Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vay Hek Terra Frame - Pigments Not Dropping

H3dsh0t

Vay Hek drops pigments.

You just have to be careful where you finish him.

There is a chasm (river ? idk) in the center of the final arena. If you kill him here the pigments drop off map.

We made 7-8 runs with 4 clan members and got 4 pigments each time by ceasing fire when he reached about 30% health and letting 2 guys with Vectis finish him over safe ground.

I'm glad to see someone else finally posting about this problem, and the thread actually getting some needed attention!

My clan unfortunately picked this color FIRST. We've been stuck on it for nearly two months. He literally dropped the pigments ONE TIME for us, and never again have we seen any loot come from him at all. No mods, no resources, definitely no pigment. We have only ever run it as a group.

Edit: I see mention of it being an issue of him being killed over the canyon, I assure you this has never been the case for my group. He has gone down on the platform the Terra frame lands on, the small platform by the door in the fence just beyond there, and in one odd situation he landed on top of the train car and died there.  None of these times did he drop any items at all.

Edited by Centias

Well ours is finally in research, 50 keys, 30 pigments. All pigments were gained solo, and sometimes it didn't even drop solo. I hope you guys that are still stuck on this get it sorted soon, as for me, I'm going to be happy if I never have to fight Vay Hek again.

My clan and I did a little experimenting and figured out what was necessary to get the pigments to drop every single time. Once Vay Hek reaches his final form in the Terra Frame, don't rush killing him. TAKE YOUR TIME and finish him off SLOWLY. He will roll through a few more lines of dialog while hopping around the map.  He will eventually stop jumping around the map and land at the head of the stream.  This is where we've killed him and gotten our pigments. Vay Hek will then separate from the Terra Frame and fly away. Then the Terra Frame explodes and drops pigments.

Edited by MariAnnette

My clan and I did a little experimenting and figured out what was necessary to get the pigments to drop every single time. Once Vay Hek reaches his final form in the Terra Frame, don't rush killing him. TAKE YOUR TIME and finish him off SLOWLY. He will roll through a few more lines of dialog while hopping around the map.  He will eventually stop jumping around the map and land at the head of the stream.  This is where we've killed him and gotten our pigments. Vay Hek will then separate from the Terra Frame and fly away. Then the Terra Frame explodes and drops pigments.

At least you found some kind of work-around for the issue, but it would be nice if it were finally taken seriously and fixed at some point.

Edited by Centias

Sorry for the delay! Team is looking into it :) 

Adding this info to report ^

Welp, seeing as to how to obtain Night Blue Pigments is to solo Vey Hek (correct me if I'm wrong), even so farming the beacons in Ceres is nearly non-existent. I've tried Kiste and Pallas but no prosecuters except for survival missions like Nuovo but they only drop Delta beacons. Could I get an update regarding this situation?

I have done this for my small ghost clan of like 2 active members Farmmed the "Censored" outta Kiste mobile defence , Im pretty sure DE released a patch some time ago to increase beacons drop rate and at that time was gettin like 8 a drop / prosocutor kill. Saddly like most things seems its been ninja nerfed somwhere along the lines. One tip i can tell you about the pigments is take as many clan members as u can along on the vey hek missions as i only had one active member besides myself i found that when i took them along 2 pigments would drop as opposed to only one if i solo,d or took pugs without the pigment research in progress.

One tip i can tell you about the pigments is take as many clan members as u can along on the vey hek missions as i only had one active member besides myself i found that when i took them along 2 pigments would drop as opposed to only one if i solo,d or took pugs without the pigment research in progress.

Provided, you know, he actually drops anything. Which has been my small clan's problem for quite a while.

Edited by Centias

Yeah he dropped every time i ran it, Six times 1 was solo i got 1 pigment the other five i waited till clan mate was on and we ran it together. Just dont kill him in a stupid spot i guess. Being from the same clan and running together made him drop two every time but who picks them up is random if one player gets two pigments other will get none, both may get one each just depends on who picks up 1st or in my case seeing i bought the carrier who sucks up 1st :o

I have done this for my small ghost clan of like 2 active members Farmmed the "Censored" outta Kiste mobile defence , Im pretty sure DE released a patch some time ago to increase beacons drop rate and at that time was gettin like 8 a drop / prosocutor kill. Saddly like most things seems its been ninja nerfed somwhere along the lines. One tip i can tell you about the pigments is take as many clan members as u can along on the vey hek missions as i only had one active member besides myself i found that when i took them along 2 pigments would drop as opposed to only one if i solo,d or took pugs without the pigment research in progress.

Thanks, I think I will try this out with my friends, but the only problem I see right now is getting them bloody beacons. Since I've already exhausted the rest of my frequency triangulator, I kinda have to focus on getting those beacons and these bloody prosecuters (eximus guardsman) never show up.

Edited by BloodyLucky

Yeah its bad luck some times theres not one i,d say at a rough guess 1 in 3 is a no show, i feel yer pain as i ran this often and so many times solo :s I,d like to leave the alarms runnin and just not bother about them until the last console hacked and then they.d decide to lock the doors forcing me to hack their security in order to make to exit.

This has been going on for a while, but I can't complain too much since I just now got around to actually reporting it.

When Vay Hek is killed, he drops nothing. No mod, no resource, no pigment, nothing.
All my clanmates who have run the mission (which amounts to about 4 other people) have reported the same problem.

We have the Night Blue pigment as the active research, and without him dropping anything and no way to change research, we are unable to use the dojo coloring function at all.

You probably have but have you guys checked the whole area where you battled him? When I ran for hydroid Vay Hek used to drop his neurodes in the area above the pipe from which you enter/exit instead of where he died.

We reran the mission several times and scoured the area each time. Two of the people on the team had Carrier with them, who also found nothing.