The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tyl Regor Rework= Infested Alad V ?

dashashou

with 16 coming soon and the game being more punishing than ever ( maby not up-8 when your have to money buy forma ) 

Anyone else afraid that Tyl Regor rework will just be  a Multist - alad V in full corpus clothes   -  another boss with alert only - 3 runs required before you can assembled  one key and a grind gate sky high ?   

If he's keywalled, I would be orced to buy the frame that he drops, I don't have the patience to farm the keys anymore :/

I say this understanding the possiility that he most likely will either be keywalled or part of a lengthy-ish quest

Edited by Somedude1000

If he's keywalled, I would be orced to buy the frame that he drops, I don't have the patience to farm the keys anymore :/

I say this understanding the possiility that he most likely will either be keywalled or part of a lengthy-ish quest

yeah same... i dont even bother going to those bosses anymore.

What DE really ought to do is separate access to the boss from access to the loot. 

For example: Move Vay Hek back onto Everest on Earth. Players can fight him as often as they want for the experience. However, they can craft a triangulator beacon as per the norm. Players must be carrying a beacon with them (sort of the way Eyes of Blight worked) in order to receive a Hydroid part at the end of the run. 

It wouldn't really solve the problems people have with keygating Warframes, but at least the effort that went into the boss reworks wouldn't be as wasted. I'm sick of "This boss is being reworked" translating into "prepare to never play this boss ever again after you acquire the relevant Warframe."

Tyl Regor got a completely new rework with the underwater tileset and is speculated to come at update 16 along with a new frame, in which the Devs said "Will blow the minds of veteran players." Thus speculating that the new frame parts will drop from Tyl Regor himself.

Then again it is all speculation...
(But my hype train is ready.)

With how things are with Hydroid and Mesa, boss revisions brought nothing but more grind and more obstacles to beat in order to obtain new content.

I wouldn't put it past DE to continue the tradition. After all, they're possibly introducing a new tileset, and it may be locked behind a keywall. Remember Tetha? New tileset locked behind a key. That is, until the event ended.

Edited by SurrealEdge

What DE really ought to do is separate access to the boss from access to the loot. 

For example: Move Vay Hek back onto Everest on Earth. Players can fight him as often as they want for the experience. However, they can craft a triangulator beacon as per the norm. Players must be carrying a beacon with them (sort of the way Eyes of Blight worked) in order to receive a Hydroid part at the end of the run. 

It wouldn't really solve the problems people have with keygating Warframes, but at least the effort that went into the boss reworks wouldn't be as wasted. I'm sick of "This boss is being reworked" translating into "prepare to never play this boss ever again after you acquire the relevant Warframe."

Exactly THIS.

I doubt it. As I see it, we already have a keylocked Grineer boss - Vay Hek - and, imo, to lock another boss behind keys (especially without providing a replacement) would be a horrible move on DE's part.

One keylocked boss and a keylocked planet per faction is all we really ought have, imo.

That's a pretty good idea (although, really, Vay Hek's the only boss to receive the "rework = this" treatment).

Edited by Morec0

That's a pretty good idea (although, really, Vay Hek's the only boss to receive the "rework = this" treatment).

J3Golem disagrees with you. Even though they say now he's gonna be "comic back". Originally lephantis was supposed to be j3 replacement. Heck when he was firt imemented he didn't even have the name lephantis it was j3000 golem or something like that.

Edited by Brontolith

DE doesn't seem to understand that key grindwalls are bad. Simple as that. After the Vay Hek incident, the Mutalist Alad V key was proof. Especially since they didn't just make Alad V an assassinate on Eris when Eris currently has no boss. I can kinda understand Earth cause its the tutorial and all...but not Alad V. Alad V's keywall is amazingly horrible.

I fully expect the chain of incredibly bad boss rework decisions to continue with the Tyl Regor rework.

Edited by Samoth95

J3Golem disagrees with you. Even though they say now he's gonna be "comic back". Originally lephantis was supposed to be j3 replacement. Heck when he was firt imemented he didn't even have the name lephantis it was j3000 golem or something like that.

Arguable: given that J3 will now be returning as its own character (name and all) I consider Lephantis it's own, new character and not simply a rework of a previously existing one.

EDIT: Not to mention Lephantis came with the Derelict, which causes be to label him under the "keylocked planet" phase of my idea.

Edited by Morec0

If the last few updates have been indication, Tyl Regor will require you to kill Grineer Experiments who spawn once every 50 Uranus missions for a chance of 5% at a Laboratory Signal and you require 10 to craft the key, which is obtained by doing a quest of 8 Sabotages with level 40 enemies who have 2x damage.

Each key spent has a 30% chance of being a part with 2% for Systems, and a 70% chance for no reward.

Edited by Blackout751

Arguable: given that J3 will now be returning as its own character (name and all) I consider Lephantis it's own, new character and not simply a rework of a previously existing one.

EDIT: Not to mention Lephantis came with the Derelict, which causes be to label him under the "keylocked planet" phase of my idea.

Okay, let me reword. I'm sick of new bosses being stuck behind crafted keys that oftentimes take them out of consideration for running again once you have the Warframe that they drop. (Whether or not the boss is technically a "re-work.")

This means I'm counting Lephantis (Though I understand where you're coming from on that one, and I don't disagree...), Vay Hek, and Mutalist Alad V.

I want new content to be placed somewhere that is placed tangibly on the star chart. It's easy to forget about keys, and the key-locked content is arguably some of DE's best. I feel like they're only harming themselves by not showing off their best work.

Okay, let me reword. I'm sick of new bosses being stuck behind crafted keys that oftentimes take them out of consideration for running again once you have the Warframe that they drop. (Whether or not the boss is technically a "re-work.")

This means I'm counting Lephantis (Though I understand where you're coming from on that one, and I don't disagree...), Vay Hek, and Mutalist Alad V.

I want new content to be placed somewhere that is placed tangibly on the star chart. It's easy to forget about keys, and the key-locked content is arguably some of DE's best. I feel like they're only harming themselves by not showing off their best work.

And I'll agree that such a thing ISN'T something that should be overdone.

However, as I've said elsewhere, I have no problem with the implementation of a 1-keylocked boss and 1-keylocked planet for each faction. I.E.:

Infested: Boss - Mutalist Alad, Planet - Orokin Derelict

Grineer: Boss - Councilor Vay Hek, Planet - The Moon/Luna (based on my interpretation of where the Twin Queens are)

Corpus: Boss - Not a clue (maybe Frohd Bek?), Planet - Also not a clue (maybe the Relay around Pluto the Corpus are currently rebuilding or the Corpus capital where the Board is?)

And I'll agree that such a thing ISN'T something that should be overdone.

However, as I've said elsewhere, I have no problem with the implementation of a 1-keylocked boss and 1-keylocked planet for each faction. I.E.:

Infested: Boss - Mutalist Alad, Planet - Orokin Derelict

Grineer: Boss - Councilor Vay Hek, Planet - The Moon/Luna (based on my interpretation of where the Twin Queens are)

Corpus: Boss - Not a clue (maybe Frohd Bek?), Planet - Also not a clue (maybe the Relay around Pluto the Corpus are currently rebuilding or the Corpus capital where the Board is?)

Okay, that's fine, but I'd rather they started with the actual normal content on the solar chart, given that the normal content being considered lacking was one of the reasons behind the boss reworks to begin with.

Okay, that's fine, but I'd rather they started with the actual normal content on the solar chart, given that the normal content being considered lacking was one of the reasons behind the boss reworks to begin with.

Aye, and I do agree that if you're going to have a keylocked boss on a planet they need to not be the ONLY BOSS on that planet - hell, I think it would be awesome to have a regular boss node on Earth that signals you to attack Councilor Vay Hek, but when you get to his boss arena he rockets off and you have to fight, like, he four personal bodyguards or something.

And with J3 returning to Eris, I see this as something DE might be moving towards.

This is why they keep keywalling bosses!!!! Stop it. Stop giving in to their s***** tactics. Don't give them money for keywalled items.

While I couldn't agree with you more, DE makes it very difficult not to do such things for warframes hidden behind grindwalls, hidden behind keywalls, hidden behind timewalls. Mesa is probably the first Warframe that I've ever been inclined to outright purchase with plat and it seems like DE has no plans to change this tradition. If it's something like Limbo or Mirage, then I'm fine with that. But if they do anything that is the equivalent to Mesa's grindwall or worse, it's going to be quite difficult to not just outright purchase the next Warframe.

If anyone if going to be "blown away" by this new warframe, chances are nothing will blow people's minds more than the grindwall he will probably be behind lol.

In a perfect world (no, not that kind of perfect world) bosses would each be at the end of a quest crammed full of lore about them, their respective zone and a bit of over-arching backstory.

It would start as you unlock a planet and gradually expand as you work through it, bringing each area of the game to life and giving you the various components of each Warframe as you progress. Finally, at the end of a planet, you'd be faced with the boss that's been one step ahead of you the whole time, mocking and taunting you at every opportunity. An awesome fight would then ensue and, once complete, you're given the final part to whatever Warframe drops from the planet.

It's almost as if this gives us lore, immersion, clear progression and reduces RNG grind on top of everything else.

In a perfect world (no, not that kind of perfect world) bosses would each be at the end of a quest crammed full of lore about them, their respective zone and a bit of over-arching backstory.

It would start as you unlock a planet and gradually expand as you work through it, bringing each area of the game to life and giving you the various components of each Warframe as you progress. Finally, at the end of a planet, you'd be faced with the boss that's been one step ahead of you the whole time, mocking and taunting you at every opportunity. An awesome fight would then ensue and, once complete, you're given the final part to whatever Warframe drops from the planet.

It's almost as if this gives us lore, immersion, clear progression and reduces RNG grind on top of everything else.

So basically, what the tutorial missions were? I completely agree with you. I never understood why DE decided to abandon that approach. Mind you, I had already been playing the game for several months before they introduced the tutorial missions, but when I played them just for fun, it felt so awesome. The game had a level of immersion that had been absent for some time. There's no real sense of progression with bosses anymore. You just do a bunch of random missions, unlock the boss node, then kill said boss. The way that the progression went with the tutorial missions with Vor was very well done.

You encounter him for the first time, trying desperately to stay alive, being hopelessly outclassed, venturing to specific parts of the map as you receive a myriad of taunts from him and informative/instructional transmissions from Lotus, go to other nodes for specific missions learning more about the boss, then finally you take him down when you have gained enough power and knowledge to do so. THAT is how bosses needs to be, I really wish DE stuck with that.