Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee's Sounds

(NSW)123er432

Banshee is a pretty well rounded frame I'd say, with good overall stats and 3 good abilities (looking at you silence). But there is one glaring problem with her that really needs to be addressed.

Her sound effects, especially for the Frame that is all about sound, are way too quiet/generic.

Below, I will post some suggestions for different sound effects for her abilities. Feel free to post your own suggestions

Sonic Boom:

Current sound effect: 

Suggested Sound effect: 

Sonar:

Current sound effect: 

Suggested sound effect (Only one or maybe two pulses needed): 

Silence: Actually, this sound effect (IMO) is fine.

Sound Quake:

Current sound effect: 

Suggested sound effect: This one is harder to place, but loud pulses of actual noise would be a HUGE improvement.

Overall, I think that these or other changes to her sound effects would contribute greatly to Banshee's overall theme and make her much more satisfying to use.

Sound Quake:

Current sound effect: 

Suggested sound effect: This one is harder to place, but loud pulses of actual noise would be a HUGE improvement.

For Sound Quake, it should be pulses of the Inception "BRRRRRRRMMMM."

Edited by Endrian

As I said in another, similar thread;

For the de facto sonic warframe, Banshee's audio is kinda... disappointing.

You could either go the route of making Sonic Boom and Sound Quake more banshee-ish, with screeches and shrieks, or you could lean towards making use of dissonant audio and feedback loops and such, perhaps something similar to this;

Personally, while Sonar could perhaps use a change, it's not that big an issue, for me, at least.

I agree! Please please please please please at least change the sound of Banshee's Sonic Boom! The entire reason I wanted to get Banshee is because I've always loved that fantasy creature. At least change the sound of sonic boom to an ear-piercing, terrifying screech. It's the entire point of her being called a banshee!!! If you do, you may as well change the skill name to something along the lines of Sonic Screech/Scream.

Please do this, I'm a huge fan of the banshee/wailing spirit concept, and I was super excited to play this warframe until I found out what Sonic Boom sounded like. :'O