Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

Just a reminder in case you do decide to change the name, Chlora is the name of one of Saryn's alternate helmets.

Those gifs of the abilities though.. We need some DE action in this thread. We gon' make this happen!

ah yes i knew it sounded too familiar lol! 

looked up some more things to possibly use as a name and found Spora, Phyta, Phytoid(sounds too much like hydroid), Thylak, and Graft. i really have no idea what else i could possibly name this thing.

if you have anything else to make out of the word Botanical or some form of it that'd be sweet.

Edited by MrPigman

Khloris (Chloris) is the name of the nymph Goddess of flowers in Greek mythology. You could do what DE likes to do and change the spelling to Kloris.

Also happens to be the Greek equivalent of the Roman Goddess, Flora. This site has some interesting information on her: http://www.theoi.com/Nymphe/NympheKhloris.html

I found Flora to be a fitting name from the start personally, but Kloris (Khloris; Chloris) isn't so bad either.

Khloris (Chloris) is the name of the nymph Goddess of flowers in Greek mythology. You could do what DE likes to do and change the spelling to Kloris.

Also happens to be the Greek equivalent of the Roman Goddess, Flora. This site has some interesting information on her: http://www.theoi.com/Nymphe/NympheKhloris.html

I found Flora to be a fitting name from the start personally, but Kloris (Khloris; Chloris) isn't so bad either.

interesting. I didnt really see flora as a bad name either however variety is always nice. Kloris is a good name though!

This just gets more amazing by the day! I love all the work you have done and the fact that you take all critiques into consideration.

Btw I love the alternate colors you put up, but one comment. does anyone else besides me get a RWBY feeling off them xD that's not a bad thing. It's an amazing thing cause I love RWBY xD

This just gets more amazing by the day! I love all the work you have done and the fact that you take all critiques into consideration.

Btw I love the alternate colors you put up, but one comment. does anyone else besides me get a RWBY feeling off them xD that's not a bad thing. It's an amazing thing cause I love RWBY xD

thankyou! if i didnt take everything into consideration then it would be less liked and after all the goal is not to make a warframe for me, but for the entire warframe community so it only makes sense to change it so it will be more liked. plus a lot of people have had some good ideas!

I dont know what RWBY is! lol

Can i just say i adore your artwork? CX Maybe I'll aspire to your level of artsyness one day lol

Seems like a nice overall frame... im a dummy when it comes to stats so sorry i cant really give any useful input.

Otherwisr im watching this thread. C:

Can i just say i adore your artwork? CX Maybe I'll aspire to your level of artsyness one day lol

Seems like a nice overall frame... im a dummy when it comes to stats so sorry i cant really give any useful input.

Otherwisr im watching this thread. C:

well thanks! Such Flatter wow!

anyways, Im working on the interactive helmet currently and then ill add some extra concept art for funzies.

glad you enjoy Flora!

Apart from few things, this may be the best plant themed frame at the moment.

The first power : if target has no armor (corpus and infected) I have some ideas : finisher damages (it gets into the enemy so it fits well) or Poison damage and proc (for obvious reasons) and then the seed develop and root them in place. Otherwise this power has no interest against other enemies

The fourth power : just an idea, having it replaced by an instant power : the roots raise from the ground, ensnare the targets, and deals a 50/50 mix of punctures and slash (but the idea of having it following you is more original)

And finally the Prime : the Prime warframes are mostly black, not white, and make the petals on the head slightly bigger, so that the top of her head looks more like the center part of a flower

Apart from few things, this may be the best plant themed frame at the moment.

The first power : if target has no armor (corpus and infected) I have some ideas : finisher damages (it gets into the enemy so it fits well) or Poison damage and proc (for obvious reasons) and then the seed develop and root them in place. Otherwise this power has no interest against other enemies

The fourth power : just an idea, having it replaced by an instant power : the roots raise from the ground, ensnare the targets, and deals a 50/50 mix of punctures and slash (but the idea of having it following you is more original)

And finally the Prime : the Prime warframes are mostly black, not white, and make the petals on the head slightly bigger, so that the top of her head looks more like the center part of a flower

Well if they have no armor the second part kicks in which makes them take more damage in general. the idea behind the skill was to turn even those pesky grineer into the same as corpus and infested with little to no armor, and then amp the damage they take. As much as i'd like to make finishers do more damage it doesnt fit well into this warframe, considering she even has a skill to make people get further away from her. she is close ranged but not melee. as for the toxic damage, i wanted her 1 to be all utility so that even in later missions it will be helpful and so that she will rely on her weapons for damage.

4: that was originally considered, but i wanted her to be pretty mobile and able to shift with the battlefield, a stationary 4 is not ideal for that. plus something like that would be too similar to other warframe abilities. why bother with that when both oberon and rhino have very similar skills?

what do you mean make the petals bigger? taller? wider? just make her head big?

First ability i would change.

40 meter!?

Thats the whole map. 

But NICE ! I would LOVE to see this coming ingame!

I think also the power / Armour / Healt is too much for DE to release it like this

wasnt sure on distances haha took rip lines range lol.

stats were discussed earlier in the comments. armor is 65 making her take quite a lot of damage, shield is lower to make up for the health total. power is also pretty low. I'm planning on making a comparative stat section.

wasnt sure on distances haha took rip lines range lol.

stats were discussed earlier in the comments. armor is 65 making her take quite a lot of damage, shield is lower to make up for the health total. power is also pretty low. I'm planning on making a comparative stat section.

Goodluck (:

Would really love this frame, Btw, Why'd you make a prime version of it already? :P

Then ( if it comes tho ) U would still have to wait till 2016 or something before it ( eventually ) Would come 

Goodluck (:

Would really love this frame, Btw, Why'd you make a prime version of it already? :P

Then ( if it comes tho ) U would still have to wait till 2016 or something before it ( eventually ) Would come 

as I've said before it's to show potential for the frame! While i wouldnt expect a prime of it at anytime soon or this year for that matter, I like to show that Flora can integrate into the game perfectly! I have to make sure she look warframe-y and feels as if she would fit right in. also why i have the archwing, syandana, and sugatra.

Edited by MrPigman

thankyou! if i didnt take everything into consideration then it would be less liked and after all the goal is not to make a warframe for me, but for the entire warframe community so it only makes sense to change it so it will be more liked. plus a lot of people have had some good ideas!

I dont know what RWBY is! lol

Very true

and it's a web cartoon I like done  by RoosterTeeth ( if you have ever seen Red VS Blue its those guys xD)

Well if they have no armor the second part kicks in which makes them take more damage in general. the idea behind the skill was to turn even those pesky grineer into the same as corpus and infested with little to no armor, and then amp the damage they take. As much as i'd like to make finishers do more damage it doesnt fit well into this warframe, considering she even has a skill to make people get further away from her. she is close ranged but not melee. as for the toxic damage, i wanted her 1 to be all utility so that even in later missions it will be helpful and so that she will rely on her weapons for damage.

4: that was originally considered, but i wanted her to be pretty mobile and able to shift with the battlefield, a stationary 4 is not ideal for that. plus something like that would be too similar to other warframe abilities. why bother with that when both oberon and rhino have very similar skills?

what do you mean make the petals bigger? taller? wider? just make her head big?

I see your point ^^ about 4th power, less damage but longer immobilisation. But for a mobile frame your idea is better, but true that 40 meters ingame is HUGE. 30meters at most. Or maybe 20 meters for all target and up to 30 for LoS ? that'd be a nice balance imo.

About the petal, a bit taller, and something that envelop more the head, so that it looks like an actual flower, and the top of the head would have something like mag's helmet but in a more ... flower theme ;)

EDIT : http://www.freemages.fr/album/nature/tulipe_macro.jpg so that you see what I have in mind ;)

Edited by Feuershark

Very true

and it's a web cartoon I like done  by RoosterTeeth ( if you have ever seen Red VS Blue its those guys xD)

i see

I see your point ^^ about 4th power, less damage but longer immobilisation. But for a mobile frame your idea is better, but true that 40 meters ingame is HUGE. 30meters at most. Or maybe 20 meters for all target and up to 30 for LoS ? that'd be a nice balance imo.

About the petal, a bit taller, and something that envelop more the head, so that it looks like an actual flower, and the top of the head would have something like mag's helmet but in a more ... flower theme ;)

EDIT : http://www.freemages.fr/album/nature/tulipe_macro.jpg so that you see what I have in mind ;)

i reduced the range on lignify to 15 to promote close ranged play.

as for the head i was aiming more for something like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Rose_bud.jpg than a flower

but i see your point

I didn't know which flower you based the looks on

Animation of verdance : knife hand fist into the ground, like planting a monstrous seed in the ground ? a bit like Ember's World On Fire

No flower in specific, just plants in general. 

i like the idea of that animation! maybe ill do some cast animation gifs!

Good concept, I totally would play with this frame :)

+1 

lots of detail, great idea!

Thank you! :)

I actually really, really like how she is a whole head shorter than excal. A tiny Frame like that sounds freaking awesome. 

Remove the dome part on the top of the helm and leave it "groot" style i'd totally buy this

It is a helmet though. A head needs to be inside.