The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tyl Regor Rework= Infested Alad V ?

dashashou

So basically, what the tutorial missions were? I completely agree with you. I never understood why DE decided to abandon that approach. Mind you, I had already been playing the game for several months before they introduced the tutorial missions, but when I played them just for fun, it felt so awesome. The game had a level of immersion that had been absent for some time. There's no real sense of progression with bosses anymore. You just do a bunch of random missions, unlock the boss node, then kill said boss. The way that the progression went with the tutorial missions with Vor was very well done.

You encounter him for the first time, trying desperately to stay alive, being hopelessly outclassed, venturing to specific parts of the map as you receive a myriad of taunts from him and informative/instructional transmissions from Lotus, go to other nodes for specific missions learning more about the boss, then finally you take him down when you have gained enough power and knowledge to do so. THAT is how bosses needs to be, I really wish DE stuck with that.

I'm hoping that they return to it at some point - hell, I feel that such a thing would be the PERFECT way to incorporate a lot of the older events.

Imagine a replay of Gradivus (well, one that's streamlined based on the lore that happened): you ally with the Grineer against the Corpus because of what Alad V is doing in his labs to track him down and end him, and once that's done you work with Frohd Bek's faction to kill Ruk to preserve the balance.

But if they do anything that is the equivalent to Mesa's grindwall or worse, it's going to be quite difficult to not just outright purchase the next Warframe.

As an older player, I said the same thing about Nekros. It's not fun. I have no problem waiting a week and having to work at getting a new frame. I also have no problem with a little RNG. The problem comes when you put up 3 walls.

3 is the magic number. Most frames have 1 or 2 walls.

Normal boss frames have 1 wall: RNG

Vauban has 2. Time and RNG. But the part is guaranteed to drop.

Nova wasn't bad once the bugged drops were fixed.

When Nekros was released, he had 3 walls, a triple-stack of RNG, and the community was mad. In a perfect match, you did 6 normal missions to get 3 keys to do 3 derelict missions to get 1 key to do 1 boss attempt for 1 RNG piece. Horrible, but little did we know it would get worse.

Valkyr had an event tied to her release. This, imo, was the best way to release a warframe. It probably took the most work, but it was all up to the community as a whole to unlock Alad V. Imagine if for this latest archwing event, each time we saved a relay, we got a step closer to unlocking Itzal. People would have grinded a lot harder to make sure the relays survived, and all the while, platinum buyers could have bought Itzal ahead of time to feel special.

Oberon was too easy. He got shoved into the game when Hek was still old Hek. Most people got him in less than 10 uninteresting run-throughs.

Zephyr (was?) is clan tech. Zzzzz

Hydroid. Guess what? You thought Nekros was bad? Here comes New Vay Hek. Oh god, do I really need to explain? Even now the keys are still a pain in the butt to get.

Mirage. It took 4 players to properly obtain Mirage, it also had a time wall. Other than that, it was fair and engaging.

Limbo. Initially I hated the RNG during the excavate missions, but again, it was only 2 walls: RNG and Time. Compared to Hydroid, Nekros, and Mesa, it was an enjoyable experience.

Mesa. Time wall x3 RNG wall x1. It would be a whole different story if each invasion dropped 1 whole key, but they split it up into 3 parts, and then added a weighted RNG (prove me wrong) scale to make sure that you get at least 2-10 duplicates. This did nothing but hurt the community. This type of boss encourages under-handed behavior. People were lying to join keyshares. It's overall the worse boss to date imo.

I'm hoping that they return to it at some point - hell, I feel that such a thing would be the PERFECT way to incorporate a lot of the older events.

Imagine a replay of Gradivus (well, one that's streamlined based on the lore that happened): you ally with the Grineer against the Corpus because of what Alad V is doing in his labs to track him down and end him, and once that's done you work with Frohd Bek's faction to kill Ruk to preserve the balance.

Indeed. I would gladly replay the older bosses, if DE decided to give them all this treatment. I think a lot of us Tenno just want an actual reason to fight these bosses beyond simply acquiring the corresponding Warframe parts. Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination. Current boss designs follow the opposite of that premise. 

As an older player, I said the same thing about Nekros. It's not fun. I have no problem waiting a week and having to work at getting a new frame. I also have no problem with a little RNG. The problem comes when you put up 3 walls.

3 is the magic number. Most frames have 1 or 2 walls.

Normal boss frames have 1 wall: RNG

Vauban has 2. Time and RNG. But the part is guaranteed to drop.

Nova wasn't bad once the bugged drops were fixed.

When Nekros was released, he had 3 walls, a triple-stack of RNG, and the community was mad. In a perfect match, you did 6 normal missions to get 3 keys to do 3 derelict missions to get 1 key to do 1 boss attempt for 1 RNG piece. Horrible, but little did we know it would get worse.

Valkyr had an event tied to her release. This, imo, was the best way to release a warframe. It probably took the most work, but it was all up to the community as a whole to unlock Alad V. Imagine if for this latest archwing event, each time we saved a relay, we got a step closer to unlocking Itzal. People would have grinded a lot harder to make sure the relays survived, and all the while, platinum buyers could have bought Itzal ahead of time to feel special.

Oberon was too easy. He got shoved into the game when Hek was still old Hek. Most people got him in less than 10 uninteresting run-throughs.

Zephyr (was?) is clan tech. Zzzzz

Hydroid. Guess what? You thought Nekros was bad? Here comes New Vay Hek. Oh god, do I really need to explain? Even now the keys are still a pain in the butt to get.

Mirage. It took 4 players to properly obtain Mirage, it also had a time wall. Other than that, it was fair and engaging.

Limbo. Initially I hated the RNG during the excavate missions, but again, it was only 2 walls: RNG and Time. Compared to Hydroid, Nekros, and Mesa, it was an enjoyable experience.

Mesa. Time wall x3 RNG wall x1. It would be a whole different story if each invasion dropped 1 whole key, but they split it up into 3 parts, and then added a weighted RNG (prove me wrong) scale to make sure that you get at least 2-10 duplicates. This did nothing but hurt the community. This type of boss encourages under-handed behavior. People were lying to join keyshares. It's overall the worse boss to date imo.

Precisely. No warframe should ever have more than 2 walls in front of it. 3 or more is just torture. Even though Mirage took a full team to acquire, we at least gained some lore along the way which made it feel a bit more tolerable. As you said Nekros, Hydroid and especially Mesa are absolutely abysmal as far as the amount of walls they are behind. Although I think Nekros was the least frustrating of the three by far.

All I want from Regor is an epic melee fight, and him to introduce much stronger Grineer units. 

I do not care if he his behind a key wall or any of that. 

I just can't do another hydro/ vay hek or a mesa / m- Alad V  , Just can't GRIND HARD , for another lower tier  frame that 's going to be just master fodder .  

as well as the fallout  where a  month or at most two  latter -  no one is running those bosses  / key sharing  so u didn't grind hard and key share the first 2 weeks  good luck getting those frames now  

I hope it's gonna be like Mirage quest... that was a good one.

Anyway if it's like Mesa or Hidroid i may simply buy the frame and then relax and visit the boss when i'm comfortable without that horrible feeling of haste.

It would be the 2nd frame i'd ever buy, the 1st being Frost 1 week after becoming a founder/played the game

I hope it isn't behind a keywall. Just a simple epic boss fight like what other games have is all I hope for. I've never bothered with Vay Hek and Alad V due to the trouble of getting the keys and mumbo jumbo to fight them.

I find it extremely wrong that I can just continue to ignore these bosses and lose out on experiencing these boss fights they have worked on just cause of the keywall. 

I seriously don't get how 1 boss that is hidden by alerts somehow = other bosses being hidden entirely by alerts.

Because it's becoming a theme.  Lephanits introduced, hidden behind key wall. Hek reworked, taken off of Earth's main nodes, and put behind a bigger key wall.  Rotten Salad introduced, hidden behind keywall based on alerts.

Edited by Xeo_Nespydonum

The reworked Tyl Regor won´t drop Ash, reworked bosses always drops the new frame.

Hmmmmmm.... All bosses who look like placeholders will be reworked. Not every reworked boss will have brand new frames attached to them. You might say it because Hek & his "additional-grind" keys did for Oberon.(only available through eximus units slaughter now)

Furthermore,Vor & Sargas Ruk haven't changed their drops!Their appearance however....

From

General-Sargas-Ruk-Warframe.png to GeneralSargasRukFK.png

but still drops parts of

EmberImmortel.png

I don't completely think you'd be wrong though. Where could Ash go if his parts aren't dropped by Regor then? :/

I think that there's 75% chance that the new guy will come via a quest.

Edited by unknow99

what i dont get is why de locks thier hard work behind keywalls anyway

i have fourght vay shrek twice, its a fun fight, much better than the others, but the only thing that makes it memorible (in a bad way) is the horrible 2 day long grind before you fight him. same with the infested salad, although i havent played him

What DE really ought to do is separate access to the boss from access to the loot. 

For example: Move Vay Hek back onto Everest on Earth. Players can fight him as often as they want for the experience. However, they can craft a triangulator beacon as per the norm. Players must be carrying a beacon with them (sort of the way Eyes of Blight worked) in order to receive a Hydroid part at the end of the run. 

It wouldn't really solve the problems people have with keygating Warframes, but at least the effort that went into the boss reworks wouldn't be as wasted. I'm sick of "This boss is being reworked" translating into "prepare to never play this boss ever again after you acquire the relevant Warframe."

YOU ARE A GENIUS