May 1St: Hot Feedback Topics

[DE]Rebecca

my gorgon was maxed and potato'd before the nerf. I have played with it both before and after the nerf and the only thing it now lacks is the ability to have dead-on accuracy on the first 1-2 bullets. it was never intended to be a semi-auto sniper. period. It's fine as it is now and i still use it regularly. It, like the hek was never intended to be used as a sniper-weapon.

I've seen plenty of complaints about the gorgon not being a higher ammo capacity latron anymore. My advice is to get over it and get a latron. =)

By the way, why are you shooting ancients in the head? Look for the weakpoint on their knees!

I think the energy system is fine as-is, if you feel you don't have enough energy for the 'caster' type frames you may benefit from utilizing streamline and flow mods which reduce the energy cost of abilities and increase your maximum energy pool respectively.

All frames and their abilities can be used strategicly to gain an edge in combat, it's up to you to figure out how best to utilize them. Ember, frost, nyx, and mag all really shine in defense missions. Loki, Saryn, and Ash can also be used to your advantage in defense missions but also really shine on solo and stealth runs. Trinity and Rhino both shine the most in boss-fights and others like excalibur and volt are great all-around frames that are highly versatile. I can't speak for banshee as I still haven't found the chassis to make one- but all in all it's up to you to figure out what you find most useful about a frame and it's abilities and capitalize on it's strengths.

Banshee really shines in defense missions (less good against Grinneer, but shines against Corpus and utterly devastating against infested) since Sound Quake is SERIOUSLY powerful. With Focus and Continuity mods in, it becomes utterly insane. I have dropped most of a wave all by myself on Xini more than once.

Sonar rocks as a support power. If you see a yellow glowy part of a big baddie, SHOOT IT! Does @400% damage :D

Silence is situational. People say it sucks, but then again, usually half the groups I play with, no one even TRIES to do stealth. And those who do try to sneak? 'Oh, you slow man, I ran to the end -ignoring all cameras and enemies that are now grouped to block YOU- and now am extracting with my bud. **** you!' So I only use silence if I am running with clanmates.

Sonic boom is my panic button. Oh ****, here come bunch of infested and I don't have power for Sound Quake! BOOM! They go bye bye! Knockback for the win!

Edited by Kalenath

Please tell me you're going to be addressing this matchmaking bug (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37959-objective-complete-after-wave-5/) sometime soon. I've also noticed that it takes much longer for people to join games. In addition to that, I've found after I've hacked a console and grabbed the package (first of four... or even fifth of eight) I no longer see people joining my game at all.

Edited by Naith

I think they should buff the gorgon's accuracy. Not first burst accuracy mind you, you're not supposed to be bursting with a heavy machinegun. Increase the full auto accuracy to encourage sustained fire. This differentiates it from every other weapon in the game and gives it its own flavor. Currently the thing is barely a gun, it's a glorified chainsaw. Therein lies the fundamental problem with this design direction: those of us who decided to run with a rifle expect a gun that works at least out to medium range, and for a minigun we expect to be able to sustain full auto without it being a total waste of time and ammo. Right now it's completely useless outside of shotgun range, which then begs the question of why the hek I'd take one over a real shotgun. Unloading full auto is literally less accurate than an actual shotgun, but firing in tiny bursts destroys the concept of the weapon. Something is very wrong when I can unload the entire clip from a boltor without ever letting up the trigger while with the gorgon I'm shooting like it's a burston and it still can't hit anything.

If this was the intended design direction I'd rather they just stop pretending and have it take shotgun mods and ammo.

my gorgon was maxed and potato'd before the nerf. I have played with it both before and after the nerf and the only thing it now lacks is the ability to have dead-on accuracy on the first 1-2 bullets. it was never intended to be a semi-auto sniper. period. It's fine as it is now and i still use it regularly. It, like the hek was never intended to be used as a sniper-weapon.

I've seen plenty of complaints about the gorgon not being a higher ammo capacity latron anymore. My advice is to get over it and get a latron. =)

By the way, why are you shooting ancients in the head? Look for the weakpoint on their knees!

It was never intended to be a semi-auto sniper, I can agree with that, but there was absolutely no reason to reduce its overall accuracy.

It would have been enough to just make the first shots less accurate as the accuracy in full auto was completely fine before the patch.

The Gorgon isn't more accurate than a Strun right now, which is quite ridiculous imo. At 30m you can literally empty your whole magazine without even scoring a single hit.

The Gorgon as it is now is nowhere near "fine".

With the Hek couldnt they return the distance with a drop in damage and wider spread ?

Gorgon - couldnt they keep single shot accuracy but give it a crazy recoil on auto ?

Edited by __J_D__

Well its good to have feedback about our feedback, i'm still sad for the gorgon who was my main weapon , as a solo player it was great to have a crowd -contrôl weapon, since now it almost only hit on my Gram range, i guess i'll just stop using non melee weapon. 

I'm waiting tomorow patch with fear & exitement.

People who say "hurr durr it was a better latron" have no idea what they are taling about. Nobody cares about the single shot accuracy. It's all about crazy auto-fire spread that makes the gun terrible.

Edited by 3XT3RM1NATUS

Gorgon - couldnt they keep single shot accuracy but give it a crazy recoil on auto ?

I like the suggestion.

Instead of nerfing accuracy (by adding bullet spread) they should have just added more recoil to gorgon (like the one in "grakata"). Players would than have to learn to control the recoil:the more skill you have, the better the weapon works etc.

Edited by Strac_CRO

I like the suggestion.

Instead of nerfing accuracy (by adding bullet spread) they should have just added more recoil to gorgon (like the one in "grakata"). Players would than have to learn to control the recoil:the more skill you have, the better the weapon works etc.

This is actually a great idea. Much better than random bullet spread.

snip

Gorgon as it is now is way too inaccurate. Or weak for said inaccuracy, since emptying out clip after clip at a crowd to do some 'crowd control' isn't exactly cutting it. Letting it's first shot to be a half-damage and twice as slow Latron would allow for a certain degree of versatility, same as latron can be used to empty out mag after mag quickly. Would be quite handy against those pesky cameras and boxes.

I think the energy system is fine as-is, if you feel you don't have enough energy for the 'caster' type frames you may benefit from utilizing streamline and flow mods which reduce the energy cost of abilities and increase your maximum energy pool respectively.

All frames and their abilities can be used strategicly to gain an edge in combat, it's up to you to figure out how best to utilize them. Ember, frost, nyx, and mag all really shine in defense missions. Loki, Saryn, and Ash can also be used to your advantage in defense missions but also really shine on solo and stealth runs. Trinity and Rhino both shine the most in boss-fights and others like excalibur and volt are great all-around frames that are highly versatile. I can't speak for banshee as I still haven't found the chassis to make one- but all in all it's up to you to figure out what you find most useful about a frame and it's abilities and capitalize on it's strengths.

You mean a caster warfram should be enjoyable when maxed streamlined/flowed/Powered/Reached/durationed ?

All of the warframes (not only casters) should use their abilities more. And without any mod. No player shoul dwait to have a level 30 warframe with maxed mods with a potato to be able to feel like a caster. Even Ember a level 30 with a potato and good streamline, duration, flow and reach feels like an "okayish" catser.

She should put the world in flames. In Flames ! Not just some week-end BBQ.

The energy system puts a big incentive on being conservative with your energy, even with good mods.

Edited by vieuxchat

wtf!!!

I just played a alert mission!

I found a Fusion Core RARE 5 !

Then it came host migration and when it ended I got really low bonus and all. I checked inventory and I DON'T HAVE THE FUSION CORE.

What the F*** is this BULLS#&$!?

wtf!!!

I just played a alert mission!

I found a Fusion Core RARE 5 !

Then it came host migration and when it ended I got really low bonus and all. I checked inventory and I DON'T HAVE THE FUSION CORE.

What the F*** is this BULLS#&$!?

2 uncommon 5 are better than rare 5 don't worry

how can that be when 4 random common equals 2 common of same

4random rare equals 2 uncommon of same

8 random rare equals 4 rare of same

10 random rare equals 5 rare of the same abillity

how can a 5rare fusion be less then 2 random uncommon abillities?

how can that be when 4 random common equals 2 common of same

4random rare equals 2 uncommon of same

8 random rare equals 4 rare of same

10 random rare equals 5 rare of the same abillity

how can a 5rare fusion be less then 2 random uncommon abillities?

dunno about the others, take a look if you don't believe me

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4624/sweetd.jpg

Edited by Hatr

Gorgon feedback as requested by DERebecca:

The nerf to the Gorgon has had the unfortunate affect of making it extremely un-fun to use, because the shot-cone, even when firing single shots whilst crouching, is so extremely wide that even enemies a dozen meters away can be missed. I understand that it was too powerful before, but it felt like a fun and interesting weapon - real machineguns are very accurate on the first shot, due to their long, heavy barrels - just like the Gorgon was. So one felt like a "pro" using it correctly.

Now, I feel like I'm playing Half-Life in 1998, and using the MP5 - the extremely wide and random shot-cone is quite similar, except it is worse for the Gorgon. Standing still, crouching don't seem to reduce it at all, and I feel like my bullets are just going in random directions, not being affected by powerful recoil or the like - as even the first bullet, pre-recoil, deflects wildly!

So I would prefer that the nerf be redirected to damage, rather than making the gun miss even when it's being fired single shot. I feels like something from a much lower-quality game, or an older one (in a bad way), in the way it operates right now.

THE LIST:

1) Hek and Gorgon Balance Outrage.

Hek will be buffed next Update. Gorgon is now working as intended.

2) Where is Optional Reset?

We are still working on it, please be patient.

3) Ash Shuriken Sucks!

Will be improved!

4) Ember's fourth ability sucks!

This has been reported with emphasis to Dev Team, will be reviewed.

5) Vandal Series Weapons!?

They are exclusive. Lobbying is not encouraged.

6) The Glaive!

See here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37271-looking-back-learning-from-the-glaive/

7) Mag's Crush!

It is indeed bugged, we are fixing.

8) What is next for Warframe?

We’ve teased a few things like a new Warframe, new Orokin inspired Level Sets, Dojo building with clans… stay tuned for more!

9) Got a common bug?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/31592-work-in-progress-bugs/

Please provide succinct and constructive feedback if you think we need to add to this list for this week.

Thanks!

is that a new ash female? or same Ash but female version?

I can't believe that DE is going to go back and make the Hek better again and that the Gorgon being useless is 'as intended'.

There's nothing I couldn't do better with a boltor at this point.

The Gorgon is one thing, but a rank 4 shotgun who's whole point is being effect at mid range should be effective at mid range. It's current state makes it worthless, and the Strun the better option.

Please tell me you're going to be addressing this matchmaking bug (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37959-objective-complete-after-wave-5/) sometime soon. I've also noticed that it takes much longer for people to join games. In addition to that, I've found after I've hacked a console and grabbed the package (first of four... or even fifth of eight) I no longer see people joining my game at all.

This is currently by design as not to facilitate "reward stealing".

There have been improvements with this (a recent update involving Banshee's soundquake). Will request further review.

I can't believe that DE is going to go back and make the Hek better again and that the Gorgon being useless is 'as intended'.

There's nothing I couldn't do better with a boltor at this point.

I am not a designer, and the designers have heard the remarks since the change. Continuing to gather feedback, but know their stance is as intended.