The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... 8 Player Missions.

Xamuswing

Its going to be a buff orgy, 10000% dmg by 1st skill syndicate buffs on my excal prime, rhino roar maxed and mirages syndicate buff max, then radial javelin, twin queens down.

Seriously, I think DE said in some very early livestream that the engine was not built for stuff like this. I mean they could just improve the core gameplay. But I still want to see 8 pink rhinos having a sausagefest with a raid boss.

In reality using current tech alone they could feasibly fit 100 Tenno into a mission, look at their 100 tenno instances(relays). I think they will have the instances for these be hosted by DE as to ignore/alleviate strict NAT and forwarding issues just like the relays.

I'm more interested in seeing what DEScott has lined up for better PvP in the Dark Sector Conflicts. That will be the only true END game we actually get considering it will be infinitely variable and at the same time much more interesting than DE's current mode of artificial difficulty(invulnerable periods followed by weak points).

Also to add to that are the raid bosses going to be balanced properly to ensure that there is no type of formula that we players can come up with that completely neuters them?

Probably not, look at their best designed boss to date Lephantis for example.

Currently you can m Prime with a minimal snowglobe on him and he stands still and lets you diddle him.

Edited by geninrising

I'd say they will make these missions in a way that ability spam is not an option. Which means either new enemies/things that stop this, or a rework to the ability system to stop ability spam. As for enemies, I think these would have to be a new faction, most likely the sentients, because 8 players would absolutely slaughter any current faction. So DE really has two viable options here: create new bosses that can handle 8 players, or create a new advanced faction that is smaller in numbers, but with smarter AI, and better technology to make them a challenge for 8 players.

I really want them to put a stealth mechanic in as well as some puzzle games!

How awesome would it be to have part of the team run a stealth op to destabilze the base, providing environmental hazards that can damage the boss for you?  Or, if it's two bosses working together, have some kind of sabotage mission that results in fracturing their alliance and make them turn against each other, doing half the damage for us!

I'd say they will make these missions in a way that ability spam is not an option. Which means either new enemies/things that stop this, or a rework to the ability system to stop ability spam. As for enemies, I think these would have to be a new faction, most likely the sentients, because 8 players would absolutely slaughter any current faction. So DE really has two viable options here: create new bosses that can handle 8 players, or create a new advanced faction that is smaller in numbers, but with smarter AI, and better technology to make them a challenge for 8 players.

If they make them the Sentients, there's gonna be a lot of them. According to the Mirage codex entry, they swarm.

I can't wait for all the forums about how stupidly hard 8 players mode is without a good team. :D 

Edit: Here's something people don't get. DE could make this game hard in a second. They could easily just get rid of a mod like serration and multishot mods and the game becomes hard. They don't do that because they know people rely on those mods and that a easy game gets more money then a stupidly hard game. :D

Also yes they are going to replace Serration with a different mechanic soon i know this. >.> 

Edited by Feallike

In reality using current tech alone they could feasibly fit 100 Tenno into a mission, look at their 100 tenno instances(relays). I think they will have the instances for these be hosted by DE as to ignore/alleviate strict NAT and forwarding issues just like the relays.

I feel compelled to point out that Relay =/= regular mission content.

as long as i can choose between 4 or 8 i dont care

if im forced to run with 8 i delete my account, just saying ... seriously !

(small letters: then the last gaming-company raped out 1000 bucks from my wallet and i really dont care if somebody like this comment or not ...)

Edited by some_tenno

if im forced to run with 8 i delete my account, just saying ... seriously

^ Yaaa then you better just go ahead and delete your account. The majority of this playerbase wants 8 player missions.

(small letters: then the last gaming-company raped out 1000 bucks from my wallet and i really dont care if somebody like this comment or not ...)

Moral of the story kids is don't spend money on a video game that you are not willing to completely and utterly WASTE.

Remember that technically you do not OWN anything in said games so eventually you ALWAYS lose all that investment because every game goes belly up at some point.

The poor shmucks I really feel sorry for are the folks in WOW when it finally tanks.

Then stick to 4 player modes? This game aint designed over YOUR preferences.

What if the 8 characters are separated into 2 groups - different groups working for a goal?

For instance, 1st group needs to hack a console to open a door for the 2nd group, or only 2nd group receives life support and 1st group needs to frequently hack consoles or reach locations in order to open up the life support delivery for second group?

There's no reason why they need to be on the same map, but they could play off of each other.

firstly, we've been able to invite more than four people to the dojo for a while now. so if you wanna test your connection and rig, try hosting dojo parties.

secondly, as mentioned, relays.

thirdly, i dont want a giant boss thats going to have all the melee people gangbanging enemy ankles. there are so many amazing things about this game. the control, the graphics, the characters, how responsive it is and the freedom we have with our characters. the potential for this to truely be amazing and send warframes reputation to new heights is ... mind blowing.  

im seriously hoping the raid fights will be more dynamic than just eight guys shooting at a big bad guy in the middle of the room. people generally seem to have a bad taste in their mouth about the bosses like ruk hek and kril with their seemingly rng based weakpoint exposition.. 

Player triggered weakness is what the game needs. ive said it before. like.. luring them into specific attacks that expose weak points, or using the environs to do dmg or trigger the weakpoints or vulnerable states.

also, if everyone is just on the floor in a big room its gonna be boring really quick. we need to be able to flee from and/or chase the bosses around. we should have to hide at certain points to avoid massive damage. hopefully we will see turrets, traps, and yes puzzles. 

what kind of puzzles would fit, be fun, and also make sense for eight people?

much concepting to be done guys