Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rakta Ballistica Buff

Zakharon

DE, please tell me the Rakta Ballistica is going to get a buff, I am getting close to max rank in Red Veil and I wanna get this, but I constantly get told it is useless (Then again I do use the AkZani and do pretty good) so please give this the buff it needs.

Naah wont happen.

You can get a synoid gammacor tho.

Just press left mouse click with that extremely ammo efficent highest dps secondary.

I mean,everyone does it.It looks so much fun.

Red Veil wont get any love...

Edited by unnamedlord

earnestly i think the syndicate Ballista is a gret Weapon,if you're able to handle it.

especialy when the game goes more stealthy as it is now.

You have gotta be joking...

I can kill things faster with my bare hands.

As someone who got and polarized the Rakta Ballistica, I can say that it's not totally useless. Sure it has no place in extremely high level content, but anything up to that it's alright-ish. The regular burst of viral damage/energy refill/speed increase is also useful if you can learn to time it right.

That said, compared to the stat buffs the other weapons got, the Rakta Ballistica feels like a massive letdown. No base damage increase at all. It just gets shifted from a Puncture weapon [useful] to an Impact weapon [drastically less useful], and a slight increase in mag size.

Even a slight damage increase would be welcome, but otherwise as a reward for that much work? Rather a joke.

Thy should just double the damage and remove the recoil... and make it silence...

I am using synoid gammacor right now and i can say that the game got pretty boring. devs should nerf gammacor and buff the other weapons.

S.Gammacor should do half dmg, Or deal no AoE dmg but still the effect. Or give less power...

Both Ballisticas are super lackluster because they have very low DPS and damage per-hit, on both the burst-fire and charged shots. 

The easiest thing to compare the Ballistica's burst-fire to would probably be the Bolto. Both fire projectiles (uncharged) at about the same rate, but the Bolto has 45 damage vs. Ballistica's 25, is semi-auto instead of burst-fire, has much more manageable recoil, and has a much faster reload. All the Bolto loses to vs. the Ballistica is its magazine size (barely) and the lack of a charged shot. And this is the single Bolto, I'm not counting the Akbolto or the Telos Akbolto.

As for the charged shots, they only deal 100 damage, which is pitifully low given the charge time. A single shot of the Marelok, a gun I'd say has about the same practical range capabilities as the Ballistica (lower accuracy, but no travel time), deals 160 damage.

The only thing I could see them being hesitant about on the Rakta Ballistica is the radial Blight proc, which is probably the most useful syndicate proc in the game. That said, the base weapon is probably worse than the regular Ballistica since it swaps Puncture for Impact damage without giving any reasonable buffs.

For those that have been viewing the Rakta Ballistica threads, this will look similar. I have been a long time Ballistica fan, so both of the Ballisticas being so bad is really bugging me. I shall continue to post the following because it is the most logical solution.

It would not be that hard to fix, just tweak its damage stats.

When Ballstica first came out, its stats were identical to Paris'. However, Ballistica was not buffed when the Bows were. Thus, would it not be logical to simply buff it to the point that the Bows were buffed to?

Also, I do not understand the switch from puncture to impact damage. When taking out high priority targets, I would think that puncturing them would be more useful than punching them. It seems that DE wants to change the damage type though, so slash would make more sense. Red Veil wants to purge and Slash damage will make the victims suffer.

I think it would be really cool if all of the Syndicate weapons were equivalently powered and all end game tier weapons.

Basically, I think Ballistica should be equivalent to Paris and Rakta Ballistica should be equivalent to Paris Prime (or Dread).

I also think that burst fire should be a viable alternative to charged fire (unlike bows). It should not be as powerful, but at least decent.

Thus the stats would be...

Ballistica

40 (burst) damage (per arrow)

150 (charge) damage

20% crit chance (burst)

50% crit chance (charged)

2x crit multiplier

(everything else the same)

Rakta Ballistica

50 (burst) damage (per arrow)

200 (charge) damage

20% crit chance (burst)

60% crit chance (charged)

2x crit multiplier

As for the 50% and 60% crit chances, 50% is the minimum (pretty number) crit chance for secondarys to obtain 100% crit chance due to secondarys crit chance mod being weaker (120% versus rifles 150%). I gave the Rakta 60% so that it would be able to occasionally hit some red crits. And for those who say "the better pistol mods would make it OP", go look at the secondary crit damage mod... it is only 60%.