Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just...just Why?

Oberonight

225px-ShockingTouchModU145.png225px-NorthWindModU145.png225px-MoltenImpactModU145.png225px-FeverStrikeModU145.png

Just....Just why?

Shocking Touch and North Wind gives less damage for the same cost but also has higher conclave?

WHY?

Because DE. There are a lot of these problems in the game. Look at the god awful physical damage mods(not the event ones).

Flame Repellent won't cut it.

Go big or go home, am I right?

9VnWZuj.png

This is magic.

What I was more aiming for was the fact that PVP In Warframe is so awkward and displaced that it was thrown together to appease those who kept complaining.

When it serves no purpose and the game isn't built, nor balanced around it.

This is magic.

What I was more aiming for was the fact that PVP In Warframe is so awkward and displaced that it was thrown together to appease those who kept complaining.

Thank you. Took me forever to figure out how GIMP worked so I could make it, using a mod template provided by another player.

Yeah. PvP is this game is horrendous. I've only played Dark Sector Conflicts maybe 4 times in the 1400-ish  hours I have in the game, and that was only because a friend was asking me to and the battle pay was insane.

Those are new. No old mods that have outlived their purpose get rebalanced.

I think its sad to say this... But i don't think they ever will.

DE will never go back. 

Only forward.

Status mods too weak?

Release dual stat mods from events.

Nekros is broken?

Release despoil and soul survivor.

Ember is broken?

Release fire fright.

Shotgun mods too weak?

Primed ravage, point blank.

This could go on for days, but here is my point

DE will never go back.

Thank you. Took me forever to figure out how GIMP worked so I could make it, using a mod template provided by another player.

Yeah. PvP is this game is horrendous. I've only played Dark Sector Conflicts maybe 4 times in the 1400-ish  hours I have in the game, and that was only because a friend was asking me to and the battle pay was insane.

Key word = Was.

Battlepay and the control of the relays + Taxes is laughable. But that won't derail the thread though, The fact of the matter really is, conclave is pointless outside of a tactical Alert, even then you can just take off your sentinel, and a few weapons and be good to go.

A holdout from damage 1.0 that has not been changed over yet for god knows what reason.

Pretty embarrassing if you think about it. I mean, it would literally take replacing one number in the code.

Things like this, and not adding in stamina mods for Archwing upon removal of Warframe-mod-transference and other such traces serve as proof that the devs barely consider the ramifications of their changes, and continue to pay no attention to them a year later.

Year of quality indeed.

Except that's entirely false, so...

If it's false, then how so? \

Go back to the first couple of livestreams where DE said "hey, this isn't a game built for PVP, But here's conclave so you can get your fix."

This game isn't built and balanced around a PVP environment like a traditional MMO, This is a team based third person shooter.

Don't even know why I'm arguing a point when you give so little to go on. lol

If it's false, then how so? \

Go back to the first couple of livestreams where DE said "hey, this isn't a game built for PVP, But here's conclave so you can get your fix."

This game isn't built and balanced around a PVP environment like a traditional MMO, This is a team based third person shooter.

Don't even know why I'm arguing a point when you give so little to go on. lol

Except they never said anything of the sort, and Steve said they were planning on expanding into PvP like a month after the game released. You can go find the interviews if you'd like, and if you look back through the devstreams you will not see anything like what you mentioned. 

Balancing for PvP is just a matter of changing some values, like the mods in the OP. A game doesn't have to be "built" for PvP from the ground up.

Anyways, I digress. This is not the thread for this discussion.

Pretty embarrassing if you think about it. I mean, it would literally take replacing one number in the code.

Things like this, and not adding in stamina mods for Archwing upon removal of Warframe-mod-transference and other such traces serve as proof that the devs barely consider the ramifications of their changes, and continue to pay no attention to them a year later.

Year of quality indeed.

I sincerely wonder if the guys in charge of balance--if there are any--have ever played the game. If they have, what do they think when they see Sure Shot? "Man, I really need this additional 5% status chance on my build." Or when they use Warm Coat, "Forecasts predict a snowstorm coming down around Mars today. Good thing this 9% (or whatever stupid number it is) resistance I don't know if I'll need will help me."

Nope, pretty sure it's true. The PVP in this game is an abomination that was never meant to be. I tried it all of once and that was all that was needed to know that it was there for people who wouldn't shut up about it.