The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #44!

[DE]Rebecca

Are syndicates going to be made more relevant to people who don't play a lot of void missions? I mean, other than the occasional syndicate death squad. At the moment the offerings are either void keys (more void missions) or are locked behind specific prime parts (requiring grinding void missions).

Personally I don't enjoy the void missions very much because they seem to be better played with friends and, well, I don't have any friends that play this game. One of the major draws for me when starting to play this game was the effortless grouping using matchmaking. It is unfortunate that this aspect of the game simply evaporates once you reach a certain point in your progression.

I only have THREE questions for you this time. Three.

One. Will the issue with augments having separate mod slots be addressed soon?

Two. Will there be a simpler way of obtaining sabotage keys than through syndicates ie mission types rewarding a set type of key rather than relying on RNG that rarely delivers?

Three. Did everyone make it through that freakish snowstorm yesterday okay and how many relied on the strength of Steve's beard to power through?

My questions are:
When will the Carrier be fixed, meaning that sometimes it wont get items that just dropped?

What is the plan with the destroyed Hubs? Will we rebuild them through a future event? Or will they stay dead?

Will stealth ever be redone/overhauled? And if so, are you looking at other games stealth for ideas as to how it will work (Shadows of Mordor, Metal Gear Solid/Rising)

Can we have a worthy archenemy? Vey Hek is too clownish and Alad V not particularly intimidating. What we need is someone diabolical.... literally. Nekros has a supernatural flavor, surely the WF universe can accommodate more black magic? How about a new general making a pact with the Devil who in turn grants them eerie Tenno defying abilities?

Some will say the supernatural has no place in sci-fi, I would say watch The Fifth Element or Event Horizon.

Here are some handy stats to guide further questioning about Companions - hopefully it can assist in questions reflecting true player choices/preferences instead of guesses. (Thanks to Gavan for graphs)

Time window: December 19, 2014 - January, 7 2015

ZwtBPE1.png

koV4OAA.png

Holy moly, that's far more than I thought. I would believe 30% but 40?

On certain missions one can search for and find resource caches which drop uncommon rewards for the players. However, these rewards, in my view, aren't anything we can't find on any other mission, and the time spent finding these resource caches is not worth the time. Why not have the caches drop more interesting things; for example, T4 keys, corrupted mod cards or nightmare mod cards, prime parts, etc. Then the caches will be worth finding!

Can we have a worthy archenemy? Vey Hek is too clownish and Alad V not particularly intimidating. What we need is someone diabolical.... literally. Nekros has a supernatural flavor, surely the WF universe can accommodate more black magic? How about a new general making a pact with the Devil who in turn grants them eerie Tenno defying abilities?

Some will say the supernatural has no place in sci-fi, I would say watch The Fifth Element or Event Horizon.

I want one based on death, with a dragon kama

I wish you a successful year D.E. . Now,to my questions : 1) How will Swimming work?Can we melee, shoot,use abilities? Any gameplay or wip footage?!2) What about better Stealth mechanics?Rewards for no alarm rung in mission? Rewards for sneaking around during syndicates missions?Destructible lights to make us less visible?Distracting tools (for all frames,not just Loki)?3) When will Spy 2.0 arrive?4) What about Parkour improvements?5) When is Focus coming? Can we have some details before release?6) What's the status of Mios?Any wip to show?7) Do you have hints on the next warframe?8) Will we really get syndicates customizations? Armors,syandana's,sugatra's,& others (like the Steel Meridian hood for instance)?Little concepts or stuff for our curious eyes?9) Will other pets than kubrows ever come to life?(a bird-like one, a lizard like those from the alert?)10) Do you have stuff to show about Tyl Regor,J3-Golem,Kela or Nef & Derf? 3D models,hints on the boss fights)? Will they be locked behind keys?(I hope not)11) Where are the "Enemies of the Tenno" winners?(Manic grineer,riot moa,arcbomber,disgorger,juggernaut...) Any wip to show?12) When will we see the enhanced cloth physics applied to Frost,Volt,Trinity & Oberon?13) Are syndicates death squads placeholders?If so, do you have some concepts to show about revamped units?14) When will syndicate leaders completely replace the Lotus during their own mission?15) When will quests/past events be replayable?16) Have you worked on new types of melee weapons?(Nunchuks,feet only...)17) We have Lephantis. Where is the Void Assassination mission?18) Will past charge attacks come back in stances?(with a drawback to avoid spamming of course)19) Question to mr Steve : You always talk about being a space ninja,however the majority of players don't feel the same way at all. What would you like to do to improve that feeling? More oriental references?Better Stealth?20) About the forums : can we have something that notices us when a dev saw our thread?Many people fall in desperation, thinking that their topic is ignored,or forgotten.21) Did you progress a little with the difficulty settings?22) Have you ever thought about a Boss rush mode?23) Where are the previous pre-mission dioramas? They were so cool & you said it'll come back.24) Have you ever thought about a different style of colour palette, a palette with other texture effects? (more metallic look for instance)25) Can we lead our kubrows,shadows of the dead,mind controlled enemies or any friendly AI ourselves please? Sometimes AI pathing is erratic(kubrows always in front of our visors,AI getting to cover for too long. That would solve this issue immediately.26) Do you still plan to add a shooting range/ a X-men training room in the dojo?27) When is Nekros getting the Oberon treatment? He still is the "press3dude".28) Can we get a "restart mission" button for solo gameplay?29) Any other new tilesets to show?30) Where are the sentients/the fifth faction? How do they look like? Have you worked on it yet? Please D.E. , we want reasons to play Warframe in 2015. Lots of teasers & intriguing info would help.

Wow. Be patient I guess. And just wait for them to tell you.

With Twin queens coming soon, will be there an new enemy we encounter?

Technicaly, killing them will cause whole grinnier war machine collapse and they will pose far less danger than corpus.

Will be there any special tileset on earth with ruined pre-war towns? not the grinner architecture but the one we have today, maybe something hidden deep inside forrest we can find and explore with some special traps/rewards/easter-eggs

So far we see only soldiers in every ship we attack, what about technical crew? engine operators, captain, life support crew or something like that? i cant belive that grunts can operate every ship in grinner armada only by knowing how to use Grakata

My questions:

- A long time ago, when Wyrm and Shade were the only Sentinels, there was mention ( during Devstreams ) of Sentinels possibly hacking things for us. Has this been abandoned, forgotten, or just a low priority?

- For the Syndicates, why do we give samples of Orokin technology ( Forma, Potatoes, Prime parts ) to them? How does this maintain the Balance?

Please give me a lore-related reason to do this, even if only a little ingame queue of the Lotus giving me the OK to help out these Syndicates.