Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Throwing Melee Weapon Bug In Melee Mode

Icebreccer

This little annoyance has been in the game since the melee 2.0 was introduced. When you have a throwing weapon equipped (Glaive, Kestrel, Halikar etc.) you do this clumsy and awkward "twitching" animation before actually throw the weapon. This hinders the ACTUAL purpose of these weapons as long-ranged melee weapons. Using Life Strike or the Entropy Flight is a serious pain in the butt when the weapon acts like that in full-melee mode. You simply can't equip them because they have a lot worse potential than what they have while you are using them off-hand.

Here is a video of what I mean:

As you can see using the throwing weapons while off-hand is clearly much more comfortable and faster than in melee mode. Not to mention that these weapons are meant to be used as between weapon reloads etc. Going into full melee mode just makes the throwing clumsy and really slow. Channeling and using Entropy Flight is just waste of time with the current bugged throwing.

The last part of the video shows a bug that occurred to me recently. I could throw my Kestrel instantly making it simply awesome to use. THAT'S how it should work when you have it equipped in full-melee mode Hell, it would be darn cool to have a stance mod for glaive weapons that would give you "almost instant" throwing and disable the normal attacks completely. But DE, please just fix the really annoying twitching first~

Here is my other topic about the current situation with Entropy Flight:

And here is a topic about the Whirlind bug:

Not only this, sometimes even when the kestrel has flew back to me, I cannot perform ANY kind of melee move. No throwing, no slashing. not even coptering nor melee airing. But it can been seen holding on the hand. Really annoying.

That is the "Whirlwind" bug I mentioned. Whirlwind and now the Entropy Flight sometimes causes that. It's the worst thing that can happen during a long survival, defense etc. Reason why I don't use those mods on my Kestrel when I'm going to T4 keys...

If this thing is actually a feature then I'm really amazed how they came up with the Entropy Flight mod for Kestrel. In order to gain Entropy you will have to equip the Kestrel. Now what use is there for the mod's flight speed increase if throwing it is clumsy as hek?

Besides I still think melee weapons should gain syndicate meter even if they were used as off-hand weapons.

Edited by Judqment8

• 3 weeks later...

I assume you haven't changed the mod loadout between the recordings? Because to me it looks like equipped charge is slower (although not much) than off-hand charge. And yes, that twitch has annoyed me for quite a while now. I love my Kestrel but even with how fast it has become with Astral Twilight, I mostly use it off-hand to shoot off enemies.

look at the combo list. goes E E(hold).

I've just checked the wiki and haven't seen that anywhere. The stance's combos don't list thrown attacks and for all four weapons it's just "(Hold) E".

I assume you haven't changed the mod loadout between the recordings? Because to me it looks like equipped charge is slower (although not much) than off-hand charge. And yes, that twitch has annoyed me for quite a while now. I love my Kestrel but even with how fast it has become with Astral Twilight, I mostly use it off-hand to shoot off enemies.

I've just checked the wiki and haven't seen that anywhere. The stance's combos don't list thrown attacks and for all four weapons it's just "(Hold) E".

Nope I didn't change the loadout. It's the exact same video which I just split to put the text in middle.

Also this doesn't have anything to do with stance mods as the "twitching" is still there even if you unequip your stance mod. With Astral Twilight the "twitch" is just different because of the different combo.

Edited by Judqment8

i would use the heck out of my kestrel again if i could throw it quickly like that 'glitch' in your video. it makes you feel like a badass to sling a blade at some big bad that flanked you and knock him on his &#!. the kestrel was my favorite melee in the game until i started moving into higher level stuff and needed more utility than the delayed, single target knockdown gave. i hope the devs can look at this and clean it up some and make it more responsive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just started using the Glaive and I am really really happy with its playstyle, except for that weird thing when you equip it as your active weapon and try to throw it.

Also I don't think that Power Throw is meant to activate the detonation. Additionaly, throwing the weapon while charging consumes energy but does not increase the dmg the throw deals.. Would be nice if DE would clarify on that.

As I mentioned I really like the Glaive, but it's sometimes frustrating not to know if those things are intentional and/or will get fixed/changed.

Related to the OP I think, when I use Volt Speed, increasing my melee speed I can't even throw the glaive on the first hit when equipped I have to hit E then E and hold.... When I don't use Volt Speed, I only to hit E once and hold. (Maxed Intensify for Volt Speed with Glaive Prime)

It's a serious inconsistency that should be fixed. I love the glaive and use it everywhere. (Big old fan of Dark Sector here ^^)

Edited by lukaself

• 2 weeks later...

It's surprising this hasn't been fixed yet, despite saying that it's been looked at for months now. By the way, the bug is related to the weapon's attack speed when the throwing weapon is equipped. As Luka said, when using Volt's Speed, which does increase attack speed, it can be almost impossible to throw it if you're wielding it.

Taking attack speed out can help, but one shouldn't have to reduce the weapon's efficiency for a bugged "feature" that DE still hasn't fixed.

Edited by Casardis