Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Ordis Be Fixed Or Augmented?

Mickey33

More than anything I want a custom Cephalon for my ship/general person.

Yeah I said it, I don't even wanna keep Ordis. I'm not saying I wanna throw him in a landfill, but I don't reallly want to keep him either.

I do however love having a Cephalon and all.. I just don't want him. He goes between a bit too sweet and a bit too obnoxious.

I'd pay a couple hundred plat to have a Cephalon from a list of like 5+ in the market or something.

It could be a nice source of revenue for DE, honestly, given how a lot of people feel about Ordis, and I doubt there's no one else who'd like a more personalized experience. But yeah, they'd have to do quite a few lines to account for what he already says.. as well as future stuff, so it'd make sense to be a bit spendy, and possibly only 2 or 3 instead of 5+, even that would please me loads and loads though.

I guess fixing Ordis wouldn't hurt either though, at least make him a bit more consistent.

Maybe even being able to customize his personality a bit? Though honestly the biggest thing for me in wanting a custom Cephalon is wanting a completely different voice. (A female Cephalon maybe? Heck, even having one alternative to Ordis for opposite gender wouldn't hurt, and I'd drop plat for it too)

Ordis' voice just kinda grinds on me and would even if he didn't have his mood swings, crazy pitch, and sickeningly sweet tones.

He is damaged and scarred
I also really dont want the thing that keeps me alive

So uh, you don't have any fears of Ordis glitching out and throwing you into space like he would a kubrow? Or just launching your archwing the opposite direction when you jump into space, even.

Edited by NearoC

I like Ordis, but it would be nice to have more variety.

The broken Ordis should be the starter Cephalon, kind of like the Mk-1 Braton. Then, through quests, alerts, an event, mastery rank, or something, we can get a new Cephalon. A fixed Ordis, a Suda clone, Cordylon, SHODAN, all kinds of different choices. A Grineer or Corpus Cephalon would be interesting. Or maybe one partially corrupted by the Mutalist Infestation.

Though I do wish you could turn off just the video window that pops up when they talk to you. I have gotten SO TIRED of Ordis covering up my color pallets just to tell me that all systems are nominal. Hearing him say it is fine, getting in my way is NOT!

+1

I want Suda's personality pack for my liset 

I want Ordis to be able to do basic maintenance in my ship.  Maybe toss my Kubrow a DNA stabilizer once in awhile, if I happen to go on vacation or something, and forget to put my Kubrow in stasis.  If he can jettison the body into space, he could certainly feed him.

I will go straight into my thought on Ordis:

- When he was first introduced with Mirage, I liked him. It was amusing to hear from an AI - a great immersion for a space si-fi game.

- However, I soon find him annoying. He keeps repeating the same verses in the Liset. And the way his voice is distorted (suggesting the fact that he is "mad" or not fixed) makes me feel uncomfortable. Just like a cliche: a sentence or phrase that is repeated too many times so people start to get fed up.

- Therefore, can ordis be fixed into something useful? For example, no more voice distortion. If we can configure his behavior on ship, that would be amazing. Or, augmented him to become combat cephalon (remind you of your shield/hp or one-time map scan) - com cephalon...etc. For now I have to disable his voice, yet I cannot help notice every time he shows up on screen for nothing interesting.

Ordis was basically the answer to the Ghost aka Peter Dinklage Bot.

If we can configure his behavior on ship, that would be amazing. Or, augmented him to become combat cephalon (remind you of your shield/hp or one-time map scan) 

I just wish they would introduce different ship cephalons that could be bought in the market. I would fork out good plat for a different one with a different personality.

Those two combined, please. It would be an awesome addition to Warframe *-*