The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love Nullifiers!

Brettsta

Arguably the first enemy that makes us consider loadout options and strategy because of it's mechanics and not because it's another damage sponge. Yah, I love them too. Best enemy unit in the game, imho.

Pull out your Rhinos and Boltor primes, everyone! Strategy? Shoot.

I'd agree with you if the said considered loadout options could be varied more then Tank +HMG. That sounds like hyperbole, but it seems that's the most effective way to deal with them; and because of that, the hypothetical "challenge" is out the window.

I'm simply saying that these units aren't bad, they're just unconventional. I have no problem with them being there, but please, refine them. Make them into something beautiful.

I like the idea of an enemy that can disable our powers, since no other enemy does that. But having them block powers and bullets seems a bit much. The Arctic Eximus already have their bullet sponge shield, so do we really need the Nullifiers to have one too?

If all they had was an Eximus style aura, or a bubble field that stopped all Warframe powers, without blocking incoming fire, they would be fine. They would also need more health, probably about as much as a Tech or more, since their bubbles are currently almost all of their health.

And they need a different weapon. Something like the Cestra or Tetra, a nice high fire rate low accuracy gun. Or maybe even a melee weapon, like the Lecta. They should be short range units that try to get close enough to get you inside their nullifier field, not snipers that just sit back and protect their friends.

In the void after 40min/waves as host they often oneshot me on my loki, it just need a split second if i'm not running and i'm done.
When i'm not host they get the lag precision malus and they are ok

I wish the punch-through on my weapons would actually work on their bubble

Edited by perfectStranger

Agile?

Their Lankas are hitscan and running anywhere in front of them at higher levels will result in OHKO. Best strategy here is to squat behind cover and take potshots at them. And you better have automatic weapon or you're gonna be taking potshots for a while.

My favorite moment is when you have to reaload/move/avoid/whatever and their shield starts to regenerate in the meantime... classic.

Edited by LocoWithGun

They are kinda ok-ish as Corpus units (except their Lankas) and totally not as Void enemies.

Corpus lack true heavy units and the things are only get hairy when you're close. Heavy Gunners and especially Bombards immune to crowd control just feel cheap and unfair, forcing players to use equally cheap viveresque tactics.

I liked that one time I came face to face with an Arctic Eximus Nullifier. Yeah, a shield within a shield. I cringed and did a "risk it for a biscuit" jump-attack instead. Those Lankas need some work though like people said; hitscan, rapid-fire and high damage all in one package? Fun.

Plus, I am never going to get through that shield with a bow. Punchthrough should still work, even if it's only with snipers/bows.

Edited by Tyrala