[DE]Rebecca

Poll: Key Rewards As Syndicate Offerings.

Which Offering would you like to see?  

8,385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

T4 void is not content designed for new players, so if new players cant afford to do it (standing wise) then there is no real problem there.

At a half descent MR you could afford 2-3 keys a day, with syndicate missions 4-5 possibly even 6 and you could make the rep back in 1 of those void missions.

At 5 for 5k rep they were far far too cheap.

• Upvote 1

things were fine the way they were, not going to choose between two similar 'screw yourself, player' alternatives.

I currently have more t4 Defense keys than all of my t1-3 keys combined. That is not fine. T4 keys are now the most common key in circulation by a wide margin.

• Upvote 1

Endless and infinite Tower IV Void Keys within Syndicate Offerings is something we offered with many iterations of the Syndicate system. There is no doubt this was used by many (recent 30-page PSA thread + a lot of us here as well), but we are making changes. The ramifications of the initial access caused skews in progression/difficulty and the exposure of massive loops of 'perpetual motion' of earning/spending Standing.

Please cast your vote in this poll to assist in the pending decision. Please note Keys will be removed (coming in 15.9) until this poll concludes and we discuss results.

Which Offering would you like to see?

1)    Cycle in 1 x TIV Key for 15K Standing. Mission type will follow existing assignment.

2)    Cycle in 3 x Random Void Keys, 1 x guaranteed T3 or T4 for 25K Standing. Sabotage Keys will included in the Random option.

Poll ends Friday, January 9th at 10 AM.

Keys should be offered in several levels

ATM other levels offer nothing of much interest so that you keep grinding more XP.

With the below people will be grinding more XP to get keys.

In case of a new prime pack you can ninja nerf the drop rate for specific keys if you wish.

Syndicate Lvl 2 10k rep for 5 keys 1 guaranteed T3 and 4 randoms.

Syndicate Lvl 4 20k rep for 5 keys 1 guaranteed T4 and 4 randoms.

Edited by GrandMasterV
  • Upvote 1

I heard a rumor once that DE listened to feedback from the community, not just the people loose with their money

• Upvote 2

Theres not much I can say that hasn't already been said.

A Price adjustment might make either option viable (lots of suggestions in post). Or, Cycling the keys out for some other form of reward and then back in ala Baro.

But as is both options are Terrible.

I honestly think syndicates are turning into another halfbaked idea, and this change is certainly underscoring it for me. I feel like syndicate augments were released with the expectation players would take a while to get to them (How many were broken on release?), and that players wouldn't cap the top teirs quickly and dump reputation into T4 Keys. DE then tried to nerf reputation gain (The Patch that didnt happen/Nullifiers), and now this.

The logic I'm seeing here appear to be: Reputation is too easy to get, Players are actually getting rewarded for their grind! Lets make all the options less appealing because they are gaming our (Unfair) system!

• Upvote 4

Those raised on a high sugar diet, will complain when you take the 24/7 candy source away.

• Upvote 1

These choices are like choosing between losing either your left or your right testicle, either way you're not going to be happy with the outcome.

Edited by Skinner1818
  • Upvote 3

Basically, what &!$$es people off about the whole Void key situation is the RNG. We have to hit up RNG minimum two times to get what we want, and in a lot of cases we have to hit up RNG three times to get what we want.

Most players will accept hitting up RNG once. It's a system that works in every other game with drops. Want that specific drop that drops from Diablo? You go run Diablo until RNG graces you with the item you're looking for. Diablo's always there and always accessible.

In Warframe, though, you have to:

Do a mission to get the key. RNG roll #1 is whether you even get a key at all (unless doing survival, but that won't give you T4 keys). RNG Roll #2 is whether the key you want is the key you're looking for. Then, assuming it is, you do RNG roll #3 to determine whether the item you get from running that key is the one you're looking for.

Now I get the idea behind RNG. It means that players who're lucky can feel lucky. However, the problem with Warframe right now, the reason why the #1 criticism for it is "grinding" is because of the nested RNG.

Players don't mind RNG used in moderation. But it's incredibly demoralizing to wrestle with RNG not once, but twice or even more. There's a reason why removal of T4 keys from syndicates is wildly unpopular amongst the community, and I think it has its heart in the overuse of RNG for everything.

Now some might think that prime access or plat sales are increased by such nested RNG. Frustrate the players enough and they'll buy in to avoid the RNG. But the issue there is that ultimately, you need players playing your game. Free players providing warm bodies to run with for whales like myself. Whales being the ones who spend cashdollars on your game. If you frustrate your players too much, players just burn out and wander off. As fun as a lot of us find Warframe, it is not the only game in the world and if you push us too far. punish us too much, we're going to seek greener pastures.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger
  • Upvote 12

I currently have more t4 Defense keys than all of my t1-3 keys combined. That is not fine. T4 keys are now the most common key in circulation by a wide margin.

and why is that a problem? Having a good way of getting t4 keys is not a problem, it's a solution.

• Upvote 2

T4 void is not content designed for new players, so if new players cant afford to do it (standing wise) then there is no real problem there.

At a half descent MR you could afford 2-3 keys a day, with syndicate missions 4-5 possibly even 6 and you could make the rep back in 1 of those void missions.

At 5 for 5k rep they were far far too cheap.

I agree 5k for 5 keys was too cheap, but that was a band-aid solution to a bigger problem

both choices for this poll feel like more band-aiding

• Upvote 1

5 minutes in cambria gets you a t3, 10 minutes in augustus gets you a t4. both of these options feel like i got kicked in the tennuts, but i'll go with the latter cause 1 key for 15k is just crazy talk.

25k rep is far too steep for three random keys, but I would prefer the random keys. Make it 5k rep for three random keys and people will be happier.

15k rep is a fair asking price for the potential of receiving the highest tier of content in the game as of now.

But yeah, screw DE for actively listening to it's playerbase.

do not pretend this messed up change was for player outcry, there were few post complaining for the tier 4 keys all getting negative reviews.  

and no, its not fair at all, its limiting anyone under MR 12 to 1 key a day, and most people under MR8 to 1 key each 2 days, that is a huge artificial time barrier for content that you can make with MK1 weapons anyway, not to mention that they also messed up the drop tables for the RNG granted key in 4 rounds of interception which takes under 20 mins, while were at it they should remove that dam natural talent already.

• Upvote 2

I assumed they'd replace something good with something just as awesome but this is essentially a choice between two terrible ones

• Upvote 2

25k rep is far too steep for three random keys, but I would prefer the random keys. Make it 5k rep for three random keys and people will be happier.

People will never be happy here lol.  It's a forum.

Both options need to die in two fires but Cycle two to me is the superior choice.

Friendly reminder to go buy those void key packs 10o! Only 75P!

I'm with Halser.

But whatever, just bought 300 of each key I'm gonna use.

Can't you see anything wrong with that, the fact that you can get "300 of each key" that easily?

• Upvote 1