[DE]Rebecca

Poll: Key Rewards As Syndicate Offerings.

Which Offering would you like to see?  

8,385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Option 1, Though I feel 15k a tad high for a single key.

I'd rather see the T4 keys rank locked to Rank 4 in the syndicates and cost 10k per key. I'd also like to see the addition of T1~3 keys for lesser amounts (or larger quantities for the same amount).

Key - Syndicate - Price
T1 - Rank 1 - 4 keys for 10k
T2 - Rank 2 - 3 Keys for 10k
T3 - Rank 3 - 2 Keys for 10k
T4 - Rank 4 - 1 Key for 10k

Ask a question

Get an answer

Dislike the answer

Delete their post

Thanks, DE. But really, you don't need to do that.

Both options are pretty bad imo. My idea would be to have 3 bundles:

5k reputation for 1 absolutely random key

15k reputation for 3 random keys 1 of them T3/T4 guaranteed

25k reputation for 5 random keys 2 of them T3/T4 guaranteed

heres an alternative i think everyone would want:

2500 rep for 2x t1 keys (random)

5000 rep for 2x t2 keys (random)

7500 rep for 2x t3 keys (random)

10000 rep for 2x t4 keys (random)

let US choose the tier of key, and how much we want to spend with rep on them, cheaper keys, lower tier quality.

locking us to t4 and 3 is stupid because new stuff everyone needs doesnt just spawn in those, and getting those lower tier keys is actually HARDER than higher level ones. makes no sense.

edit: also, higher rep with a faction unlocks higher tier keys.

That prises are better than current ones, and so logical :)

Comments like these seem to mysteriously disappear, but I want to make it clear that I have seen both options and refuse to accept either of them. This is a bad choice and I will not choose either.

heres an alternative i think everyone would want:

2500 rep for 2x t1 keys (random)

5000 rep for 2x t2 keys (random)

7500 rep for 2x t3 keys (random)

10000 rep for 2x t4 keys (random)

let US choose the tier of key, and how much we want to spend with rep on them, cheaper keys, lower tier quality.  locking us to t4 and 3 is stupid because new stuff everyone needs doesnt just spawn in those, and getting those lower tier keys is actually HARDER than higher level ones. makes no sense.

edit: also, higher rep with a faction unlocks higher tier keys. 

This approach isn't too bad.

Look, DE, see this idea, here? They're nudging the system away from keys being too easy to acquire... Keyword, nudging. Not taking a ****ing rocket-powered sledgehammer to it. Put your Jat Kittag away and take a sane, reasonable approach.

This days I don't run void for prime parts, I run for R5 cores, because that's what you end up needing in millions later on, because of how flawed the mod fusion is right now.

I also do it because the solar system has NOTHING to offer for me, besides, well, rep, and that's not a good enough reward when the only thing that is worthy is the 5 key pack, which will be gone, and those 2 new options aren't worth that many points.

Making is so I have to go back to the solar System and run Interception to maybe get a key so I can finally, maybe, get something that I need, and then end up with a million natural talents instead is NOT FUN.

Key acquisition should've been changed already, or there should be some sort of end game that actually rewards me (well, at this point, R5 cores and money only).

With this access to keys, what is there for me to do and enjoy the game? In short, not much. Interception is boring and doesn't really reward me for my time most of the time (because Natural Talent), and if I don't do that, I can't get T4 keys, which actually give me what I want, and besides that, the game isn't offering me anything else.

And I'm not sure what's with the mention of Sabotage missions. If the keys are random, why wouldn't Sabotage be part of it? Actually, was Sabotage FIXED already? Because giving it the spotlight without fixing it sounds... Plainly bad.

By the end of the day, removing the T4 keys and adding those "silly" packs will do no good, because in the end, there's no mention if any of the previous issues are being worked on.

Some of the things that I'd like to see with the removal of T4 keys from the syndicates to make things a little better:

1- Lessen the requirements to rank up mods. There's plenty of R10 mods already, and more to come, and it's way too hard to keep up (if you can even get to that point) with their requirements when the consistent way to get R5 cores is shut down behind a grind wall (a grind wall before a grind wall, awesome).
2- Change how Void keys drop, add them to other missions as well and make it all more consistent. Excavation is fine, anything else feels horrible right now. Are they even guaranteed drops on Rotation C? Because on Interception they aren't.

3- Remove Natural Talent from Rotation C.

4- Remove non prime rewards from Rotation C on the Void, really, if we are behind a grind wall to get the keys, it's a really big middle finger to the players to keep those in that rotation. (Any of the syndicate offers posted in this threat shouldn't count, since those prizes are a grind wall themselves, and you also are capped to 1~2 packs per day).

5- if you don't make point 1 happen, give us an alternate and consistent way to get R5 cores (syndicates do NOT apply). Or do it anyway, because R5 cores can be part of end content, and they only stop being end content when you finally get every mod on R10, which takes plenty of time, or plat.

Edit- 6- Make every prime part have the same chance of dropping. Yes, it's not fun to grind 10 keys to get 5 of the 2 same parts and none of the other 4.

I know you want players to play the game, I know you want players to spend money on the game, but making ridiculous grind walls only makes the game boring. Increasingly new content already consumes our time enough, making every new thing a huge grind wall is NOT FUN, there's no problem in making some of those grind walls a little smaller when you keep giving us new grind walls to go through.

Edited by Sorrow0110

*Comes in to stand up against this illusion of choice bullcrap and vote neither*

*Everyone already voted for more RNG*

Alright... Okay... Bend over guys, because here it comes again...

I like the 3 random keys option, but I feel the price is too much.

Option 1 is one T4 key for 15k. Before, it was 5 T4 keys for 5k, or 1k a key. The price increased by 15 times! 

Option 2 is a bit cheaper per key, although still too much in my opinion. Also, with this option, each syndicate will have the same reward, defeating the purpose of unique syndicate rewards. 

Why not combine the two options, so each syndicate still has a unique perk. For example, offer 1 T4 key (determined by the syndicate) plus 3 random keys for 20k? I think that is a bit more fair. 

I like the second option more, but I would also like the option for 4X T4 Keys of a guaranteed mission type, but at a higher cost. Say, 50K Standing? Or maybe 4X of a random selection of T4 Keys for 40K Standing. 

I think the issue most had with the guarantee of 4X T4 keys was the low cost. Getting 20 Keys a day seemed like a lot. The higher cost would alleviate that problem.

2nd choice is rather good, but adding an RNG + Price increase is unreasonable. Should be better if RNG + Reasonable price or a Fixed set of keys + 25k standing

Edited by Airnad

The ramifications of the initial access caused skews in progression/difficulty and the exposure of massive loops of 'perpetual motion' of earning/spending Standing.

I'm actually having a hard time understanding what this sentence means.

Most browser tend to help us search for the word instantly by highlighting the word you do not understand and select a search engine to check what the word means.

Most of DERebecca posts are too 'corporate/formal' which actually helps me on constructing my own sentences. It's a good learning experience :>

Both options are overpriced. I don't buy keys even with the current option, this just makes things worse.

Woah,

DE is suddenly and without warning warning deleting posts that express an opinion directly responding to a question that DE asked themselves? (I'm referring to the first post in this thread, which is still hilariously visible in the second post) This seems new and weirdly similar to another company I've heard of... Giving players a "choice" concerning a change to something no one had a problem with is insulting at best, and exploitative to their long term fan base at worst.

-Null Vote-

I think what she's referring to by "perpetual motion" is the situation where you buy five T4S keys for 5k rep, then get 5k+ rep from just one of those survivals, allowing you to buy another five, etc etc etc.

I'm not surprised to see key prices go up. What I am surprised about is that DE buffed rep gain by 10x and left the low key prices for months.  Now the community thinks it's normal that the most challenging and rewarding tier of keys should be the easiest to get.  That being said, I think the current method of getting T1-T3 keys is really cumbersome and annoying and now would be a great time to overhaul that system.

Most browser tend to help us search for the word instantly by highlighting the word you do not understand and select a search engine to check what the word means.

You don't even need special browsers for that. There's Google. But knowing the meaning of words is sometimes not enough to understand what someone means.

I think what she's referring to by "perpetual motion" is the situation where you buy five T4S keys for 5k rep, then get 5k+ rep from just one of those survivals, allowing you to buy another five, etc etc etc.

Yes, I think so too. I get what the general problem is. But "the ramifications of the initial access caused skews in progression/difficulty" still doesn't make a lot of sense to me, especially the "progression/difficulty" part. Seems like she's saying that being able to easily buy lots of T4 keys caused a progression/difficulty spike...? And then the rest of the sentence goes as you explained.

they were. There was no inherent mechanic being broken by their availability. Nothing was wrong, there is nothing to fix.

It was a way for players to skip(or change into a more efficient) grind for a single tier of keys, minus sabotage. You still need to grind those keys, you're still subjected to the RNG for the prime parts.

The whole 'oh endless mission types are better' thing is stupid because you still need to grind those non-endless types in order to get primes. On the other hand, non-endless missions were better if you're looking for ducats or credits, which many people do.

The cost was not too low because you can easily go 60 keys without getting what you're looking for, because the RNG is just that bad(on purpose, of course).

And I'm not going to entertain people that whine about the 'market' for keys being destroyed by syndicates.

I'm saying that it was too cheap for 5 keys. Anything other than capture, and you're able to make back your spent rep in those 5 missions. There has to be some sort of negative to buying the keys. I'm not supporting a 15x increase in price, no, but a positive feedback loop is bad business.

Option 2 is great, the fact

I'm not surprised to see key prices go up. What I am surprised about is that DE buffed rep gain by 10x and left the low key prices for months.  Now the community thinks it's normal that the most challenging and rewarding tier of keys should be the easiest to get.  That being said, I think the current method of getting T1-T3 keys is really cumbersome and annoying and now would be a great time to overhaul that system.

Agreed, the community is now used to thinking that rep standing should be the way to get your T4 keys.

Originally, T4 keys could only be earnt through interception. It wasn't rare but harder to get than they are now. Nowadays, as we can see with posts from the community people have 3 digit numbers of T4 keys.

T4 keys are now the most in abundance, more than any other tier, and most people can bypass T1-3 and go straight to T4 unless they have something to get from the lower tiers.

T4 isnt meant to be this common guys...

Now one thing I do agree with the community on this topic is that rep standing will again be a gimmick after this change. DE has to add some attractive features to rep now otherwise it will be forgotten.