Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosting Causes Drastic Increase Of Enemy Accuracy - Please Read, De

Bipp

-claps- This is by far one of the best changes i have seen in a long time. I can't wait until next week... Even though about 80% of the community is going to start a uproar about the game suddenly becoming hard..... -sigh-

As I've said before...I can't wait.

want the Grineer to show everyone who's boss.  The forum rage will be delicious.

This explains why syndicate missions (which I almost always run solo because, well, nobody else happens to run them at the same time) are so much harder than anything with a squad.

Ikr?  This is when I first noticed it since I was using 2-3 revives during a normal mid lvl syndicate solo mission and it was like "Ok, I know I don't suck at this game so why is this happening?"

This post is regarding the incredible accuracy and ability to lead shots the Grineer and Corpus have when firing at you when hosting a multiplayer game.

I've read a few patch notes from the devs about the increase of enemy accuracy. That they wouldn't 'Shoot like stormtroopers' anymore. I agree 100% with this because before the changes I could stand still and not get hit.

Enemies just don't ever really seem to miss anymore.

Now, I remember reading something from the devs that they introduced a new accuracy algorithm for enemies. Enemy accuracy would lower depending on the speed you're traveling and the maneuvers you use.

So sprinting, sliding, rolling, flipping etc would make it harder for them to hit you. As a host, this just isn't the case.

None of these moves seem to reduce enemy accuracy at all.

Corpus troops lead their shots incredibly well, hitting you almost every time, especially Elite Crewmen and their Flux Rifles.

Grineer and their hitscan weapons make it borderline impossible to avoid getting hit.

They are literally aimbotting.

This is incredibly problematic as I am forced to stay in cover or face the 99.99% accurate hellstorm raging outside of cover. It makes squishier frames such as Loki and Mirage (both very quick frames) or frames with a low health pool incredibly vulnerable, especially to Grineer who will proc slash on you a LOT more thanks to their astonishing accuracy. It makes slow frames vulnerable too because slow targets make easier targets, making tanking or just hiding in cover almost all of the time with hitscan weapons the only viable tactics.

With Corpus the fight is a lot more dangerous but nowhere near as difficult against Grineer providing you keep your distance so you have time to dodge their laser shots. They still travel pretty fast but they can still be avoided. Unfortunately, enemies with continuous weapons such as Elite Crewmen and their Flux Rifles will keep their lasers trained on you 100% of the time should you enter their range and line of sight.

Please do something about this, DE, because while an increase of accuracy WAS necessary something has gone wrong and caused this catastrophe for hosts.

I'm just glad I haven't gone up against the Stalker yet because I would not like to fight him right now for the reasons in this post.

tl;dr An increase of accuracy was 100% necessary but DE dun goofed and now enemies aimbot hosts.

Accuracy

|---------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------|

Pathetic                                           Just Right                                  AIM-FLIPPING-BOT

^ Where it currently is

Where it needs to be ^

Like that one time with Mirage and her entourage of doppelgangers. Dem red crits though

"(...)makes squishier frames such as Loki and Mirage (both very quick frames) or frames with a low health pool incredibly vulnerable(...)" ???

i loled so damn. as long as loki gots energy, he CANT get a hit. unless he gets in bullet spread of an enemy firing at a mate.

funfact: this issue was around long before the update referenced in OP.  It's an innate issue with the fact that the host's ai's shoot at where they think the client is at the time.  With any level of latency, this gets throw right out the window.  Anybody with over 100 ping pretty much never gets hit because mobs are shooting at where they were (going to be) 100 ms ago, not where they are (going to be) now. 

Granted, the update didn't exactly help the issue, but hosts have always been much more susceptible to high accuracy than clients, ever since I started in U7...

Edited by lstalri

This post is regarding the incredible accuracy and ability to lead shots the Grineer and Corpus have when firing at you when hosting a multiplayer game.

I've read a few patch notes from the devs about the increase of enemy accuracy. That they wouldn't 'Shoot like stormtroopers' anymore. I agree 100% with this because before the changes I could stand still and not get hit.

Enemies just don't ever really seem to miss anymore.

Now, I remember reading something from the devs that they introduced a new accuracy algorithm for enemies. Enemy accuracy would lower depending on the speed you're traveling and the maneuvers you use.

So sprinting, sliding, rolling, flipping etc would make it harder for them to hit you. As a host, this just isn't the case.

None of these moves seem to reduce enemy accuracy at all.

Corpus troops lead their shots incredibly well, hitting you almost every time, especially Elite Crewmen and their Flux Rifles.

Grineer and their hitscan weapons make it borderline impossible to avoid getting hit.

They are literally aimbotting.

This is incredibly problematic as I am forced to stay in cover or face the 99.99% accurate hellstorm raging outside of cover. It makes squishier frames such as Loki and Mirage (both very quick frames) or frames with a low health pool incredibly vulnerable, especially to Grineer who will proc slash on you a LOT more thanks to their astonishing accuracy. It makes slow frames vulnerable too because slow targets make easier targets, making tanking or just hiding in cover almost all of the time with hitscan weapons the only viable tactics.

With Corpus the fight is a lot more dangerous but nowhere near as difficult against Grineer providing you keep your distance so you have time to dodge their laser shots. They still travel pretty fast but they can still be avoided. Unfortunately, enemies with continuous weapons such as Elite Crewmen and their Flux Rifles will keep their lasers trained on you 100% of the time should you enter their range and line of sight.

Please do something about this, DE, because while an increase of accuracy WAS necessary something has gone wrong and caused this catastrophe for hosts.

I'm just glad I haven't gone up against the Stalker yet because I would not like to fight him right now for the reasons in this post.

tl;dr An increase of accuracy was 100% necessary but DE dun goofed and now enemies aimbot hosts.

Accuracy

|---------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------|

Pathetic                                           Just Right                                  AIM-FLIPPING-BOT

^ Where it currently is

Where it needs to be ^

Like that one time with Mirage and her entourage of doppelgangers. Dem red crits though

hahahah mate this was so FUNNY I laughed insanely inside myself like 5 minutes around: Accurate Hellstorm (LOL). You are so explicit but is sadly TRUE: I am a difficulty adrenaline junky madman BUT I should recognize that I was seeing ODD things Over Powered in the game.

Edited by Deimos87

hahahah mate this was so FUNNY I laughed insanely inside myself like 5 minutes around: Accurate Hellstorm (LOL). You are so explicit but is sadly TRUE: I am a difficulty adrenaline junky madman BUT I should recognize that I was seeing ODD things Over Powered in the game.

So I made you laugh or you were laughing at me and my post? :P

Or maybe both?

Edited by Keybopsef

• 3 weeks later...

funfact: this issue was around long before the update referenced in OP.  It's an innate issue with the fact that the host's ai's shoot at where they think the client is at the time.  With any level of latency, this gets throw right out the window.  Anybody with over 100 ping pretty much never gets hit because mobs are shooting at where they were (going to be) 100 ms ago, not where they are (going to be) now. 

Granted, the update didn't exactly help the issue, but hosts have always been much more susceptible to high accuracy than clients, ever since I started in U7...

Pretty the same here. Started in Update 9. It's an innate network hardware "problem" over 100 sick latencies. That's why since the beggining I put Warframe Options to search for 100ms latency ppl :O in my Region.

Edited by Deimos87

• 2 weeks later...

15 of March.... still no fix for....

I started in U9 and had the issue from begining too...

What I still don't understand is why it affects some hosts, but not all?

I understand it can be caused by a low framerate (30 or beloy to be exact), butI know people with a constant 60fps who have not any issue.

I tried by removing v-sync to get higher fps, but it does not look to influe on the issue.

If it is only a latency issue, why not handicap the host with a default 100ms virtual latency so that everyone gets more or less the same handicap...

Edited by thecenz1

Wonder if that can be improved with prediction or moving more stuff to host (probably not viable cause it will feel really bad with higer ping)

I've seen this several times too when i host the squad, the accuracy is ridiculous when you host, no matter how much i try to wall run, slide or roll around them. they just pop my shields and gun me down. 

if any dev team is gonna make a buff for the enemy, at leads make the buff fair. don't make them gods just because one faction got bugged and was a joke in the beginning. a buff to enemys in game, and I'm only going by my experience from other games, should only be slightly noticeable to where you see it and sorta feel…… not to where you basically have no snowball's chance in hell of getting stuff done. adding new enemy types are always a great idea….. just don't make them so strong that they outclass the human player's abilities and tactics that he/she is trying to deploy ya know? 

small but noticeable buff to the enemies without breaking the balance between the A.I. and the human player. at least thats how i think it should work. I've seen some companies buff enemies to the point where you just get steam rolled over without a fight and people just quit. i know DE is trying to get team work to be more important, and i think its a good push for that. but the enemy do have way too high of an accuracy rating when you host the squad XP plus they need some damn dedicated servers…… my disconnects have jumped from two to three times a day now. download speed is 266.50 and upload speed is nearly 30……

Edited by (XB1)GOAT Spartan

I don't see wh the Grineer can 360 no scope me for about 50 metres away when I'm wallrunning. Especially on Phobos. the aimbot on Phobos is horrible.

I can confirm it's just as bad at Stephano, it was supposed to be "fixed" a few patches ago but I haven't noticed any difference, still awful as usual, not fun hosting anything. It still needs devs' attention.

I can confirm it's just as bad at Stephano, it was supposed to be "fixed" a few patches ago but I haven't noticed any difference, still awful as usual, not fun hosting anything. It still needs devs' attention.

yepo while doing a nm run i got  1 shoted point blank  by 2 snipers  right through the iron skin 

• 1 month later...

Well op if youre hosting obviously you have 0 ping thus lag is eliminated and enemies hits register like they should. 

Happens in every coop mode in every game which have player hosting.

Even though the devs have posted in this thread and admitted something is particularly wrong here?

Even though the devs have posted in this thread and admitted something is particularly wrong here?

Maybe is.

Everywhere else though ive seen devs compensating for lag thus increasing somewhat hit rate because not all hits will connect, but when youre hosting you basically got hit more often because of that.

Maybe is.

Everywhere else though ive seen devs compensating for lag thus increasing somewhat hit rate because not all hits will connect, but when youre hosting you basically got hit more often because of that.

Check the gifs at the top of page 7. This game has (had?) it worse than any other game I've ever seen. Some other games have similar issues, sure, but nowhere else is the difference between Host and Client so great that the host has to either spam defense abilities or hide, while the clients can just run around and barely get hit.

This problem is pretty much non-existent in Payday 2 for instance. Doesn't happen with bots in many FPS either.

Edited by Unahim