Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.9

DE_Adam

well, now we know what DE has used to surpass their t4 key - syndicate BS: by punishing people who actually have a life or a properly functioning body and occasionally need to visit the loo.

DE, I've played warframe for quite a while, I've pretty much liked it enough to keep playing, but do you want players to quit and abandon WF or something? Because it sure as hell looks like it.

Still not a very good idea.

Can you elaborate on the "This timer only matters relative to when the mission is completed" quote of yours? I'm still confused on that matter.

Although your still gonna have a lot of annoyed players, myself included.

It means the last 60 seconds of a mission

Changes:

• Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.  This timer only matters relative to when the mission is completed. It isn't a 'catch all' net for 100% of the mission.
  •  

This is the best part of this update. I am so sick of people on Sechura just coming in and after about 10 waves just AFKing or not reviving if they die and just hanging around for the rewards. I played with a couple people a few weeks ago that had the low level guy die and not revive on purpose so that they could level him up while he AFK'd and the rest of us had to pick up the slack.

I wish they would expand it to people waiting at the end before the mission is complete, I see this a lot on outdoor exterminate missions. I have had that happen before also where one or 2 people just search for the exit and camp there and wait for us to do the rest. I especially hate that on Survival missions where we all agree to stay for X amount of time and then one or 2 people disappear and go camp the exit.

Edited by drft240

To anyone mad about the AFK thing, look at Rebecca's latest reply. It doesnt effect timed rewards, it affects stuff like blueprints or specter BPs from rescue missions.

tried the afk with a friend if do not use mouse or keybord during 1 min or more you will never received any end reward what ever you do after this minute.

A few to hard no ?

Is it possible to extend it ( 3 min for exemple) get a vote ?

Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

Do you really not have a qa/qc person in DE? The problems that comes from this feature is so jarring that I don't even know how anyone can think that's a good idea.

1. You want people to pee their pants during those long a** missions.

2. I can't even go grab a beer when my teammates cover me.

3. What if you are waiting out a lag spike?

4. Sometimes it takes longer than a minute to even load into the game.

5. What if you are you out of revive? Can you buy revive during the game?

6. What if you bug out? falling through map endlessly?

7. I can troll people for not reviving them?

Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

Pool 1) Survival, Defense, Interception, etc rewards are revealed during the mission and accumulate without penalty.

Pool 2) Exterminate, Sabotage, Capture, and essentially anything else that isn't endless have end-of-mission reward items (Blueprints from bosses, etc).

Pool 2 items are all that is affected by this change at this time.

Also 'what qualifies as AFK/Dead'?

This timer only matters relative to when the mission is completed. It isn't a 'catch all' net for 100% of the mission.

What about XP/Currency at the end of pool 1 missions?

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Since the update I got more problems with the Strict Nat.

My 2 friends and I could play together for several hours even with two of us having strict NAT. After the Update -> we would get always disconnected at the launch of the mission from our host.

UPNP is activated, the router is brandnew with up to date software. 

What a change is that??? If you're punishing players who ended revives you should then at least introduce an option to buy revives in game.

You are seriously telling me that if I die after 63 minutes of survival I'll lose all the rewards at 99%? Really guys, I'm sorry but what were you thinking??

I just had a friend leech the last 10 mins of a 15mins survival and he got everything I did at the end, except final mission credit. 

Pool 1) Survival, Defense, Interception, etc rewards are revealed during the mission and accumulate without penalty.

Pool 2) Exterminate, Sabotage, Capture, and essentially anything else that isn't endless have end-of-mission reward items (Blueprints from bosses, etc).

This timer only matters relative to when the mission is completed. It isn't a 'catch all' net for 100% of the mission.

Well, ok then, I guess that resolves most of my concerns.

Quoting and locking for visibility.

More clarifications:

1) What about stuff I pick up? Resources/etc?

Stuff you pick up is never affected by this disqualification. Stuff you pick up is not an 'end-of-mission' reward.

2) What if I go pee?

Consider the following:

- Start Exterminate mission, immediately go to bathroom for 59 seconds.

- Exterminate mission takes 59 seconds complete, your team did the work.

- Return to no End-of-mission reward because you were AFK whole time.

Consider the following:

- Start Exterminate mission, immediately go to bathroom for 60 seconds.

- Exterminate mission takes 10 minutes to complete, you came back and helped kill things.

- End-of-mission reward is yours, enjoy!

Edited by DERebecca
Added examples, more coming as needed