Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.9

DE_Adam

• Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

WHAT... THE ACTUAL.... HELL?!!! What if I have no revives? Why do I have to be punished for having no revives??? This should be changed so badly... Either remove it, or change it so that'll be fair. If I do a survival mission, and I get this part I needed for SO LONG, and suddenly I die, and have no more revives but my friends are A******s and they don't wanna leave yet, then I should be punished for that? No, I should get my reward in that case.

On a different note... I like the other stuff (I miss those decs though /o/)

• Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.

One minute? this is stupid, can't i even go to the toilet during a mission? don't jump on me with "you can do that before starting the mission" it's just an example, there could be any sort of emergency. Please remove it! But if you insist on keeping this "feature" increase the timer to 5 mins at least.

EDIT: Why do you always make such drastic changes? It looks like you come up with random ideas and slap them into the game just like that.

Edited by Hatr

That AFK fix is...not ideal. Determined AFK'ers will just put a weight on a key to keep moving in one direction, and avoid being detected as AFK, etc.

Meanwhile, a lot of times people have to temporarily be right back during a mission, due to having to attend to something real quick. Which would really suck now, because if something needed your attention, you just nullified your reason for being in that run due to no end-of-mission rewards. (Mainly applicable in void, of course.)

Looks like the first step towards the spear weapons many people would like to see. Nice. Let's see how this bladed staff will perform.

About AFK farmer punishment.

1 Minute is kind of too short.

This is punishing people who are having to go AFK for legit reasons. Like having to take a short bathroom break in a long survival/defense mission, the cat doing some hijinks or the telephone ringing.

All those little unexpected things can take more than one minute. So what you do is punish far more people than the AFK farmers. You should increase it to 4 minutes in the next hotfix.

On another thing.

Still no fix for the AkLato dealing nearly half of the damage of the single Lato? It's there since UPDATE 14 and you still have not fixed it. It's adjusting a single number!

Edited by Othergrunty

So you dont get a mission reward when the game decides that you were afk for a minute?

Seriously?

I mean...

Seriously?

Dont get me wrong, AFKers that dont contribute to the mission I dont give a crap about them missing out on a mission reward, but how likely is it for an active player to fall into that?

All this does it raising another war - anyone that purposely wants to be afk simply lets a macro run, there, circumvented. A purposeful AFKer doesn't care.

Who gets punished? Anyone else that has to go to the toilet (and asks the team first) or needs to take a phone call or the door real quickly. 1 minute of afkness is insanely steep.

Getting rid of macros is not the solution either. There are people that lack a finger or a hand, for example, and they need makros to actually play. Don't turn them into collateral.

I'd instead suggest:

A sum or majority rule of 0 kills, 0 assists, afk over 50% of the mission's run time. That is punish-worthy. Not when someone heads off to get themselves a drink in between wave rewards of a defence map and misses that minute by a second or something like that.

Also, private games should be excluded. As in, 'invite only' mode. This rule should only apply to open games.

Just imagine, you run a mission with a friend, that friend has to go afk for 5 minutes. you park somewhere and defend that friend for a bit, comes back and appologies, no worries, lets beat the boss, wow, nice, that part we both needed still.

And then they dont get the part?

We're not playing some hardcore e-sport game here, this is still meant to be recreational fun, right?

Right?

Edited by Fubukin

You know what would be a better solution? A kick-voting system! What about the people who have to take a phone call or do a short errand for others? This is unfair to those that have such events. I already hate brushing off my family members while I'm playing, but now it's mandatory that I have to move my character constantly while they want to talk to me? Talk about whipping your players by removing their in-game coffee break. Now I'm even afraid to grab snacks during my own solo missions.

Edited by Drag3ndz

• Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction

Why? :'(

If I have to step out for more than a minute (say, for a washroom break) and my squad agrees to it, why do this?

At least in long survival, intercept and defense missions, please increase the AFK timer or make it so that if all the other squad mates complain then the penalty is applied against the player.  

Thanks.

Edit: Oh my gosh, even an update to punish afkers and leechers? THANK YOU!

so hmmm if lets say you do t4 surv and everyone dies but 1 person who has to run to the end to get rewards for everyone, will instead get only him rewards?hmm yes indeed WONDERFUL THANKS( if you weren't sure i was being sarcastic.... ya just ... god ignorant D=<)

Edited by allreadygone

"Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction."

*slow clap*

Enjoy people raging for several days until you revert this. 1 min is faaaar too punishing.

Yes we need something to stop AFK-ers but this is too much.

Determined AFK'ers will just put a weight on a key to keep moving in one direction, and avoid being detected as AFK, etc.

nah a Macro that moves you around a little bit every 20 seconds or so. problem solved.

a kick vote option would be 200 times better. didn't a community poll show that an overwhelming majority of the community wanted a kick option?

90%?

You do not exaggerate, do you?

You are right that their is the chance that you loose everything, in my opinion they should increase the timer for at least 90 sec, but what you are saying is just wrong :P .

i guess you never been in any high level survival, without oxigen you run out of energy, shields and life which mean is almost imposible for all the team to reach extraction so you gotta pray you dont run out of revives and/or your team runs fast

what if you had reached exit and got killed while waiting? boom no more rewards, they may had intended to punish leechers but we all take the hit and its extremist to say the least.

gotta add this to the long list of recent screw ups by DE

Love the revive bit, despite all the negaitve opinions. It's nice to see group play having the same rules as solo play, and it's nice to see the game not rewarding people for failing to extract with their loot. The AFK time is fine. As it reads you have to be un-AFK and alive within 60 seconds of extraction. The only reason that shouldn't happen is you are straight up dead, or AFK leeching.

You can still go AFK mid-mission for emergencies. Just tell your team not to extract until you get back. If your team is okay with you going AFK they should be fine to wait a sec (and you shoudln't be AFK mid-mission often enough for this to be a big deal anyway)

For those complaining about this one, yes, you should lose 30 minutes of loot if you die and fail to extract. Them's the rules solo, and they make sense. You are dead. You didn't bring the stuff you picked up back to your liset. Why it hasn't always worked this way is beyond me. Stop expecting to keep rewards from content that has clearly beaten you. No more free rides and that's just fine.

Well, me and my buddies all made it to extraction after 50 minutes, and still didn't get rewards. So all this did was make us waste 50 minutes...

I feel we need more information on this change:

•  
  •  
  •  

This explanation is really uninformative, and leaves a lot of questions hanging around. For example: 

Does this mean if we extract and they have not moved for the last minute? Or does it mean if they have not moved for a full minute at any point in the match?

The second is pretty insane. If it’s true, does it tell you that you’re disqualified or does it just let you find out after the mission in a fit of bad shock? I play mostly privately with a group of people I know. One has to be able to pull out occasionally for recurring irl things. Another has to alt tab a lot to keep tabs on something he is constantly responsible for. Our private group is perfectly okay with this. If the one minute ever thing is somehow true, would it be possible to let the “invite only” option cancel the afk timer? This would help the problem with leechers (What host will invite a leecher?) while not punishing small casual groups of friends as harshly (If all players are okay with someone going to check their inbox or answer the phone, shouldn’t that be all that matters?) I don’t want to have to shelf the game and find another or cause my friend to feel he may as well sit out because he is no longer able to manage his irl obligations despite our entire group being okay with it, just because a line of code isn’t.

This also doesn’t cover potential issues like: When someone loads in really slowly I can see them standing there before the player can actually control their frame. Will this label them afk? Interception almost always has “dead” points where few enemies spawn and a player is left on the point waiting for enemies to reach him. Should he be afk if he doesn’t jiggle every 50 seconds if no enemies reach him? The short timer of one minute seems like it's going to need a lot of tinkering elsewhere to remain fair on certain modes, such as interception.

EDIT: Haha! I see Ladioz had the same basic invite only idea as me a few posts down. Nice thinking! 

Edited by DrFail

"Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction."

rip warframe

this is how a game dies, good luck

well F*** me. so if i am out of revives and the players don't end the mission in under a minute, i lose everything? thanks guys, really encouraging us to buy revives huh. 

First of all.  WTF.  literally. 

BUT actually I have an idea. This AFK crap thing should only be a feature in public sessions only. If the session was hosted with the friends/invites only option.. it will be fine that way. or even Solo that is.. im sure 99.9% players will agree with this statement. this paragraph needs DE's attention asap.

Edited by Ladioz

This is going to kill survival if someone runs out of revives.

I might as well leave the moment I run out of revives if that ever happens.

Not to mention, I can't even go to the toilet in a 60 minute survival run for a minute or two? When nature calls, nature calls damnit. D:<

Edited by CenturyNitro

DE, please take a look at the broken augment mods please!

Many of the buff aug mods ex) Volt's shock trooper

is lacking in visual effect & duration timing to indicate 

and yes, agreeing with some of the other players on the afk - I don't mind it but loosen the leash on it a little because more often than not things come up and no one can really take time to help a family member, or rush to do something 'quickly' within' a single minute.