miss the old excal.

if i host defense, i just refuse to start when i see excal in squad, cause i'll just end up being bored and pay more attention to a show on the tv rather then actually play.

there need to be anti spam system, if a player abuse Ult, they should stop reciving affinity after repeating ult so many times in 5-10 seconds window.

atleast frames like rinho dont do as much damage and stunning enemies more then killing.

excal need a complete rework and a new ult that cannot be used to just idle while a macro take care of the spamming (some people actually lazy enough for ult macro wich is sad and pathetic)

Whats "sad and pathetic" is that proposed change you made.People would still use it to pass waves quickly. Affinity has nothing to do with getting past waves quick. Why not just ask your party members not to play him? Its quite simple

Edited by armedpoop

DE are going to help you stop the spammers, next up Primed Streamline and a new batch of Corrupted Mods.... following hot on the heels of Transient Fortitude which was a +Power Strength mod purely designed to complement Fleeting Expertise builds as an alternative to Blind Rage.

That should fix it!

I say it time and time again, DE want us to do this, and more specifically they want us to desire the high (fusion) cost mods that allow us to do this.

They want us to keep playing the game, spending money directly or contributing to the economy by selling stuff to new players (who buy plat).

People are deluding themselves if they think otherwise.

Are you really of a belief that the developers want to stop this Press 4 gameplay, but they don't see how giving us more powerful mods and more tailored builds all the time is the wrong thing to do?

If you need anymore help with this epiphany, they just released a frame who's ultimate allows you to just hold 4 rather than press it repeatedly, and it literally does the shooting for you.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Tell me please, tell me what an excal is supposed to do other than damage. Radial blind? Why so you can cry nerf on that some more? Excals are not going for kills just so you cant have them, excal goes for kills because its a damage frame. Where is your logic?

I don't have anything against excals. I have a problem with "meta rep farmers" who spam 4's non-stop in maps that aren't used for rep farming. All it would take for everyone to be happy is if they didn't spam 4s as much as they did on that map and actually gave the other 2 team mates a reason to use their skills to "participate" in the mission so they don't fall asleep while standing around and not being able to do anything, is it really that much to ask ?

I'd understand if op went to draco or w/e other map thats used to meta4 right now and expected not to get bored, but this is another matter...

Yes excal is a damage frame, however they had frost(who's main job is to protect w/e needs to be protected) and trinity(who can supply energy via enemies who are alive). Nothing needed to be protected because of rapid 4444444's and trinity couldn't even use EV because nothing stayed alive long enough.

I don't have anything against excals. I have a problem with "meta rep farmers" who spam 4's non-stop in maps that aren't used for rep farming. All it would take for everyone to be happy is if they didn't spam 4s as much as they did on that map and actually gave the other 2 team mates a reason to use their skills to "participate" in the mission so they don't fall asleep while standing around and not being able to do anything, is it really that much to ask ?

I'd understand if op went to draco or w/e other map thats used to meta4 right now and expected not to get bored, but this is another matter...

Yes excal is a damage frame, however they had frost(who's main job is to protect w/e needs to be protected) and trinity(who can supply energy via enemies who are alive). Nothing needed to be protected because of rapid 4444444's and trinity couldn't even use EV because nothing stayed alive long enough.

About trin, see my edit*

And you know how you solve players not doing what you like? You dont play with pugs. Yes its too much to ask a pug to stop ult spamming for OP, even tho the Excal in question has commented in this thread (or so they say) and seems to be a cool person. 

If trin and frost did their job in the match, this thread wouldnt exist. Lazy players, not knowing roles etc. You even say yourself that Frost's "main job is to protect w/e needs to be protected" and the pod needed protection, and he didnt give it.

Edited by armedpoop

About trin, see my edit*

And you know how you solve players not doing what you like? You dont play with pugs. Yes its too much to ask a pug to stop ult spamming for OP, even tho the Excal in question has commented in this thread (or so they say) and seems to be a cool person. 

If trin and frost did their job in the match, this thread wouldnt exist. Lazy players, not knowing roles etc. You even say yourself that Frost's "main job is to protect w/e needs to be protected" and the pod needed protection, and he didnt give it.

I can turn that around for you. How about meta4 spammers only join other meta4 farmer groups and stop joining normal squads.

The pod needed protection but the poor 2 backseat folks lost so much focus due to not being able to participate in combat that they just couldn't react to it in time. How about you try staring at the screen for 20mins and then when stuff starts hitting the fan suddenly you have to spring into action as if you were there all along, having fun and being awake.

CyBpeL4.gif

Edited by kiteohatto

I can turn that around for you. How about meta4 spammers only join other meta4 farmer groups and stop joining normal squads.

The pod needed protection but the poor 2 backseat folks lost so much focus due to not being able to participate in combat that they just couldn't react to it in time. How about you try staring at the screen for 20mins and then when stuff starts hitting the fan suddenly you have to spring into action as if you were there all along, having fun and being awake.

and I can turn it right back on you lol

How about "normal squads" ask for people to NOT bring "meta4 spammer builds" to "normal groups"?

Soo you question my ability to play the game? Me specifically? (sounds like a strawman to me, but ill humor you) Because its happened before. You are talking to somebody who plays Rhino in rep farms. I literally stand around and press 3 for about 7 mins a wave. Guess what? Excals and trins go down every other wave because their builds are focused on one thing: synergy. No surviability mods, no utility, nothing. All power and range. 

So what does a rhino do when "stuff starts hitting the fan", or in this case, teamates dying? Now mind you, this is 7 whole mins a wave on nothing but pressing 3 every 20 seconds. I pop iron skin and rez my teamates, then go and cap whatever points need to be capped.

This game is about teamwork, and if your team doesnt work together, or in your case and OP's, communicate, then all is lost. Its nobodies problems but their own for losing that wave, I dont care how boring it was, you have a job to do, and if you fail at it, its nobodies fault but your own. Frost's job, as you said, is to defend anything that needs defending. Frost failed that job, not excalibur. Excalibur's job is to kill, and thats what he did and does. 

Edited by armedpoop

blaming one player for giving the others "loss of focus" is the most S#&$tiest, borderline entitled thing I've ever heard.

When doing a T4D and nobody picks frost, I just pick him and guess what? I never stop putting up bubbles, ever; I know my role is to defend the pod, even if nothing is around, it doesn't matter, and I'll only walk away for the duration of a bubble.

You having a zephyr/frost on your team and still failing to do the most basic of defence and then blame your failure on a player who was actually doing something is some high level mental gymnastic inane garbage.

I don't mind in the case of TD4 because the first 20 waves feel like a waste of time anyways. Excalibur spamming "4" to 20 just lets us get to the good parts faster. Team should have just extracted at 20 rather than lazily let pod die, can't really blame anyone but the team for that type of neglect... Although I suspect those same Excaliburs didn't both to use Radial Blind...

But yeah, playing a game where Excalibur / Mesa wipe out everything before you can even establish LOS can be pretty annoying if you actually intend to play the game. When Excalibur Radial Javelin change first occurred I dreaded Excalibur's presence on random alerts/invasions because I knew what was coming.

blaming one player for giving the others "loss of focus" is the most S#&$tiest, borderline entitled thing I've ever heard.

When doing a T4D and nobody picks frost, I just pick him and guess what? I never stop putting up bubbles, ever; I know my role is to defend the pod, even if nothing is around, it doesn't matter, and I'll only walk away for the duration of a bubble.

You having a zephyr/frost on your team and still failing to do the most basic of defence and then blame your failure on a player who was actually doing something is some high level mental gymnastic inane garbage.

This person gets it.

snip

How about "normal squads" ask for people to NOT bring "meta4 spammer builds" to "normal groups"?

Why should the majority of people who are NOT running rep farms(especially in voids) ask specificaly NOT to get meta4 rep guys when recruiting ? It's common sense really, doing a void defense-don't come in and play it like a repfarm node.

It's not the same with the meta4 guys, because they are the minority and they have a smaller circle of people who just play to "repfarm", majority shouldn't have to filter out the minority, it's always the other way around.

I don't enjoy playing with people like you who only care about maximizing some aspect of the game even if that means sacrificing fun. I just don't.

I shouldn't need to put in extra effort to filter out meta4 guys when looking to play normal non meta4, non repfarm gamemode/node.

Frost failed that job because of excaliburs making him/her fall asleep....get.that.through.your.mind.

I don't use excalibur because its not fun for me to stand in 1 place and press 4. I actually like moving around and stuff.

P.S. Im done arguing for the night.

Edited by kiteohatto

-snip-

Aww and it was just getting good!

I like how you assume that all I do is rep farm, I like how you assume that all I care about is minmaxing when I could care less about it. Its not minmaxing to optimize a build for a specific mission.

How hard is it to see that somebody is playing an Excalibur and then ask them to "hey can you not nuke everything?" Its not about minorities or majorities, its about communication. "I shouldnt have to put in extra effort to make sure my game goes how I want it to" - The words of a lazy player. 

Frost failed his job because he was lazy. A lazy frost is an unwanted frost. Get that through your head. If frost was doing his job, they wouldnt have wiped as hard as they did.

But no, quit the argument when you have nothing else to say but passive aggressive insults or the same thing youve already said, because thats how the forums should work right?

Edited by armedpoop

Am I missing something here?

Guy hosts T4 defense, and gets two players he doesn't like. He doesn't ask the two players to stop. He doesn't abort the mission, and get his key back. Instead he suffers horribly for 20 rounds. And then loses the mission because he isn't paying attention.

And naturally, he comes to the forums to whine.

If ult spamming is so horrible, why didn't you ask them to stop? And why didn't you just abort and get a new group?

The OP makes no sense at all.

Am I missing something here?

Guy hosts T4 defense, and gets two players he doesn't like. He doesn't ask the two players to stop. He doesn't abort the mission, and get his key back. Instead he suffers horribly for 20 rounds. And then loses the mission because he isn't paying attention.

And naturally, he comes to the forums to whine.

If ult spamming is so horrible, why didn't you ask them to stop? And why didn't you just abort and get a new group?

The OP makes no sense at all.

Thats what people have been saying lol