[DE]Megan

New: Tennogen Weapon Skins!

Can we get some fixes for the energy colors? The Sharpshooter Vectis, both Magnus skins, and the Combustion skin have energy colors that are either unchangeable or blend with the base color.

A fair amount of the coloration otherwise on all of the skins poorly reflects the selected colors (especially on metallics).

• Upvote 1

Im guessing we cant use these skins on scindo prime? Which is ridiculous since the scindo has so many damn skins that i'd love to use on my scindo P.

• Upvote 3

The only thing holding me back is the fact that skins cant be used on Primes. I would love to get the Vectis ones but if a prime comes out i soon (which it may since its the only tenno sniper) it wouldnt work and the prime would completely outclass the standard for gameplay

• Upvote 2

Too bad most of the weapons that have these skins serve as little more than mastery fodder.

- Scindo is terrible. If you can't use the skin on scindo prime, you'll have wasted your platinum.

- Zoren is only good for coptoring, dual ichors makes it obsolete as a combat weapon and certain polearms are better for movement due to directional melee

- (ak)magnus is also seldom used by anyone, I see more marelok users than I see (ak)magnus users.

Honestly DE, before you make community skins, you should consider making sure all weapons in the game have similar stats. Most people are going to obtain more powerful/viable weapons that could've used skins.

If you only care about stats why complain about the in game visuals at all. You know how boring this game would be if every weapon was the same? Some people use weapons because they like the design and look of are. Obviously people buying weapon skins are doing so because they are going to actually use them. Also these skins could increase the potential that these weapons see more  use seems like a win/win. 

Definitely picking up a vectis one and maybe the akmagnus one as well. Would love to see this developed into a full blown game feature for community designs or atleast have more of these contests soon. 

Edited by kazeyama
  • Upvote 1

remember the skins will not work with prime weapons, for whatever reason they still keep that senseless posture.

that said gotta get that combustion skin for Dual Zoren.

Cool skins, but for dat weapons... well i do use vectis and zoren sometimes, but(ak)magnus and scindo, huh? Well, at least i did support the artists.

Edited by Sormaran

- Scindo is terrible. If you can't use the skin on scindo prime, you'll have wasted your platinum.

True is senseless to make skins under the current systems where you need a weaker version of the weapon to use.

- (ak)magnus is also seldom used by anyone, I see more marelok users than I see (ak)magnus users.

not that rare since marelok was top dog for a long time, (ak)Magnus is a decent replacement for (ak)Vasto

- Zoren is only good for coptoring, dual ichors makes it obsolete as a combat weapon and certain polearms are better for movement due to directional melee

they are roughly equals, with zoren having slightly more speed in exchange for 5 points less damage

(ak)Magnus is a decent replacement for (ak)Vasto

Akvasto actually better in every way. :/

Edited by Sormaran

Akvasto actually better in every way. :/

except Akmagnus got 25% base crit instead of 15%, 2.0 crit damage instead of 1.5, and 25% base status instead of 5%, and more ammo, only losing 5 of damage and 1.2 secs reload

the only reason i have vasto instead of magnus is because they look more cowboy style

edit: removed self quote

Edited by Edgedemon
  • Upvote 2

that said the day of the dead Vasto Skin were both for a single price while these magnus and akmagnus come separated.

• Upvote 1

I like most of the skins. The package they're sold in bothers me though. As we've seen from actual files that came with the contest, zoren and scindo use same exact textures, so selling the same texture twice separately seems shady to me. And single magnus skin in package with dual magnus skin? I'm sure there's gonna be someone that will say they keep both single and akimbo version, but why couldn't it be like the day of the dead skin - same skin regardless of whether there's one or two guns equipped... 

• Upvote 1

DE seriously needs to get down on market prices. Just gather the whole damn team, abandon everything else and fix the market.

You do know there's 10 skins... right?

10x40=400

320 for all of them in the bundle

You save 80 plat.

Let me apply the Scindo skins to my prime and I'll jump on them in an instant.

Until this happens i'll stick to my Akmagnus and Vectis skins.

• Upvote 6

6 skins for 40 plat each...

or BUNDLE OF ALL 6 for 320 PLAT!! 

Is this a joke?

You should open your eyes and count the skins again

Yes can we please skin scindo prime again? I remember when I first got it, I added the mantacore skin to it. When ever I equipt it. It still looks awesome for a second.Just flip that switch. Come on =)

• Upvote 1

You do know there's 10 skins... right?

10x40=400

320 for all of them in the bundle

You save 80 plat.

I really meant the other market prices...like the 800 plat bundles, Rhino's price, basically every item that's not a potato or forma.

PLEASE make at least cosmetic only skins (or just these tennogen skins) aplicable to scindo prime, because I would surely buy them if I could use them on it. In the end, Rubedo rhino skin is also aplicable both to normal Rhino and Rhino prime ....PLEASE :)

• Upvote 3