[DE]Rebecca

Eyes Of Blight: Postmortem & Results.

only if you pretend that its not an exploit, but go argue with DE about it - if they made event this full of holes -  cant blame the players for finding them

Say what you want, even with the audited scores we are leading the leaderboards with the by far highest score across all tiers. Your hate only makes us stronger.

• Upvote 1

Honestly we cant claim #1 #2 or #3 for this event.

Everyone will not doing high score after they got the high score, and the problems is we will lose all the relays without doing high score (over 1 billion for each tenno) everytime fomorian attack our relays.

Edited by --Q--Gasz

Eyes of Blight: Postmortem & Results!

“You seek for knowledge and wisdom, as I once did; and I ardently hope that the gratification of your wishes may not be a serpent to sting you, as mine has been.” - Victor Frankenstein

For those of you familiar with Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, Victor’s ambition arguably caused his fall. The tragic creation of The Monster at this hands of Victor’s unchained ambition tells a tale similar to the latest Event on PC: Eyes of Blight.

In the world of Warframe, the Tenno were thrown against a massive threat to work together to stop the Vay Hek’s Fomorians from destroying the Relays. The Tenno are a diverse bunch and motivations differed from player to player. The Loot? Archwing? Timing? The variables and parts of this event led to a long 2 weeks of conflict and discussion.

The Tenno suffered losses:

Relays Lost:

Venus: Vesper

Earth: Strata

Eris : Kuiper

Europa: Leonov

The Tenno also valiantly fought to save:

Relays Saved:

Mercury: Larunda

Saturn: Kronia

Pluto: Orcus

In the world of Digital Extremes, the holidays approached and we wanted something to play while we were extremely short staffed. A long-term event with real risk/reward seemed like the perfect fit. True to our history, no event seems to run smoothly and exploits emerged for the Leaderboard competition. On December 20th we Hotfixed, wiped the leaderboards, and continued to play. More exploits emerged turning the leaderboards into a ‘who could exploit the best’ race, and this is a race we couldn’t compete with. Here are the next steps for those who competed in the Leaderboards:

Leaderboards are what they are: our ambition left us unable to plug the holes to have a fair competition. The raw leaderboards will be archived here in this post. We are also auditing the leaderboards for trackable exploit use and creating an additional version of the Leaderboards with the audited results which will be displayed in game.

Trophies are no longer being issued for top clans per bracket, but instead for every participating clan as a memory of the Lost Relays.

While we aren’t in the business of Monsters and Literature (or maybe we are), we’re still able to draw parallels. Introducing new game modes through events is something we’ve practiced regularly, and it’s expected we’ll have our work cut out for us as events conclude. With ambitions better grounded in what we can accomplish, we’ll work to restore a more rewarding version of this mission along with fairer event competition moving forward.

Thanks to everyone who documented exploits and raised concerns about the event, without this information we are unable to rebuild!

Raw Leaderboards:

Ghost Clans

1.    10 Tenno    2,147,483,520

2.    Ion Deluge    1,928,111,117

3.    Judicators Deadly Squad    1,678,773,319

4.    Forgotten Creatures    1,287,001,958

5.    Highwinds    800,361,101

6.    Peruja    674,504,231

7.    THE GREEN ELEPHANT    485,953,536

8.    R E D    244,510,310

9.    Gorgonzola    215,475,933

10.    The Ego Of BerserkingAce    214,748,352

Shadow Clans

1/2.   Coup de Grace    2,147,483,520    KG KrankeGamer    2,147,483,520

3.    Eximus Tenno    1,687,181,334

4.    Just Team    1,290,485,929

5.    Legion der Geisteskranken    216,097,877

6.    Bronxkloppa    202,894,877

7.    Shadow Reavers    148,154,780

8.    Aurora Blaze    103,192,037

9.    Bionic Soldiers    78,677,147

10.    Microterrorizm    76,273,557

Storm Clans

1.    WARBREED    1,538,548,765

2.    Coup De Grace    875,942,962

3.    DeathLegacy    784,234,973

4.    Camp Kill Yourself    424,979,686

5.    4Forces FIRE    422,398,472

6.    Szmelowcy    169,899,458

7.    OSHAWER    144,454,475

8.    REVENGE    117,595,780

9.    Go Ahead and Report Me    100,809,301

10.    QATRO    84,601,381

Mountain Clans

1.    Eingreiftrupp EGT    927,563,211

2.    ASGARRD    823,140,589

3.    Quasars    796,034,232

4.    Dragons Blood    290,960,164

5.    ANGELSBR    42,115,289

6.    Heredes Tenno    32,792,593

7.    ThePaladins    25,679,120

8.    Risen    19,993,652

9.    FLOW    16,039,492

10.    Snowy Owls    14,577,861

Moon Clans

1.    Warbros Prime    228,888,444

2.    GardionS    83,147,622

3.    SaintsWarriors    55,001,669

4.    SaintsWarriorsRED    54,382,921

5.    Warframe Japan IGA    27,927,320

6.    Crescent Moon    14,436,435

7.    TW    13,185,601

8.    Soy Sauce Union    10,775,104

9.    AsurO    6,352,090

10.    WiK    6,170,277

Audited Leaderboards

Ghost Clans

1.    Ion Deluge    291,471,423

2.    Highwinds    239,278,118

3.    Forever Alone Tenno    125,688,595

4.    NightR4id    106,379,851

5.    FEGF    105,938,592

6.    R E D    98,567,808

7.    AvAElite    97,914,602

8.    SabertoothGaming    96,547,887

9.    Forgotten Creatures    94,136,402

10.    coopcrew    85,837,653

Shadow Clans

1.    Shadow Reavers    148,154,780

2.    Eximus Tenno    110,385,288

3.    Aurora Blaze    103,192,037

4.    KG KrankeGamer    91,787,249

5.    Bionic Soldiers    78,677,147

6.    SOCIOS    69,102,888

7.    Spectres N7    60,594,161

8.    501st Suicide Comando    47,908,236

9.    Coup de Grace    46,186,124

10.    Just Team    45,355,367

Storm Clans

1.    WARBREED    359,330,379

2.    OSHAWER    144,454,475

3.    REVENGE    79,374,058

4.    Aerion    49,870,650

5.    Camp Kill Yourself    49,791,557

6.    DownFall JP    35,828,046

7.    BR MASTER    30,251,692

8.    warframe    29,392,657

9.    THE HIVE    28,638,120

10.    JAPAN GATE    28,251,787

Mountain Clans

1.    Eingreiftrupp EGT    186,169,215

2.    Quasars    183,165,994

3.    ASGARRD    182,063,080

4.    Heredes Tenno    32,792,593

5.    ThePaladins    25,679,120

6.    FLOW    16,039,492

7.    Snowy Owls    14,572,839

8.    Noobsters    12,926,346

9.    Domo arigato MrTENNO    11,614,504

10.    Sword of The Stars    9,765,907

Moon Clans

1.    Warbros Prime    142,041,334

2.    Warframe Japan IGA    26,948,295

3.    GardionS    13,363,075

4.    TW    13,185,601

5.    Crescent Moon    12,616,997

6.    Soy Sauce Union    10,775,104

7.    AsurO    6,352,090

8.    WiK    6,170,277

9.    Test Clan Please Ignore    5,330,943

10.    Lone Rangers    4,548,792

Any clan/alliance using exploits should be punished period.

Up to the leadership to keep there shizzle together no moderators, period.

I don't care about the leaderboards, I never have, my main problem with this event was that DE yet again failed to design it in a way that gave us clear goals to work towards that at the same time completes the objective.

Attack 15 different famorians to get a very slightly better version of a current weapon isn't a very enticing reward, and it's only tied to attacking 15 different ones, doesn't actually require any of them to be destroyed, nor any other goals that require actually protecting the relays, nor any hints as to what changes in the future based on how many/which relays remain. And the requirement to grind resources to take part in the fights combined with no additional reward for going more than once if you hit the target damage first time (which is very easy, I did it solo just to try) means the event was very well designed to make players only attack each famorian once, and none after they've attacked 15.

DE needs to re-consider how they design events, try to make people playing the game only for the stated rewards still benefit the event as a whole, and include rewards that are more "meta" not just material rewards handed out at a certain point of effort, makes sure people don't go above that.

DE needed to actually outline what consequences partial/total destruction of the relays would yield, if all were destroyed then what? Would we need to build new ones by donating resources?

Edited by KriLL3
  • Upvote 3

Any clan/alliance using exploits should be punished period.

Up to the leadership to keep there shizzle together no moderators, period.

the term exploits is so vague in this event, hell just shooting at the core could be called an expoit. there were no clear rules, no clear guidelines other than ''blow it up tenno, LOL''

Edited by evil_m3nace
  • Upvote 3

"You can have a certain arrogance, and I think that's fine, but what you should never lose is the respect for the others."

-Steffi Graf

Enough with the gloating... we get it. You assume top score although almost nobody cares. Honestly I don't see anyone else chirping cheers of happiness as often as Warbros in other size categories because they have the self-respect and respect for their fellow tenno.

And one last quote before I go.

"There is no place for arrogance or complacency in racing because you are up there one minute and on your backside the next."

-Tony McCoy

• Upvote 3

EXN0V4, we got 225+millions without timer stop with just enough active members to fill mountain clan, what is your point? Ah, right, you did not understand how total score in the different clan brackets was divided by max amount of players possible in the bracket. 

I suppose I should say ahead of time that these are my opinions alone, and don't represent anything other than my opinion. 

My prior statement was somewhat glib, so I suppose it behooves me to apologize. However, insulting my intelligence seems somewhat unnecessary. If you'd like, I am more than capable of demonstrating that I understand mathematics as they pertained to the event. That has very little to do with my statement. And while clan inactivity seems to be a pervasive issue in most Moon clans, it doesn't seem like it's an unendurable hardship. Simply take those who are active and coordinate a move to a lower tier. In any case, comparing your scores to those in the other tiers isn't an accurate portrayal given the level of inactivity, but then again, what part of this event has been accurately portrayed anyway.

And I'm not denying that you did better than everyone in your tier, either; the numbers speak for themselves in that regard. It's more of a matter of the manner in which you choose to demonstrate those accomplishments, and the degree to which others celebrate. There are a number of people who work hard to place where they do, and still don't make it to where you are. 

People who work hard to try and place in the moon tiers and then consistently place far behind you guys are bound to get frustrated. It just seems like stomping all over your tier and then celebrating it in that way is a bit excessive; ultimately, more and more people will become more and more aggravated. Winning with grace isn't necessary, but it does seem like a good policy. 

A time and a place, ne'st ce pas?

• Upvote 1

And one last quote before I go.

"There is no place for arrogance or complacency in racing because you are up there one minute and on your backside the next."

-Tony McCoy

That's why we won by such a landslide, we made sure that not only we won but that we decreased other clans morale

• Upvote 2

both warbreed and warbros get point reduction for being known exploiters and are left in the top brackets? with point standing suspiciously high too... interesting

• Upvote 2

both warbreed and warbros get point reduction for being known exploiters and are left in the top brackets? with point standing suspiciously high too... interesting

woah woah woah why you hating bro?

Wow you are barking up the wrong tree. Both warbros and warbreed have won 7+ gold trophies a piece legitly. Please speak of things you know.

• Upvote 3

We did it legit for once. This is the first archwing event so we wanted to show that we could be #1 in any event DE throws at us. #1 now and forever.

• Upvote 2

That's why we won by such a landslide, we made sure that not only we won but that we decreased other clans morale

You're missing the point of the quote... there is no decrease in moral in other clans, if there was... a lot less people would be playing right now.

The point of the quote is if you get too far ahead of yourself, you'll end up tripping and falling behind. Whether it is in a direct fashion or indirect, if you get overzealous, it'll only backfire.

• Upvote 1

Or maybe we are #1 exactly because we refused to use the exploit in anticipation that something like this would happen? But I guess that may be too hard to understand for some.

• Upvote 3

we all no there are cheaters and there all way will be cheaters players that 

abuse the game.to me this is not right i love the players that try so hard 

to be the best that you can be.for the cheaters your the noob you take advantage

of good honest people that try using the tools that the game gives us not abusing

the bugs and expectation of the game.for all of you that dont no this haz been

going on for a long time witch is hard to say.in time were well this go.to me 

this is a good thing players/people standing up to the bullys.........

i thank you digital extremes i no you try your best to make us happy and you have 

you gave us something new and courageous and i am proud to be a tenno. 

You're missing the point of the quote... there is no decrease in moral in other clans, if there was... a lot less people would be playing right now.

The point of the quote is if you get too far ahead of yourself, you'll end up tripping and falling behind. Whether it is in a direct fashion or indirect, if you get overzealous, it'll only backfire.

There was, do you see the point difference? we made sure that nobody could catch us.

• Upvote 1

If one billion is the theoretical legitimate cap, why is it so surprising that the two clans with the most wins have a large number of individuals with scores that are high? 

I'm not sure if you saw the leaderboards, but 900 million was a readily attainable score provided you had enough coordination and skill. And almost all of the top scores that were obviously exploited were in excess of two billion. 

It stands to reason that the two clans who have consistently shown themselves capable of taking the win by a large margin would do so again. Go back and look at the leaders for previous events. For the most part, those two clans have consistently won by a large margin.

i won't comment at your obvious confession high lighted there   

We did it legit for once. This is the first archwing event so we wanted to show that we could be #1 in any event DE throws at us. #1 now and forever.

but it seems the auditing says something different.

Storm Clans
1.    WARBREED    1,538,548,765

1.    Warbros Prime    228,888,444

Audited Leaderboards

1.    WARBREED    359,330,379

1.    Warbros Prime    142,041,334

• Upvote 2

i won't comment at your obvious confession high lighted there   

all the runs that we did over 1 billion were taken away, I did like 40-50 runs. and for once means that ALL of us agreed not to exploit, but our high scores were taken away anyway.

• Upvote 4

the term exploits is so vague in this event, hell just shooting at the core could be called an expoit. there were no clear rules, no clear guidelines other than ''blow it up tenno, LOL''

Well shooting the core was the idea, the nodes where multipliers.

Clear cut exploits as proven, there will be grey area's but everyone with a bit IQ can make up if it is okay/kinda/no go.

Edited by GrandMasterV
  • Upvote 1

Fine, I see there is no possibility of having a discussion with the stubbornness you all possess, I only wish that one day you learn the concept of humility.

As for the event, while it could have been executed in a better fashion, I found it enjoyable, to say the least. I do believe the timing was off though, as I'm sure many people have missed there chance at full completion. I am glad for the trophies though.

Auditing simply cuts off the scores above 1 billion. We were consistently scoring above that without using the exploit. Basically, only our worse runs counted in the end.

And I don't see how winning the previous events could have been exploited.

• Upvote 3