May 1St: Hot Feedback Topics

[DE]Rebecca

This is currently by design as not to facilitate "reward stealing".

Right but you'll notice it's EXCEPTIONALLY counter-productive and unfair towards normal players. It punishes those who aren't looking to use the loophole. You can't leave it as it is as it completely ruins games when people leave at Wave 5/10 and it ruins sabotage etc.. games.

This feature definitely cannot stay as it is, really needs to change. Maybe add a cool down timer on defence missions for those who leave but it's ridiculous and ruins gameplay for the others left behind and who need additional aid. I don't understand how it can be classed as functioning correctly when it downright affects legit players negatively. 

Unless you were only referring to sabotage etc... and not waves (which hopefully means the ability to join after wave 5+ is being reconsidered...), then there should be something for sabotage as well, maybe after the second package people cannot join. Not being able to join after someone has collected the first is too small a time frame for people to join.

Edited by Naith

This hasn't been mentioned in the OP yet, but I feel this needs attention for the next update. It's the new death animations (post-7.9.0) causing your character to do an attack as if the enemy is knocked down but is in fact already dead.

Multiple threads about it:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37364-prevent-triggering-pummel-attacks-on-dead-enemies-furax/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35682-melee-animation-bug/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37018-melee-ground-attack-on-dying-enemies/

Two more threads I found about it:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38471-i-seem-to-be-stabbing-the-ground-a-lot/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35891-melee-animations-are-worse-off-since-79/

This is great DE, the community has been really needing something like this for awhile. Now to keep the momentum going!

Do you have anything to say on the Ankyros? Nearly no one has it actively equipped in their preferred loadouts, judging from general opinion in the game and forums. As it is now, I'm having it on the bench until I learn what role its supposed to play among all the melee weapons around it/buffed, because I don't think anyone wants to be slide uppercutting all day. 

Also, DERebecca should get some forum mods recruited sooner or later. A single individual won't be enough to cover all the anger and confusion the forums can generate sometimes.

Totally agree that some forum mods would really help keep the peace!

With the current Founders Program ongoing with an unannounced end date, we have no details on future plans.

Does this include the fact that some like myself can't buy them?? Is there any plans for us to be able to give you money or not? I registered on your website first then downloaded the game through steam and now I can't pay from your website and steam doesn't offer me the option to use my steam wallet, onto which I've put 50€ for nothing so far, so ya founder's pack already cost me 50€ and I got nothing out of it.

Does this include the fact that some like myself can't buy them?? Is there any plans for us to be able to give you money or not? I registered on your website first then downloaded the game through steam and now I can't pay from your website and steam doesn't offer me the option to use my steam wallet, onto which I've put 50€ for nothing so far, so ya founder's pack already cost me 50€ and I got nothing out of it.

Try and file a support ticket on your issue of being unable to purchase a founder's package through the website.

Back to topic: Will this be a (bi-)weekly or monthly wrap-up? Either  way, it's nice to see a concise wrap-up on what is on the list of your concerns.

I'm honestly not too surprised about the Gorgon, because having a powerful, high rate of fire gun with 100% perfect accuracy makes the vast majority of other guns redundant. Grakata is a perfect example of a useless gun, because it has lower damage than Gorgon, and before the nerf, it's had no advantage over the gorgon whatsoever.

In order to leave room for improvements among higher rank weapons, we need to have everything balanced out.

HEK is meant to be a long range shotgun, it's also the highest rank weapon available, and as such it shouldn't be out performed by lesser shotguns due to the falloff range. I can see them increase the range before fall off takes effect from 10m to 15m, or 20m now (which wouldn't let you snipe with it still, it'd just become more effective at mid range).

Glad to see DE is taking our feedback seriously instead of brushing our concerns aside. :) Proud to be a founder, this awesome team deserves every bit of it.

I can't believe that DE is going to go back and make the Hek better again and that the Gorgon being useless is 'as intended'.

There's nothing I couldn't do better with a boltor at this point.

Seriously can you not call for more nerfs? Are you trying to get them to ruin every gun that actually still can kill something higher than level 20?

Furyoushounen, on 02 May 2013 - 3:16 PM, said:

Seriously can you not call for more nerfs? Are you trying to get them to ruin every gun that actually still can kill something higher than level 20?

What nerf? I'm not even asking them to keep the Hek nerf. I'm just asking them to fix the Gorgon.

I guess I'll throw up my drop rate fix hot topic here, as the common/uncommon rates are horribly lopsided, with certain mods appearing too much and others never appearing

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/33935-suggestion-please-look-into-the-drop-rates-of-certain-mods/page-3#entry350117

@ArsVampyre Agreed, I didn't see you ask for a nerf either *confused*

Edited by cyrus106

Glad to see this communication, Rebecca!  Thanks!

Only two things I'd personally like to see added to the list:

1. Strun definitely is a lot weaker now, even at close range.  Takes absolutely forever to kill an Ancient with it on Xini defense, even with an invincible Mag!

2. Aklato fire rate.  The Aklato now usually fires at the same rate as a Lato, only sometimes getting an extra shot off. :(