Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosting Causes Drastic Increase Of Enemy Accuracy - Please Read, De

Bipp

Further, I would like to assure you that if your bestie from next door is playing with you, that's not going to cause enough latency to be a problem, nor will, realistically, someone from your town/village/city/county... and in most cases state/parrish.... So that means that despite the DE crew playing together from home, they have never, EVER seen this.

That's not entirely true. I'm playing with my brother regularly (we live in the same city, but not very close to each other) I'm usually playing as client, and enemies have a hard time hitting me if I'm just strafing around them, while my bro get slaughtered doing that. We tried to switch a couple times, and it goes the other way - I get damaged a lot, while he can run straight to Heavy Gunners face almost unscathed.

It doesn't mean that there can't be a perfect connection with somebody, which would mean no difference for clients (I just don't know about that), but it certainly not only working like that for far away countries/continents.

That's not entirely true. I'm playing with my brother regularly (we live in the same city, but not very close to each other) I'm usually playing as client, and enemies have a hard time hitting me if I'm just strafing around them, while my bro get slaughtered doing that. We tried to switch a couple times, and it goes the other way - I get damaged a lot, while he can run straight to Heavy Gunners face almost unscathed.

It doesn't mean that there can't be a perfect connection with somebody, which would mean no difference for clients (I just don't know about that), but it certainly not only working like that for far away countries/continents.

Okay, I'm using too many words. Let me simplify:

-DE has never noticed this problem.

-DE will never notice this problem if they don't try to maximize the constraints to make it highly apparent.

-Your personal stories don't show DE how to replicate the problem in order to address it.

I have to concur with this topic. Solo play has gotten damn near impossible without using rhino, loki, limbo, or some frame that can completely remove themselves from combat. While, yes, I'm playing "end-game" stuff, I don't think it's normal for a fully modded loki prime to be killed in the 1.5 seconds he uncloaks.

Hell, just a few minutes ago, I was playing a grineer sabotage with a 2/3 leveled Nova Prime. I expected to die once, maybe twice, but it was insanity. I can deal with the annoyance of being TPed, disarmed, and then clonked in the bloody face by a shield while surrounded by snipers all in one motion. They're high-level grineer, and while frustrating, it's a chance you take going solo. What I can't understand is how a scorpion can harpoon me (a weapon with travel-time) out of the air in the middle of a sprinting front-flip when "fast movement" is supposed to decrease accuracy. I can't really think of a faster move other than a quick wall-vault. It just feel like straight up aim-botting. I swear he more I run, the more I get shot.

In any case this has spawned some in-depth IRL discussion amongst the team so we await further results!

I'm just curious as to why it took so long to hear from an official someone who acknowledged this problem. Regardless, I'm glad to actually hear that the Devs have finally noticed and are working to fix it.

As promised, here are some footage gifs (those are pretty big, you'll need to let them load for a while if you have poor internet)

Solo (or host):

ptYWn5o.gif

Client (even with very low latency, enemies still aim to a spot slightly behind you, thus, always missing):

V6zJA9T.gif

Please note the difference in attack speed as well.

That MOA has a gatling gun attached to its face!

I'm just curious as to why it took so long to hear from an official someone who acknowledged this problem. Regardless, I'm glad to actually hear that the Devs have finally noticed and are working to fix it.

Well when you have people who contradict real evidence because they haven't tried it themselves and refuse to pay close enough attention to how they die, you get a slew of "nuh-uh" posts that conflate the issue.

Looks like we've waded through all that nonsense and are finally getting an honest look at it.  Thanks Rebecca!

if you're hosting or soloing, then you're experiencing the enemy accuracy as it's intended to be.

Actually this appears to be the opposite of the truth going back some months.

More than likely, DE's intentional improvements on the accuracy and actions of the AI are probably due to the overwhelming amount of time spent (and data collected) by players as clients vs hosting.  Now the hosts get slaughtered.

This issue has existed for a long time in Warframe.  We're just now getting some traction on it because hosting has become too deadly for most frames and builds.

Edited by Thaumatos

Had been looking for this thread again after seeing it a while back and having experienced it in-game recently and wondering if there had been any word on de looking at this issue.

Rebecca has stated, in a recent post here, that she has heard some face-to-face discussion about it.

Hopefully we'll see someone on the dev team post at-length about what can or cannot be done.

Edited by Thaumatos

Sorry for the question but I couldn't find any related topic already opened.

We have performed some test with my clan mates and we noticed that some of us (I would say 60-75%), when they host the mission, gets much more damage than usual.

For ex in T4 survival a basic mob needs 4 impacts to remove my shield if I am client, but if I am host only one impact is needed.

Has anyone else experienced that and found a fix?

Thank you! I though i was crazy. My experience on this is mostly limited on Draco, but seriously there are matches where with my nova i fool around normally, there are matches where people starts asking if i'm a troll. Sometimes i keep dropping after a couple of hits even with MP on. It's embarassing. I have tons of restores ready only for that. No matter how fast we clean the map. I once asked during the match about this and someone replied to me "because you're host"

We have performed some test with my clan mates and we noticed that some of us (I would say 60-75%), when they host the mission, gets much more damage than usual.

For ex in T4 survival a basic mob needs 4 impacts to remove my shield if I am client, but if I am host only one impact is needed.

Most definitely.

Grineer shoot way faster and it appears that the slow-firing targets, and melee as well, simply do more damage.

I also think procs deal more damage to hosts.  I could be wrong on that but it 'feels' that way right now.  I'm going to try and get some .gif vids for evidence but I can't make any promises...I don't normally vid capture for the sake of bug reporting.

Not sure, but that is an interesting observation.

Now that my topic has been merged with this one, and after reading all, I understand a bit better why there is such a difference in damage.

The base damage is still the same, but because of the accuracy it probably aim for headshot and got crit damage, which would explain the x4 damage taken.

I really think this is a very URGENT issue to fix. Less and less people want to host because people understand that they'll not survive long.

Now that my topic has been merged with this one, and after reading all, I understand a bit better why there is such a difference in damage.

The base damage is still the same, but because of the accuracy it probably aim for headshot and got crit damage, which would explain the x4 damage taken.

I really think this is a very URGENT issue to fix. Less and less people want to host because people understand that they'll not survive long.

Yeah but they've normalized headshot damage on shields, so that shouldn't explain it unless you were taking HP damage.

Off-topic:

Also, how does Rhino's Iron Skin work for that matter?  Can you headshot Iron Skin and make it even less useful?

This issue has strictly non-trivial solutions m8. Useless to put pressure at this point.

I suppose you're right. I guess the fact that it took just over 3 weeks to hear that someone (Rebecca) has acknowledged and is discussing it with the devs coupled with there being another hotfix soon after kinda irked me. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

I suppose you're right. I guess the fact that it took just over 3 weeks to hear that someone (Rebecca) has acknowledged and is discussing it with the devs coupled with there being another hotfix soon after kinda irked me. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Longer than three weeks...it's only been these past few weeks that players finally acknowledged it as a legitimate gripe.

The host/client difficulty difference has existed since day one of open beta and possibly even before that considering closed beta was nearly the same game.