Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do You Get More Overall Experience When Leeching Rather Than From Your Own Performance?

Enfo

I've been wondering for quite awhile why this is the case.

I can sit back in a mission and leech the whole game while my friends go ham and get tons of experience for everything in my arsenal and have all slots leveled from 1-30 in 6-7 rounds on Draco.

Yet, when i go all out and outperform everyone by a huge amount i end up with way less overall experience, and i need to do way more rounds to max out every slot.

Why should you be rewarded more for leeching rather than hard work, and is this the intended case?

Could be the difference between killing things with your frame powers versus your weapons. When an ally kills something the xp is shared evenly,  but when your frame kills things it gets most (if not all?) of the xp, same for your weapons.

You get the same amount of Affinity no matter what happens. The difference is how it is distributed.

If you get a kill with a weapon 50% goes to your frame and 50% goes to the weapon.

If you get a kill with your frame 100% goes to your frame.

If an ally gets a kill 25% goes to your frame and 75% is spread between your weapons.

You get the same amount of Affinity no matter what happens. The difference is how it is distributed.

If you get a kill with a weapon 50% goes to your frame and 50% goes to the weapon.

If you get a kill with your frame 100% goes to your frame.

If an ally gets a kill 25% goes to your frame and 75% is spread between your weapons.

The funny thing about this is that if you're only carrying one weapon then your weapon gains more xp from a teammate's kills than your own (50/50 split between your frame and weapon for your own kill, 25/75 split between your frame and weapon for an ally's kills).