Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.9

DE_Adam

Seriously, WTF?

• Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

Imagine you're doing 40-minute survival or 40-wave defense, you need to do even a little break to make a tea or you could be disrupted by something or someone, while your fellow tenno will cover your back till you come.

I mean what was the point of implementing such a d!ckish move when there is auto disconnect already?

Why did you applied this to the death scenario i wouldn't even ask.

What can you do is at least increase the time period, but better remove it. Don't fix anything that's not broken, and you have a lot of broken things but it ain't one.

Edited by iWitcher

•  
  • Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.
  •  

Why?

That's pretty severe. One minute? There are hundreds of reasons why a player could be absent for a minute or more. 

At the very least, exclude this from endless missions. If I run 35 minutes, die at 37 and watch my squad extracted to 40, going unrewarded for my 37 minutes, i'm going to be pretty upset. 

You need to elaborate on this. The whole "you're not getting any rewards" was something i always thought of as a bug. You get nothing from this. Nothing. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Rather underwhelming update with a big negative note.

No changes to things that really need changes. No mention of the Natural Talent on Rotation C. No mention of mod XP being too high. No mention of the void keys drop table being plagued with nothing but, well, crap (like Natural Talent). No mention of the void drop tables being really bad as of late.

I really feel like we are starting 2015 with the wrong foot. 1 new weapon, 1 really bad removal and 1 only decent change, that's about it? D;

Will I be able to AFK when waiting for someone to finally reach the door to make it open? Because that happens really often when I use Volt, people get lost and I can't progress on the mission until they get there. Some times I wait for so long that I just grab my phone while I wait, because, you know, you can't do anything until someone else is there to open the door.

I barely have a reason to play with this update. D;

I don't like melee so I might not even bother with that staff (it looks like a rather weapon too). Guess I will start the research anyway.

Edited by Sorrow0110

• Fixed Kohm creating particle effects on Mirage’s clones when particle settings are not set to High in system settings.

Sure, you can't see the particle effects anymore, but the framerate drop as if they were being loaded is still there. Try again.

This is too harsh. I mean, my teammates have fought to the end and die in the last minute, we cannot run to extraction fast enough and they receive nothing? They fight for 39 minutes and die, for example, no revive left. Is that fair? Now we have to equip full revive all time?

Really????

[...]

[...]

Hmm, I like this change, but I would prefer to increase the time for at least 90 sec. For exclude that 1 little mistake in the end of a mission will take the deserved rewards away.

Edited by Feyangol

cool

not a big fan of this though, the afk i can see, but being dead?

THANK YOU DE!!!!!! TOOO MANY  TIMES!!!!

i've had lazy M.F's stay dead in my mission. I kept telling them just leave! you are not helping and others can join if you leave!

so yes IM happy. perhaps you do not like it because you where the one I was yelling at to leave?

This probably was not a good idea.  What if some one is out of revives and the team was not able to revive them before bleedout?  The concept of not giving rewards to AFKers is great, but this doesn't seem to be a good way to do it.   What happens if you have to use the restroom or something during a long mission like a survival or defense, do you get screwed out of the rewards?

Also, not to be ungrateful.. but I was honestly expecting more from this update.  Feels kind of weak considering how long its been since the previous update, even if there was the holidays in the middle. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

VERY interesting take on the bankicker bit... though I'm a little concerned about what might be considered "AFK" and what isn't - 'cause I'm picturing myself standing around in defense, having to run to pee while my allies have everything squarely secured, and missing out on the Soma Prime part I was after.

Spawning in half-dead is incredibly conservative, most guys I know spawned in entirely dead.

Atleast be honest ;-)

Hm, Is the "no awards for AFK" thing revokable if someone comes back? does it function correctly during solo missions [ paused? ]

Was going to ask this myself, since I AFK even when I end up soloing on invite only mode. It's a bad system that only takes one point of failure to screw a player.

It definitely shouldn't apply if you're the only member of the squad, period. Since it's not like I'm leeching off myself. :-P

Edited by Taranis49