The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Sparring Weapon

3-edge

Too lazy to get a picture, but to paint a picture for you with words (for those not knowing what these are) both Beowolf and Gilgamesh in the Devil May Cry series (in 3 and 4 respectively) are gauntlet + greaves weaponry which are for hand to hand type combat.  The noted difference in appearance style between those and our current sparring weaponry, Kogake and Obex, would be that the DMC ones cover the entire hand, as well as extending up onto the forearm with the leg ones either being full boots or more shin covering styled guards.

The issue here, in my mind, is the amount of clipping which would occur with something of this style.  I really love those weapons in Devil May Cry 3 & 4, but I don't necessarily think full gauntlet stuff would be as possible here due to the physical differences between frame look/body types.

I'm all for more statistical variety in sparring weapons, they're my overall favorite melee "grip" with my favorite stance being Grim Fury amongst the current two.  But I'm personally doubtful that something like them would be implemented in terms of aesthetics.

On the flip-side however, having another stance that goes more in line with how these weapons attacked in DMC 3 & 4 would be quite gnarly.  Straightforward hard hitting punches and kicks, basically a slow but powerful and mostly non-flashy style.

Edited by Bobtm