Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Few bugs I have found

Eilyre

Hi, I'd like to bring out a few bugs I have found:

1) Mag's fourth skill (Crush) bugs every infection creature it affects, INCLUDING their boss, making them a pile of meat who does not move normally.

2) The planet Tessa bugs out. I have tried to do the boss twice, and both times I got to a room, where there was an elevator like hole in the ground in the middle of the empty room, which the objective being in the middle of the hole. As you jump down, you are trapped.

3) The boss on Everest. That one is just plain out creepy. The shield is two times higher than his health bar (And looks pretty terrible, because the shield bar goes out of the health bar one way out. It should be at least centralized, or made into two bars under each other). On top of that, he has ALOT of health. Like, really. We were doing it with three people, and found a way to bug it a bit, making a person run around it with a sword and others shooting at it. We used two of us used machineguns, and it had 1/3 health left, when we had used ALL of machinegun ammo on it, plus the one running around it has concentrated on melee fighting, so his sword had pretty good damage.

I think that boss HP should be reduced a bit, or given better loot for the effort. On top of that, it's shield should have a little timedown, so it does not start instantly regenerating after you damage it.

I'd include a few suggestions from my part aswell:

1) I believe, that the clan system should give some kind of bonus. As in, for an example, a 5% affinity booster, if you play with someone from your clan, or 5% damage to your most used weapon kind, etc. Just some kind of bonus, otherwise there is no point of having a clan system at all, the friend list would do good.

2) This is a big one, and cannot be complained about in the closed beta, but I believe we need way more environments than we have at this point of time. Maybe even new game modes. Maybe sometimes we could go onto planets, other times fight in outer space with ships or something.. or it will get repetetive for quite many people. And, we need more things to fight against.

3) This is a big one. I think we should have more diffirent weapons and actions. We need WAY more Melee combinations, and we would need some new interesting weapons aswell. (Crossbows, rocket launchers, chainguns, etc.) One easy way to increase the amount of Melee skills would be to add executions. The other is to add some kind melee to weapon actions (aka. you hit the dude two times, then kick him into the air, and then can aim for a headshot right after.)

These are pure out suggestions that I find, that would make the game more enjoyable for me, and maybe for others, and just sharing my point of view. Just for an even better game. Thanks.

There is no planet in our solar system named "Tessa".

He obviously meant the mission.

Some bosses have ridiculous shield recharge delays, literally under a quarter second before it's regenerating at about 200hp/s. This does need to be toned down a bit, it's just cheap.

But they are still being killed. If it's a question of "can you kill it on your own", that's a different matter - in my opinion, it's a boss. I don't like how the boss' shield recharge timer is so much lower than your own, but then again, soloing a boss should be really hard - otherwise, bosses would just be heavy enemies, more or less.

He obviously meant the mission.

I tried allowing for that, I don't see a mission named tessa either.

But they are still being killed. If it's a question of "can you kill it on your own", that's a different matter - in my opinion, it's a boss. I don't like how the boss' shield recharge timer is so much lower than your own, but then again, soloing a boss should be really hard - otherwise, bosses would just be heavy enemies, more or less.

The bosses are trivial to a group and an endurance check to solo players with cheap mechanics.

I am so sorry. I confused Fossa and Tessera. I meant the mission Fossa as the bugged one.

On top of that. I would like to explain myself with the boss critics:

I think that just putting through-the-ceiling HP or shield regeneration to make bosses harder is a bit too cheap. Rather improve the AI, make it use more weapons, even giving in diffirent forms would be better, but not just increasing stats. Right now the best way to kill it is just to bug it. And how do you see two players killing it? You need to farm it for Trinity..

The bosses are trivial to a group and an endurance check to solo players with cheap mechanics.

I think that just putting through-the-ceiling HP or shield regeneration to make bosses harder is a bit too cheap. Rather improve the AI, make it use more weapons, even giving in diffirent forms would be better, but not just increasing stats.

Reading my own post, I think I came off sounding rude. Sorry if that's the case - it wasn't my intent.

You're both right. I feel that the challenge offered by the bosses currently lie in pure numbers - which isn't much fun. Either you can do enough damage to kill it, or you can't. It's not a question of any real skill, just a question of "did you buy the required gear, and are you not missing more than half of the bullets you fire".

I really do like to be challenged, but by an actual challenge, not a threshhold.

Edited by NihilisticGoliath

Reading my own post, I think I came off sounding rude. Sorry if that's the case - it wasn't my intent.

You're both right. I feel that the challenge offered by the bosses currently lie in pure numbers - which isn't much fun. Either you can do enough damage to kill it, or you can't. It's not a question of any real skill, just a question of "did you buy the required gear, and are you not missing more than half of the bullets you fire".

I really do like to be challenged, but by an actual challenge, not a threshhold.

The best part for me is when I run into the bug where it doesn't display the damage you're doing/doesn't count the damage you're doing. If you play a 3 or 4 person mission and use a maxed out gorgon with fire rate mods, the game just goes "Eh, screw it" and ignores 13 out of your 15 shots per second. Makes killing a boss painful when your DPS is reduced by 88%.

The best part for me is when I run into the bug where it doesn't display the damage you're doing/doesn't count the damage you're doing. If you play a 3 or 4 person mission and use a maxed out gorgon with fire rate mods, the game just goes "Eh, screw it" and ignores 13 out of your 15 shots per second. Makes killing a boss painful when your DPS is reduced by 88%.

is there a fight log or how do you know you miss 13 of 15 - just curious no offense ;o)

(still new here and try to find out how i do more dmg and how much)

is there a fight log or how do you know you miss 13 of 15 - just curious no offense ;o)

(still new here and try to find out how i do more dmg and how much)

Well, when you're standing in the boss's face point blank and the gun has revved up and is firing at its maximum cyclical rate and you're zoomed in on his upper body, and you only see one or two damage numbers every second, it's a good indicator something is being lost between the clients.

The mission with Jackal bugs when someone jumps down the elevator hole when the entire group hasn't reached the boss room. I think the problem is the shaft is deep enough to count as a lower floor so it no longer counts you as being in that room anymore if you jump down it.