Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Charge Attacks, Not Old One, Just New

IfritKajiTora

So Melee attacks lack of charge attacks which were great and powerfull. Some people want it back and some not.
For me Charging attacks had too much power compared to normal swings and it was just anoying pulling them over and over the same attack everywhere.

I think that Melee need charge attacks but in different way. Charge attack should be maked in any time we want while swinging, for example:
Hold E
E, Hold E
E,E,Hold E
E,E,E, Hold E
E E, pause, Hold E
E,E, pause, E, Hold E

This will be the same attack animation as the combo but it will be charged and when loaded around 1,5 sec Warframe will automaticly get into Channeling burst (The same effect as channeling but more bright, like explosing aura) and then Consume 10 energy and deal 3x more damage than normal swing.

The only problem are the Hold E combos, charge attack can be repleaced with R button.

It can be done in different way. Press R to get into Burst channeling for 2 sec and then the next E swing will be slower but with stronger strike

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Agreed. I have posted a very similar* suggestion and we're not the only ones. Already have proof of concept with the throwing weapons. Totally baffles me that this isn't in-game. It could presumably even be added to existing stances with modifiers, too. Like block+hold or back+hold. They already have animations for a lot of it too, I would think.

I really have NO IDEA what I'm talking about from a programming side so I wouldn't argue if a dev said it wasn't reasonable to do, but it sure does seem like low hanging fruit which could get them a lot of good PR that they surely need.

Edited by VKhaun

I'd be down for this version. I wasn't crazy with charge attacks in the past cause that's all I would see day in and day out; charge spam for days! But mixing it into your combos is a great idea. Thinking of the last hot topic that had the suggestion about whether canceling combos is a good idea or not; this would be a great addition. So instead of just straight canceling combos, you could move right into a charge swing.