Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.9

DE_Adam

THANK YOU DE!!!!!! TOOO MANY  TIMES!!!!

i've had lazy M.F's stay dead in my mission. I kept telling them just leave! you are not helping and others can join if you leave!

so yes IM happy. perhaps you do not like it because you where the one I was yelling at to leave?

you do realize that unless he died in the start of the mission is very likely anyone else can't join anyway?

Not getting rewards after being afk for just a minute is a great way to screw the rest of your team. Doorbell rings, I'm away for more then a minute, let's extract at the earliest chance I get since I won't get any rewards. So my team want's to go for 40 waves but I leave after 10 or 15 because I have nothing to play for anymore.

The AFK/Dead Punishment thing needs some clarification. If I AFK for 1 minute and then come back and play the mission, am I still disqualified? If I play survival and die at 28 and my squad extracts at 30, do I not get my rewards?

Love the revive bit, despite all the negaitve opinions. It's nice to see group play having the same rules as solo play, and it's nice to see the game not rewarding people for failing to extract with their loot. The AFK time is fine. As it reads you have to be un-AFK and alive within 60 seconds of extraction. The only reason that shouldn't happen is you are straight up dead, or AFK leeching.

You can still go AFK mid-mission for emergencies. Just tell your team not to extract until you get back. If your team is okay with you going AFK they should be fine to wait a sec (and you shoudln't be AFK mid-mission often enough for this to be a big deal anyway)

For those complaining about this one, yes, you should lose 30 minutes of loot if you die and fail to extract. Them's the rules solo, and they make sense. You are dead. You didn't bring the stuff you picked up back to your liset. Why it hasn't always worked this way is beyond me. Stop expecting to keep rewards from content that has clearly beaten you. No more free rides and that's just fine.

Sad to see Europa missions aren't fixed yet :/

And the AFK/death timer is a poor choice especially for endless missions and when players run out of revives at the end of a mission.

You're punishing players that don't play AND play the game.

DE_Adam, on 08 Jan 2015 - 3:39 PM, said:snapback.png

• Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

This is ridiculous! Just got through doing a 50 min T4 survival and whole team got no rewards! Noone was ever afk. And the death thing!? 50 min T4 Survival! Of course people dropped! This gonna make high level missions unplayable...

Warframe Changes:

• Added Melee Combo Counter to Excalibur’s Slash Dash

What exactly does this mean, some clarification would be great? Is it simply increasing the counter? Or is Slash Dash itself also considered a Melee Hit as it should be, meaning that it´s damage is also increased by the Combo Hit Counter?!

So what about lower ranked players who use all four revives and can't revive anymore? Are they now going to be punished because they played as long as they could? This really doesn't seem fair. What is fair is being booted from the match if you're afk for five minutes. That's more fair.

screw this AFK thing,  if you have ZERO kills, sure, you could be flagged as afk and not given rewards since that's pretty exploity, but if you use X amount of powers, or deal X amount of damage, find X amount of loot, get X amount of kills etc (not require all of them, just one or more to be fulfilled), it should automatically flag you as not AFK, even if you have to duck out for part of the mission.

no way in hell am I going to do 99% of a mission, helping a lowbie, then need to go afk and be un able to force-extract since i'd get no rewards.

I haven't been playing WF especially long and just now got to the point where I have started running T4.  Having access to t4 keys for good prices was the best part as it meant I was able to play some of the top tier missions.   Had I known they were being removed I would have bought up some, and now seeing the alternative choices, I doubt I will continue playing.  This is absolutely ridiculous, both price and reward, and I am not gonna spend more money on a game that is nothing but a level grind now that these keys have been removed.

Why is there time being invested into making it even harder to get to this stage when there are so many other bugs and issues concerning grouping, chatting, and nearly the entire UI and Hub situation from top to bottom? GG DE

Edited by llRuinedll

Yeah, an Update :D Ty DE!
But...just one thing...why the hell "Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute."?!? Yes, i hate those AFK players too, but this will do much more harm than good! According to this, i can't anymore go to the bathroom or even answer the phone or i'll lose rewards, hope you'll change your minds.

What exactly does this mean, some clarification would be great? Is it simply increasing the counter? Or is Slash Dash itself also considered a Melee Hit as it should be, meaning that it´s damage is also increased by the Combo Hit Counter?!

And this is my question as well, because, unless I'm mistaken, this is what Surging Dash is supposed to do. I do know that Slash Dash doesn't count as a melee hit, but it'd be great if it would. It'd be so helpful if it would.

I LOVE YOU DE.

This, on the other hand, seems incredibly harsh. What about people who have to go to the bathroom or make a phone call, and make the effort to notify their team about it? Losing every single reward because something briefly came up is an exceptionally painful punishment for something that is very often innocent.

I suggest that this change be completely replaced with something like:

- When a player is AFK for over a minute, teammates can vote on whether to disqualify them from end-of-mission rewards (default controls: F1, F2?). If teammates do not vote or if the voting is even, the AFK player will not be disqualified.
- Players do not gain Affinity while dead. Players who spend over 50% of the time dead during a Defense round / Interception round / 5-min Survival segment will not receive rewards for that round.

Simple as that. No risk of punishing innocent players who just have to go pee, and discourages players from laying dead in a fair way.

This. I was afk for most of a 40 wave t2d today playing excal, but I still got the most damage dealt. probably pressed 4 maybe 3 times every 5 rounds for the first 30 waves before things started getting KINDA tough. It would have sucked if I'd gone 61 seconds and lost everything.

Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute. This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

Bad idea, at least make it more than 1min. I mean, what if your doing a 40 + min defense and suddenly have the urge to pee? Your gonna penalise us because of natural phenomenon? Come on, no one sits in front of their pc for an entire duration of a game all the time. You got to leave in a 15 min buffer for that reason plus any other emergency that can easily be taken care of and get back to the game.

Since you can be 'kidnapped' in modes like survival and excavation ie. being under the mercy of other people and unable to leave the mission if you need to. I feel like the dead thing is really awful.

There has been a lot of times where I have wanted to leave because I can't handle the enemies and end up dying again and again but unable to leave because other people don't want to and don't care to revive either.

I would totally accept the AFK thing tho if it reset if you moved your character like 50m in a non-linear route after being tagged as AFK.

The problem I see in this tho is that they could just start moving once the mission is done and people are waiting at extraction and there's no real solution to this. Completely removing rewards if you've been inactive for a minute and unable to change that so you get rewards again tho is silly.

Imo. it would maybe be better if you no longer got rewards after being inactive for 1 minute, but if you became active again you would once again start to get rewards (but not for the time you were AFK).

It could also be so that if you were tagged as AFK for more than 25% of the mission time, you don't get any rewards at all.

Well. I can't play anymore now. Thanks DE! Best update ever. *cough cough cough* Although I do like the fixes.

The one minute rule is simply. Who was the drunk one when they suggested it? and on how much crack was everyone when they accepted it ?

This is stupid. Goodbye everyone with a slightly less perfect connection.

Make it a votekick for the squad, if you guys only know for 5% what you are doing you know how to do this.

turn it off for invite only squads. Be logic for once DE. This kills my brain.

Edited by -Himari-
Edited post for language.