May 1St: Hot Feedback Topics

[DE]Rebecca

It's refreshing seeing a development team that shows this much interest in the community. I'm gonna see about upping my founders if I get the money before it ends.

This has given me an idea/question

Will their be a set date a month or something in advance before Foudners ends?

is it just just that combat engineer warframe or more?

Supposedly there is something going to happen for Ember as well that involves "Blaze" in the not too distant future. If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say that could be the first skin choice for a whole warframe, maybe even gender choice for this one, since I think they happen to have the male version of ember floating around anyway...

A sentiment I anticipated. Our Designer's words. Provided constructive feedback follows, I can present a new case for the Gorgon.

I think many of us would have preffered, and understood if the nerf was implemented via recoil. This would make successive follow up single shots significantly less accurate, without making the gun impossible to use at range. The gun would still shine as a boss burner up close, but not suffer from the "my teamates killed the enemy before wind-up even started" issue that gorgon users face now.

THE LIST:

1) Hek and Gorgon Balance Outrage.

Hek will be buffed next Update. Gorgon is now working as intended.

2) Where is Optional Reset?

We are still working on it, please be patient.

3) Ash Shuriken Sucks!

Will be improved!

1) yay +1 maybe a increased range intill damage falls off?

2) i would suggest the bullets not shooting until after the spin up, which would fix gorgon sniping or really reduce the effectiveness. 

3) glad its getting improved it was kinda eh for his skill set +1

This board/system is a great idea.

To the Vandal people: I wouldn't take this as a definitive "Shut up, we are/aren't doing X". DE is probably acutely aware of both sides of the argument, so at this point the only thing that additional threads do is spark up the same old arguments and insults. I can almost promise that you making yet another thread on the subject is not going to be critical factor in their decision.

Edited by Thor

When was the Gorgon introduced again? Just now, after a damage nerf and now being unable to hit anything it's working as intended? Wut.

Honestly, the Boar deserves a buff more than the Hek and the Gorgon deserved a nerf. So does the Snipetron. And the Burston. And the Latron. And the Afuris. And melee overall.

Report:

50000 credits on the Gorgon

1 Control Module, 1 Gallium, 1 Morphics, 1 Orokin Cell, 25000 creditis and 1 day of wait on the potato

Profit: -1 of each rare resource, -75000 creditis and -1 day.

I feel your designer needs to spend more time reading suggestions on the foruns. Just sayin'.

The rest of this update is very welcome, thank you :D

Edited by LukEduBR

Please provide succinct and constructive feedback if you think we need to add to this list for this week.

Thanks!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35780-glaive-overall-usefullness-when-compared-to-the-other-melee-weapons/

That is not only a hot feedback topic. It's a HOT (as in i has the HOT icon next to it), is in a feedback forum, and is also a topic.

Any news on this? Can i get a confirmation that there's anyone even bothered with the current state the Glaive is in and if it needs further tweaking on its balance and mechanics or not?

There has been too much talk about how to get the glaive and too much drama about it. But there has been almost no talk anywhere else but on that thread about the Glaive itself.

I would love if the balancing team would take a look at that thread.

PS: To everyone else, up-vote this post if you agree. Downvote without quoting this post, and explaining the vote, if you agree as well.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

really wish the Aklato fire rate will be buffed again

The akimbo fire rate seems to be bugged out, in relation to latency. In games where I am hosting/playing solo, or have an almost perfect connection with the host, my akboltos fire as they should. In games where my connection to the host is weaker than desired, I notice a SIGNIFICANT drop in akimbo fire rate. So slow in fact, that it at times, fires even slower than using a single pistol.

And dont make new weapons till u not fixed /improved old melee weapons, no one using them, old daggers and swords, they should have some unique ability for right situation or something.

I wouldn't say DE should go that far to put off making all new weapons until they balance out the old ones; some people do like their new content you know? :p

But, agree 100% that the old 1hand daggers and swords are too similar and generally ineffective when compared to the multihit/2hander weapons.  Perhaps make them do higher single target damage?  Look at what's done with Fang: very specialized weapon; bonus damage against Grineer, reduced vs Infested.  Maybe there can be some tweaks in that direction for the old weapons.

This hasn't been mentioned in the OP yet, but I feel this needs attention for the next update. It's the new death animations (post-7.9.0) causing your character to do an attack as if the enemy is knocked down but is in fact already dead.

Multiple threads about it:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37364-prevent-triggering-pummel-attacks-on-dead-enemies-furax/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35682-melee-animation-bug/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37018-melee-ground-attack-on-dying-enemies/

The akimbo fire rate seems to be bugged out, in relation to latency. In games where I am hosting/playing solo, or have an almost perfect connection with the host, my akboltos fire as they should. In games where my connection to the host is weaker than desired, I notice a SIGNIFICANT drop in akimbo fire rate. So slow in fact, that it at times, fires even slower than using a single pistol.

not really in my case, i see significant fire rate drop even during solo.

if latency is really the reason, tapping the Braton for single shots should also lag, which is not the case, Braton is still same as before.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35780-glaive-overall-usefullness-when-compared-to-the-other-melee-weapons/

That is not only a hot feedback topic. It's a HOT (as in i has the HOT icon next to it), is in a feedback forum, and is also a topic.

Any news on this? Can i get a confirmation that there's anyone even bothered with the current state the Glaive is in and if it needs further tweaking on its balance and mechanics or not?

There has been too much talk about how to get the glaive and too much drama about it. But there has been almost no talk anywhere else but on that thread about the Glaive itself.

I would love if the balancing team would take a look at that thread.

PS: To everyone else, up-vote this post if you agree. Downvote without quoting this post, and explaining the vote, if you agree as well.

No one has talked about the glaive because 95% of people don't have it.

I believe this thread should warrant some attention:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37820-i-want-to-earn-something-not-get-it-by-luck/?hl=earn

I agree with many of the points posted in the thread such as rewards for landmark achievements (unlocking entire planets, rank mastery leveling, etc.) I also feel that there should be more rank specific weapons.

Also this thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/36538-critical-chance-mods-are-effectively-useless/

We don't know the base values of crits so it's hard to calculate damage. Crits are not efficient mods for damage. Some weapon types have very low crit chance mods i.e. melee.

Edited by Engelheim

Weekly updates, eh? Well, you've got your work cut out for you, DERebecca!

This thread is a good idea. A sorta "state of the community this week" post. Together with DE responses or conclusions inline, it could reduce the amount of runaway flames and repetitive demands / requests / questions that have already been answered but got lost in the threads. We all know that happens when a hot-button topic ignites. :P

Edited by Windbow

Why not have the Gorgan stay as is but add the fact that when you stand still, spray accuracy increases since your stablizing your footing!
Since your standing still, it makes you more accyrate at the expense of making you more of a target :D

The biggest issues were with the hek. Most people had no problems with the strun's new balance, especially since the new optimal range was the intended one.

That said, I think the balancing they used is global to normal shotguns (i.e., not bronco) so any changes to the hek will affect the others, unless they change the hek in ways that are unrelated to damage falloff.

I don't think that 10m as intended range for the Strun is really appropriate. 10m is practically nothing, and considering that the falloff reaches its maximum at 20m already I do think that the Strun as well took a heavy hit from this nerf.

I think the issue with the gorgon as it stands right now is that it's a gun that's difficult to get but just doesn't make up for that difficulty with effectiveness.

It basically does one thing well, and that's hosing down big bosses. For other targets, you might as well just use a braton or grakata, since they're almost as powerful but don't have the spinup issue and are generally more accurate overall. Before it could also work as a semi automatic sniper rifle if you were skilled with it, but that's gone. I can understand why from a game balance perspective, but when you've gotta get to rank 2 just to use the thing, and when your teammates will usually kill most enemies by the time you're spun up... It really has to have something going for it other than boss hunting. It really needs its accuracy to be better if it's going to compete with the other assault rifles. As it stands, it's like a boltor that only gets its full DPS after a second or two of shooting.

Maybe this is just symptomatic of the wider problem. There's not very many guns that are locked behind mastery levels at the moment, so you expect the ones that are (ie gorgon and hek) to be good enough to make up for the difficulty of getting them. In people's minds, they expect something that takes that much effort to get (ie grinding mastery then grinding a bunch of rare and expensive components, or buying quite a bit of plat then grinding mastery) to be better than the basic guns you can get a couple of hours into the game.

If it's going to take days or even weeks to get a gun, it should be noticeably better than one you can get practically right out of the gate, you know?

Hek used to be, but the damage fall off hit it particularly hard. Gorgon kinda used to be, but even before this most recent nerf, I was wondering why I'd use it instead of just sticking with my trusty braton.

No one has talked about the glaive because 95% of people don't have it.

While your figure is, to put it lightly, exagerated, that is a fair reason. But it only makes it all the more important, because once all those people get their hands on the Glaive and use it for some time they are bound to discover what other Glaive users on the thread i linked found out. 

The Glaive is simply a fun toy to play with. It has no use as a strong base melee weapon. Sure you can make it work wonders, but if you are so skilled that you can make the Glaive sing, then you'd definatly be better of using the other well estabilished melee weapons.

And i'm pretty sure that this isn't what the devs had in mind for the Glaive, for it to be a rich people's toy that underperforms on the hands of the average player when compared to other estabilshed weapons

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

I edited my post with a suggestion...

Let it be known that as the Gorgon is now I have zero desire to ever use it again, and I even put a potato in it.

Your gorgon got krysae'd!

No matter where you run bacon.....there is no escape from the nerfhammer.