May 1St: Hot Feedback Topics

[DE]Rebecca

i dont know if its the crappy notebook or bad connection but my bronco stucks in a reload loop quite a few times

will try it again after i go back to my home pc in few days and will report :)

Known bug, I think.

Can we get some ideas at how the frost prime will work ? Are the people who bought their frost screwed ? Did people waste their time farming their regular frost ? Is the reactor in current frosts going to be a waste now ? Like i asked in a previouse thread is this going to be a new thing ? Have evens that give better looking/versions of normal warframes making the time and money people spent on the reg versions they have a waste ?

Can we get some ideas at how the frost prime will work ? Are the people who bought their frost screwed ? Did people waste their time farming their regular frost ? Is the reactor in current frosts going to be a waste now ? Like i asked in a previouse thread is this going to be a new thing ? Have evens that give better looking/versions of normal warframes making the time and money people spent on the reg versions they have a waste ?

It's a prime, so probably it's same as excal prime - you get a new warframe with it's own mastery, additional polarity slot and maybe slightly better stats. No one is forcing you to throw your frost away, so... Nothing really wasted, unless you're a kind of person that can't bear using 'normal' version.

It's a prime, so probably it's same as excal prime - you get a new warframe with it's own mastery, additional polarity slot and maybe slightly better stats. No one is forcing you to throw your frost away, so... Nothing really wasted, unless you're a kind of person that can't bear using 'normal' version.

Has nothing to do with forcing never even mentioned it in my post.I'm saying that it's not going to go well with a lot of people that busted their rump getting reg frost and and even spending money on it, whether it be the warframe itself or the potato for it.And those people will also be hesitant on working/buying other warframes if latter on a better looking version or a stronger version will be available without warning.Making the one that they got not seem so worth the trouble. All that they have to do to make it fair (in my opinion) is give a slot for the prime so that people who bought theirs wouldn't have to remove their old version if they didn't have a slot same with people who made them . It's about not discouraging people to play the game, if people keep getting warframes then seeing the new one and having to make difficult decisions about removing an old one they worked for then they aren't having fun anymore. Sense usually a lot of people will want the one that looks cooler and/or performs better. Sorry if this is poorly worded bit tired, but this is the way I see it at least and I doubt I'm the only one.

Has nothing to do with forcing never even mentioned it in my post.I'm saying that it's not going to go well with a lot of people that busted their rump getting reg frost and and even spending money on it, whether it be the warframe itself or the potato for it.And those people will also be hesitant on working/buying other warframes if latter on a better looking version or a stronger version will be available without warning.Making the one that they got not seem so worth the trouble. All that they have to do to make it fair (in my opinion) is give a slot for the prime so that people who bought theirs wouldn't have to remove their old version if they didn't have a slot same with people who made them . It's about not discouraging people to play the game, if people keep getting warframes then seeing the new one and having to make difficult decisions about removing an old one they worked for then they aren't having fun anymore. Sense usually a lot of people will want the one that looks cooler and/or performs better. Sorry if this is poorly worded bit tired, but this is the way I see it at least and I doubt I'm the only one.

Well, what I ment is - it's not a waste. You still have your lovingly crafted and potatoed Frost, and DE only careless with severe nerfs in terms of balance, so the Prime won't be that much better. You shouldn't get all choked up about having to level another frame.

But I see your point now, and indeed, having a slot given to you along with this blueprint would make it much more valuable and easy on the people who didn't spend money on platinum to get slots jut because they can. Some people will want the prime, true, but if we keep it civil (unlike we did with Vandals), we can all jsut go on and enjoy the game with whichever warframe is handy.

Glad you see it through their eyes and if i came off as harsh i apologize.I just don't think that It'd be a problem since it will be a very rare thing so a slot space for it would be nice.I would not mind at all leveling it because yay mastery level but it would bring up hard decisions for people who have the old wareframe and not a spare for the new one.

That "new" warframe looks brilliant, can't help but wonder though, is it being worked on as the forementioned Ember/Blaze style genderswap for Ash or whatever Scott calls it? Or a completely new warframe? Either way I'll probably buy it anyway if that's the end product :P

1DntmSC.jpg

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, didn't read the 15 pages. And the warframe itself reminds me of Ibuki from Street Fighter :P

Edited by CapricaSix

I'm saying that it's not going to go well with a lot of people that busted their rump getting reg frost and and even spending money on it, whether it be the warframe itself or the potato for it.And those people will also be hesitant on working/buying other warframes if latter on a better looking version or a stronger version will be available without warning.

This might actually be problematic...

And I get GT's point about not limiting youself with a normal version,as more is always better.  But this would give pause to some people who might feel less motivated to get that one warframe they've always wanted to get (buy/farm), knowing there's a Prime version just over the horizon (I know I've got all Trinity, Volt and Rhino blueprints in the foundry forever now, and that does make me wonder about whether or not I should finally make them).

Then again, they did hint at new systems for crafting Prime versions of existing warframes that will be introduced with future updates that will also tie it all in with the lore... so, not knowing anything about these systems, we can really just wait and see.  

That "new" warframe looks brilliant, can't help but wonder though, is it being worked on as the forementioned Ember/Blaze style genderswap for Ash or whatever Scott calls it? Or a completely new warframe? Either way I'll probably buy it anyway if that's the end product :P

1DntmSC.jpg

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, didn't read the 15 pages. And the warframe itself reminds me of Ibuki from Street Fighter :P

Cap, you should know better than that old timer :3  Scott the Evil would never relent and give in to the idea of gender swap.  This is like Notso said the initial concept of Ash as came up by the art director, before it was changed to male.  

But wait, now you think about it... since they're coming up with these "Prime" warframe ideas (as in, it's not just a 1time founder Excal thing anymore), that does severely de-legitimize Scotty's (and whoever the other devs who are against gender swap) claim that the warframes are supposed to be unique individuals as opposed to suits of armor anyone can put on....  

I'm enjoying my Ash a lot though (my fav male frame, by far), so I say green light the skin/model swap!  Would buy that female Ash in a hurry, drop Nyx on the spot and never play another frame again!  (swear I'll split playtime between male and female Ash 50/50; guy's legitimately badass-looking).

Edited by Gestalt

Cap, you should know better than that old timer :3  Scott the Evil would never relent and give in to the idea of gender swap.  This is like Notso said the initial concept of Ash as came up by the art director, before it was changed to male.  

But wait, now you think about it... since they're coming up with these "Prime" warframe ideas (as in, it's not just a 1time founder Excal thing anymore), that does severely de-legitimize Scotty's (and whoever the other devs who are against gender swap) claim that the warframes are supposed to be unique individuals as opposed to suits of armor anyone can put on....  

I'm enjoying my Ash a lot though (my fav male frame, by far), so I say green light the skin/model swap!  Would buy that female Ash in a hurry, drop Nyx on the spot and never play another frame again!  (swear I'll split playtime between male and female Ash 50/50; guy's legitimately badass-looking).

Ah well that's a shame then, it looked much better than the current Ash, but that's just my opinion. Although in the livestream they did sound very positive towards the idea such as "Ember/Blaze" instead of "fem Ember/male Ember", but Evil Scott said it's "not exactly genderswap" while hinting that he also approved of that, that's what I was referring to.

I think Steve talked a bit about that in the past, about Warframes being suits and not individuals, he said that we're Tenno and Warframes are our "outfits" -so to speak-. Can't really find the thread where he said it but it's there somewhere in one of those dodgy genderswap/lore threads where people go to fight each other :P {I think someone was asking if we're playing characters like LoL heroes or just ourselves, and he confirmed the latter.}

Edited by CapricaSix

yeap seems when fps or lag from internet connection bronco bugs at a reload loop

taken also from wiki at  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Bronco

Some have experienced bugs with this weapon's reloading. Try and stop pressing the sprint button while you reload. For some reason if you reload and sprint at the same time you might have some problems with fast reloading weapons. NOTE: This reloading glitch is also caused by game lag and low framerates, and can become so troublesome you can stand in place and it will constantly do the reload animation indefinitely or until lag improves. It is not recommended to use this weapon if you have latency or framerate issues as this may cause the weapon to become near useless in combat.

I really hope this whole practice of introducing "Prime" versions of existing Frames and weapons doesn't go any further than it has already because it diminishes the time and effort (and in some cases $cash) that players have put into the "Regular" version. Many players have pointed this out in this thread and several others. Same thing with the "Vandal" series - let it stop before it goes any further. Many players are disappoint at farming and crafting the non-prime non vandal versions when suddenly and with no warning a perceived improved version comes out.

These players are much less likely to make future purchases or continue spending effort into something that might suddenly be obsolete or less desirable. Obsolete sometimes even before the item is done crafting!

I realize that creating a new skin or colors for existing weapons and frames saves time for the Devs, who are hard-pressed already to create new content. Its much easier to just re-skin a weapon or frame and bump a few stats than create and conceptualize a whole new one - I get that. It's okay to use it as a time-saving device once or twice because of the easy short-term benefits, but in the long-term such practices are going to hurt more than they help, if allowed to continue.