Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Failed / Cannot Connect? Read Me! Ps4 Troubleshooting

[DE]Drew

If you are having trouble connecting to Warframe, please try the solutions below before posting a report:

- Check your Downloads on your PS4 to make sure you are not downloading a PS4 or Warframe update:

Go to Notifications>Downloads

- Check to make sure PSN is online:
http://status.playstation.com/en-us/

- Check to make sure Warframe is not currently experiencing difficulties:

We try to post a notice on the forums and/or social media as soon as we know there is an issue with our servers. 

- Power Cycle your Modem and Router:

1. Turn off your PS4.
2. Turn off your modem and router then unplug them.

3. Wait at least 30 seconds. 

4. Plug your modem back in, turn it on, and wait for it to boot up.

5. Plug your router back in, turn it on, and wait for it to boot up.

6. Turn on your PS4, wait for it to connect to your network, then open Warframe.

- Switch to Google's public DNS: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

The PS4's DNS settings can be found under Settings>Network>Set Up Internet Connections>Choose either Wifi or Lan>Custom

- Reinstall Warframe:
Scroll to Warframe, click the "options" button, then select "delete". Then, you will need to reinstall Warframe from the PlayStation Store.

- Initialize PS4:

This option should be a last resort, because it erases data on the PS4. You can find this option under Settings>Initialization>Initialize PS4

If those options do not help, you can also contact Warframe Support, and we'll help you as quickly as possible:

http://support.warframe.com

Also, just to add to this little guide!

Warning:  The following probably won't, but it "CAN" cause corrupt Data/Loss of save files etc... but never has for me, and I do it religiously upon each update that we receive on PS4 for Warframe - and I would do it even if I did not play Warframe, as I have noticed various performance improvements with my PSN Chat/ Friends list, and just general load time improvements overall in other games as well (from graphic intensive "online only" games like Destiny to alot more simple offline games such as Don't Starve) from doing it. 

=====

What I'm talking about above is an option that the PS4 has when booted into safe mode called "Rebuild Database".

If following the above steps that DEDrew posted above in the OP, you would want to do this AFTER you reinstall Warframe and BEFORE you would Initialize your PS4.

Also, if you plan on reinitializing or initializing your PS4, you might as well not do this, as this is just a shorter, quicker way, that 99.9999% of the time won't mess up any of your data, but could potentially solve any problems that reinitializing would.  (You don't lose any PS4 settings or preferences when Rebuilding the Database, where as when you Initialize the PS4, you definitely have to re-setup some things I believe.)

Rebuilding the Database takes almost no time (I will say 5 minutes MAX just to be safe, but usually about 30 seconds to 1 minute for me.)

Steps:

1. Make sure you have your Dualshock 4 Controller conncted directly to the PS4 via it's USB charger/connector cable. (The PS4 cannot detect the controller wirelessly while in safe mode)

2. Power the PS4 all the way off, wait 20- 30 seconds or so.

3. While the system is completely off, hold the power button until you hear it beep twice.  To Clarify: It will beep once the moment your thumb hits the power button.  Continue to hold your thumb on the power button until you hear it beep again.  (Usually after about 4-5 seconds)

4. If done correctly, your PS4 will put you at a menu screen with several options (7 or so).  One of them is "Rebuild Database"

5. Select "Rebuild Database

Then you are done!

This should only take a minute or so, the PS4 will do it's thing, and this essentially creates a fresh database for all of the PS4's files etc... (from what I understand). You may see your TV flash a few times as the PS4 will restart itself after the process is complete.  

If successful, the ps4 should automatically re-boot itself normally all on it's own, and you should be able to go right back to what you were doing, hopefully with improved performance!

(You can unplug your controller now)  :-)  

I Hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...

I have been experiencing issues logging in.

I keep on getting the message "Unable to connect".

I tried the above steps, however, I still cant connect.

I have submitted a a ticket and no one has responded.

Seems like no one is responding. Edited by (PS4)JHEDDAl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At this point I've spent quite a good amount of cash on Warframe(around $500). I have no objection to paying for a service I use and love dearly, however this issue of being locked out of my account is really bothering me.  When I lost my gear cuz void crashes during update 12- it didn't bother me. When i killed stalker and defense mission would not extract with my despair bp-I was upset but kept on truckin. When4 out of the  5 mutalist hour plus runs I did during Alad's corrupted event crashed completely- I said 'at least I had 1 on the leaderboards.'.   But now I can't even play a solo run on a game that I've invested more in than the PS4 I play it on!!!!! I may be taking my business elsewhere DE. 

At this point I've spent quite a good amount of cash on Warframe(around $500). I have no objection to paying for a service I use and love dearly, however this issue of being locked out of my account is really bothering me.  When I lost my gear cuz void crashes during update 12- it didn't bother me. When i killed stalker and defense mission would not extract with my despair bp-I was upset but kept on truckin. When4 out of the  5 mutalist hour plus runs I did during Alad's corrupted event crashed completely- I said 'at least I had 1 on the leaderboards.'.   But now I can't even play a solo run on a game that I've invested more in than the PS4 I play it on!!!!! I may be taking my business elsewhere DE. 

-snip-

• 1 month later...

Also, just to add to this little guide!

Warning:  The following probably won't, but it "CAN" cause corrupt Data/Loss of save files etc... but never has for me, and I do it religiously upon each update that we receive on PS4 for Warframe - and I would do it even if I did not play Warframe, as I have noticed various performance improvements with my PSN Chat/ Friends list, and just general load time improvements overall in other games as well (from graphic intensive "online only" games like Destiny to alot more simple offline games such as Don't Starve) from doing it. 

=====

What I'm talking about above is an option that the PS4 has when booted into safe mode called "Rebuild Database".

If following the above steps that DEDrew posted above in the OP, you would want to do this AFTER you reinstall Warframe and BEFORE you would Initialize your PS4.

Also, if you plan on reinitializing or initializing your PS4, you might as well not do this, as this is just a shorter, quicker way, that 99.9999% of the time won't mess up any of your data, but could potentially solve any problems that reinitializing would.  (You don't lose any PS4 settings or preferences when Rebuilding the Database, where as when you Initialize the PS4, you definitely have to re-setup some things I believe.)

Rebuilding the Database takes almost no time (I will say 5 minutes MAX just to be safe, but usually about 30 seconds to 1 minute for me.)

Steps:

1. Make sure you have your Dualshock 4 Controller conncted directly to the PS4 via it's USB charger/connector cable. (The PS4 cannot detect the controller wirelessly while in safe mode)

2. Power the PS4 all the way off, wait 20- 30 seconds or so.

3. While the system is completely off, hold the power button until you hear it beep twice.  To Clarify: It will beep once the moment your thumb hits the power button.  Continue to hold your thumb on the power button until you hear it beep again.  (Usually after about 4-5 seconds)

4. If done correctly, your PS4 will put you at a menu screen with several options (7 or so).  One of them is "Rebuild Database"

5. Select "Rebuild Database

Then you are done!

This should only take a minute or so, the PS4 will do it's thing, and this essentially creates a fresh database for all of the PS4's files etc... (from what I understand). You may see your TV flash a few times as the PS4 will restart itself after the process is complete.  

If successful, the ps4 should automatically re-boot itself normally all on it's own, and you should be able to go right back to what you were doing, hopefully with improved performance!

(You can unplug your controller now)  :-)  

I Hope this helps!

if i re-build the database, will i lose everything that i downloaded ?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ty for this set of instructions my problem was ps4 initiated a file update without notification causing me and evreyone else on the ps4 not only to lose connection but everything they worked hard for on last mission.

I believe this topic should have a section elsewhere rather than bugs section.