Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Did Ogris And Penta Get Nerfed To A Point Where They're Outclassed By Angstrum?

Enfo

Aren't mainhand weapons supposed to be what you should be using, MAINLY?

Why did these two bombarding beasts get nerfed so hard, and why is Angstrum so much stronger than both.

These badboys need some love. A weapon that already has the ability to kill yourself and cause explosions, and we all love explosions, should not be one of the least desired in your arsenal.

We need the boom back in Warframe.

you make no sense whatsoever. 

Ogris hits a 6m Area for 500 Damage, with the projectile dealing 650.

Penta hits a 5m Area for 350 Damage, with the projectile dealing 75.

both can use Firestorm, +24% AoE.

getting Headshots with Ogris is fairly easy

getting headshots with Penta is really, really easy.

Angstrum hits a 3m Area for 425 Damage per projectile. firing multiple Projectiles hits a very wide area, i.e. inaccurately.

conclusion - Penta and Ogris are far superior for single target. Angstrum is better at hitting crowds of Trash Units.

so i've got the real facts, is this thread going to provide some real facts to back up this lying, false information clickbait that i've just disproved?

Edit:

ugh, typo on Penta. 350, not 250.

Edited by taiiat

Penta hits a 5m Area for 250 Damage, with the projectile dealing 75.

Angstrum hits a 3m Area for 425 Damage per projectile. firing multiple Projectiles hits a very wide area, i.e. inaccurately.

conclusion - Penta and Ogris are far superior for single target. Angstrum is better at hitting crowds of Trash Units.

so i've got the real facts, is this thread going to provide some real facts to back up this lying, false information clickbait that i've just disproved?

geez, feeling good?

Penta hits a 5m Area for 250 Damage, with the projectile dealing 75.

Unmodded, maybe. Modded, the Angstrum has way higher burst potential and won't run out of ammo due to secondary ammo actually dropping all the time.

Edited by Enfo

As a Ogris user since 2013, I can say it was nerfed by 90%. The radius is 50% smaller, the damage is 40% less. And of course there was the massive ammo nerf. The once great king of ODD (Ogris) was murdered back in mid-2014

R.I.P

Edited by (PS4)dukezap1

> paper Burst DPS

>Pistol Ammo

in a huge area. it's a single burst, that takes a long time to charge. and due to the immense spread will probably kill you if you want to hit close enough to get most of your shots on target.

Angstrum uses Sniper Ammo.

As a Ogris user since 2013, I can say it was nerfed by 90%. The radius is 50% smaller, the damage is 40% less. And of course there was the massive ammo nerf. The once great king of ODD (Ogris) was murdered back in mid-2014

R.I.P

I was actually unaware of this since I never really used launchers outside of ODD.

in a huge area. it's a single burst, that takes a long time to charge. and due to the immense spread will probably kill you if you want to hit close enough to get most of your shots on target.

Angstrum uses Sniper Ammo.

Angstrum still outperforms them if both are fully modded due to the huge burst damage potential, which you generally want on an AoE weapon, and it's not as hard to use as some make it to be. And yes, you are correct on the sniper ammo.

Whole point is that these weapons are just not desirable any more. Was just throwing Angstrum out there as an example. 

Funny thing that I touched neither the Ogris nor Penta pre-nerf, only the Angstrum. And that was mainly just because it had a fun gimmick.

Angstrum still outperforms them if both are fully modded due to the huge burst damage potential, which you generally want on an AoE weapon, and it's not as hard to use as some make it to be. And yes, you are correct on the sniper ammo.

You do know that you lose burst DPS the more you charge it since you are also making the shot more inaccurate right? Well, unless you wanna become a kamikaze bomber.

won't run out of ammo due to secondary ammo actually dropping all the time.

It now uses Sniper ammo. :p

• Has an extremely limited amount of maximum ammo (30) and draws from the sniper ammo pool, which is among the rarest of all ammo drops.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Angstrum

Edited by Yazeth

Angstrum still outperforms them if both are fully modded due to the huge burst damage potential

no it doesn't.

it's extremely inaccurate if you Charge it up for a big shot.

so sure, the extra projectiles went over there and killed a few Trash Units. the thing you aimed at got the trail end of 3 projectiles at best.

3m Explosion Range. center 3 Projectiles fire in a triangle.

if you shoot at the feet of something, chances are two of them lost half their Damage in AoE falloff.

it's almost like you've never used these Weapons before.

Or you could have a sniper Angstrum just by not equipping Barrel Diffusion, and stacking on damage+ and elemental damage+ mods. 

Then again, that is just for a fun to semi-serious build. 

Or you could have a sniper Angstrum just by not equipping Barrel Diffusion, and stacking on damage+ and elemental damage+ mods. 

which is more than acceptable, but by no means could be considered superior to Ogris or Penta in killing potential.

which is more than acceptable, but by no means could be considered superior to Ogris or Penta in killing potential.

Provided that it is a pocket rocket, I did expect that much. 

But it is fun to snipe a Grineer Heavy from across the map with a single pistol rocket shot. 

R.I.P

Yeah, that's probably how percentages work. Good job. I'm convinced. 

Edited by Acos