May 1St: Hot Feedback Topics

[DE]Rebecca

Gorgon working as intended? it will be unbalanced compared to hek.. i'm sorry if it sounds rude but.. are you testing the weapons? It's a question adressed to the persons who are "balancing" the weapons

HOT TOPIC

We’ve teased a few things like a new Warframe, [...]

My first thought reading the thread topic. -_-

So... girl Ash? :3

Serious question:  I know everyone's coming down from the Glaive alert high, and nobody's going to be whining about the alert system for a while (except those who missed it maybe), but is there any way you can shed some light on the devs' current stance on alerts?  of course, the fact that the credit-only alerts are very profitable is a super welcoming change, and making all alerts worth doing.  But, how about the alert system as a whole?  Are there still plans to tweak it?  Or is it pretty low on the priorities list?

Also: Mynki can has Drifter's cat frame made in game??

Edited by Gestalt

I for one would like to say THANK YOU for the Glaive!  *dodges hail of rocks*
obviously it didnt go quite as intended but i quess we can all take it as a learning experience!

and a huge space ninja THANKS to everyone at DE for all the hard work, feedback, transparency, new ideas and everything You have done in general

Something that we all might lose track of sometimes is that it is the things that we love and are most passionate about that can cause the most arguments!

The simple fact that there has been such an outpouring of negative [and positive] feedback lately should show You guys at DE that You are doing a fantastic job with this game!
If no one cared one way or the other, thats when You get worried! :)

So take all our rants and comments with a HUGE grain of himalayan pink salt, smile! , pat Yourselves on the back, and keep up the good work!

thanks!  Z

Fix mods Focus,Reach,Continuity, for few warframes i tested these mods do nothing(no clue about other warframes), same duration with or without, showing same damage also, for reach its hard to test but i dont think this mod work also, i not feel difference.

Remake embers useless skills like overheat and world on fire, they do same with different animation, 2nd have 2 sec duration and lower damage then overheat, overheat should give something different not defense, its useles, u are dead at so close range in one hit, can be used only in very low lvl maps . Mods i tell before not work for ember.

A sentiment I anticipated. Our Designer's words. Provided constructive feedback follows, I can present a new case for the Gorgon.

A simple case to be made.

Given the new effective operational range of the Gorgon due to its high, inaccurate, spread; its, relatively, low damage and secondary factors such as the spool-up speed; it simply becomes a second fiddle to the Grakata. At which point, one will simply prefer to go with the Grakata...which is somewhat, ironically, more accurate than the Gorgon by now.

[Personally, I feel both weapons are ineffective metal-heap scraps, in terms of ammo used/hits/kills per cartridge; at best only useful at the low end upto the level20s or so; but that's my personal view.]

There are literally no words to summarize the reaction we had when that popped up on the Twitter feed.

RNG lords love today!

Brace for the in-coming hate-tsunami when those who were not available for one reason or another during it (or those who "missed it" due to twitter lagging behind in posting it by roughly 15 minutes, thinking they made it in the nick of time and yet got cheated out of it ) will find out.

Remain strong! ;)

Edited by OriKlein

I wish to see engineer warframe, i always play engineer class in other games BUT later, for first all we need is more content to play with!

And dont make new weapons till u not fixed /improved old melee weapons, no one using them, old daggers and swords, they should have some unique ability for right situation or something.

Dear DERebecca

Really appreciate all the work you guys have been doing so far.

It is really how the world works. No matter what you do, it is not possible to please everyone.

Therefore, please do not be dishearten by destructive critics. Instead, focus on constructive ideas/feedback and keep working on what you believe in.

Thank you for the great game and excellent respond time, there will be ups and downs, but I truly believe in the teams' ability to make this one of the best game this century.

Go Warframe go!

Cheers

Adalonie

Please provide succinct and constructive feedback if you think we need to add to this list for this week.

I am liking this new format. I was going to suggest or do a weekly round up thread similiar to this but it looks like I have underestimated your mind reading power so sorry about that. You and Lotus are slowly becoming one.

I would maybe suggest adding a community section. To highlight some cool threads but thats just my opinion.

Rebecca, this thread is a great idea and much appreciated...so important for communication. 'Twas nice of you.

Anyways, keep in mind the Boar needs a buff much more than the Hek...it was already underpowered before, so now its even worse compared to the other two shotguns, when it should be a sidegrade.

@DERebecca Keep it up!

Thank you for this update. The knowledge that you all are looking at worrisome things makes me very happy. The Gorgon, Ember's 4th ability, etc...

I love the Glaive. Is it perfect? No. It needs a bit more work along with everything else. But NOTHING for me compares to throwing it into a gaggle of Infested and watching the carnage. My Banshee LOVES the weapon.

To all at DE:

Keep up the good work. I LOVE this game and will continue to support it!

Hi DERebecca,

Any chance we can put this on the list : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37044-matchmaking-constantly-freezing/?p=353105

I believe there are a few more topics about the problem too.

I can only play solo, it is getting very lonely :)

nvm, seems to be working now :)

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

This is a wonderful idea. The thread, the subforum, everything.

Thank you for all of the responses and hard work, Rebecca and the entire team!

You'd be surprised how meaningful even the smallest notes of "Yeah, we know. Wait a while, please!" can matter, especially when threads after threads are going crazy about the same subjects.

I hope you keep this way of communication alive! I love it.

It feels good to be heard.

Thank you, Rebecca. 

As for constructive feedback on Gorgon, having limited versatility was a fresh thing indeed. My personal preference of all the suggestions is the spindown time to limit ability to use it as a semiauto fast enough to make it comparable to latron.

By the way Rebecca, you're the community manager with the best PR ideas I have seen. If Bioware had someone like you when all their debacles happened, a lot could have been avoided.

--

I hope I'm not jinxing it, and in the future Rebecca will just appear on the threads and

END OF LINE

THE LIST:

5) Vandal Series Weapons!?

They are exclusive. Lobbying is not encouraged.

Please provide succinct and constructive feedback if you think we need to add to this list for this week.

Thanks!

That almost sound like you're telling the community to shut up and never ask it again...

I feel the proper thing to do at this point if the devs feel the weapon is good 'as is' is to lower the mastery rank required to get it. I assume that's what the ranking system is for, no? Higher ranks mean better overall (though not necessarily overpowered) weapons/warframes.

Speaking of which (and I don't think this has been covered in a livestream) will we be seeing new ranked items so that there is a reason to grind out weapon/warframe levels? Nothing specific, mind, but I'd like to know if I can bother leveling up stuff right now (even if I won't use it) or I can just coast for awhile.

Edit: Also I'm noticing several bugs (some I've mentioned to yourself personally) that have been in game for.. well, quite awhile. Some are minor while others have a noted effect on gameplay. The link which you provided for 'common problems' don't list any of them but I have to figure they're still pretty 'common'.

I will ask your question about ranked items.

As for missing bugs, this list isn't all inclusive, it's more or less the common ones from this week. The link I passed along may need to be updated. Will chase that down!

2. What's with the shockwave MOA's color fiasco ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The Shockwave Moa will soon be Orange again, it is a bug.

That almost sound like you're telling the community to shut up and never ask it again...

The problem is the lobbying threads turn ugly fast. They result in personal attacks toward players.

They probably are annoyed by some of us bringing it up times and again, but that's only because the situation *is* highly annoying, at least for those who didn't get one... Every time I look at my weapon collection it feels incomplete because the best all purpose assault rifle is missing and it appears I won't ever get it because some people are adamant they just deserve it more, too bad for me I guess.

edit: also, for some more constructive feedback, I'd like to say that I really appreciate the work going into this game right now. The glaive especially, it's obvious this one got was a whole lot more work then "just another gun" would have been, and it's style and overall feel are pretty awesome I think. It could probably use some more tweaking (I personally think it should pierce by default to stand up to melee aoe weapons for example) but it's pretty damn cool already.

Edited by Korevas