The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would It Take To Get You (Reward Wise) To Join Perrin Sequence/new Loka/red Veil?

Aktriaz

With the vast majority of players having migrated to Cephalon Suda/Arbiters of Hexis (and sometimes Steel Meridian), and have, by some huge coincidence, received the better half of the syndicate weapons, I've began to feel sorry for the poor sods who joined Red Veil, New Loka or Perrin Sequence. Keep in mind; this is coming from someone who went straight to Steel Meridian, before the syndicate weapons were added.

I actually like to cater to the minorities. That's what Steel Meridian would do.

So now I'll get to my question;

Ideologies aside, what would it take for you to choose the right wing of the Syndicates?

Would it be a buff to their special weapons? New special weapons? Consumables? Cosmetics?

What would be alluring to you, as a player?

Be creative, and constructive.

Use your oh-so-big Sudaboo brains to figure out how to make the other syndicates less garbage.

(Just please; don't say T4 Cap/Ext keys. That won't lead anywhere.)

EDIT:

I said; IDEOLOGIES ASIDE-- If all the Syndicates were blank and had no personality or meaning beyond the loot you get from them.

Edited by Actriaz

Cosmetics. I like the Red Veil edgemaster theme and New Loka's organic/nature vibe. I'd like to see some sharp feather themed or plant vine syandanas and armor. Out of the Hexis/Suda/Meridian trio the only visual theme that appeals to me would be Cephalon Suda's.  

P.S. Perrin sequence can suck my... "Are you betting against us, Tenno? We have decided that you are bad for business."

Edited by Grander.Alderman

I'm already in New Loka and Steel Meridian. 

Red Veil honestly would need to drop the "DEATH DEATH DEATH" vibe I get from them to get me to join them. The only reason I'm not in Perrin Sequence is because I can't mathematically make it work, or I would totally hang with them. 

I joined New Loka because I wanted the sword mod for my Skana Prime. I've wanted that weapon to be end-game viable for awhile now and it finally is. 

If any Syndicate starts offering a Dragon Nikana mod or an improved version of that weapon class I'll likely abandon any previous ideals I might have had to go get it. I consider that fairly unlikely though, considering that the Dragon Nikana is already a fairly powerful weapon. Beyond that, something powerful like the Synoid Gammacor could get me to consider switching sides, but it's more likely I would buy/trade for it as it inevitably floods the trade channel. 

Edited by Acos

Nothing will make me abandon the left side, where I am rank 5 with Hexis and Steel Meridian, and rank 4 with Suda (who I started with, but ironically leveled last). Everything I want from the other Syndicates I can trade for.

Also, I will gladly follow Suda's orders and do whatever crazy-&#! knowledge seeking task she has me do. The Perrin Sequence has capitalism and funny hats, The Red Veil tortures Grineer (partly why I joined Steel Meridian) and is "2edgy4me", and New Loka is just a bunch of space purists/hippies/whatever.

No amount of reward or compensation would make me change loyalty. 

Sorry. Nothing will me make leave Mistress Suda's side. I too joined Suda before the Syndicate weapons where even a thing. Knowledge over everything else ftw.

That's not what I'm asking.

I'm saying, Ideologies aside; what would make you join the other side? If syndicates had no personality to them, just blank "syndicate #1-6". (Like if all syndicates were Suda lol)

I don't need you goddamn Sudaboo preachyness. I see enough of that already. It gets boring.

I say as I'm Genius rank for Suda.

The sad truth is you can't add anything to those factions to make people who already roll deep enough with the other side to switch due to sheer cost of investment. Many, many credits, prime parts and potatoes went into getting myself up to hobnob status with Steel Meridian, and even if New Loka decided to roll out a Sancti Ogris that just fires the Elytron nuke with the old ammo cap and using rifle rounds I couldn't justify tanking my investment to go over to the greener side of life.

Their weapons need work, however, to draw newer players to their fold. I blame the fact that the Castanas, Ballistica and Cestras are inherently not as easy to use effectively as the Marelok and Gammacor and Akbolto. Nevermind what the Syndicates did to their special version. If you offer a fully automatic, perfect-accuracy laser against thrown remote trap things with a set cap active at once... it's not strange why one is more sought after than the other.

From Devstream 40 overview: (https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-40-overview-0)

"For now it appears the divide in Syndicates isn’t as great as one would think; although Arbiters of Hexis do currently have the greatest number of Tenno followers. The lure of unlocking your potential is just too great to pass up! These rankings may change the more players begin move from one Syndicate to another, but for the time being here’s the breakdown from most followers to fewest:"

• Arbiters of Hexis
• Cephalon Suda
• Red Veil
• Steel Meridian
• New Loka
• The Perrin Sequence

This was posted before the syndicate weapons were added, I should note. I can't imagine they changed up the numbers too much.

Edited by Spobbles

The sad truth is you can't add anything to those factions to make people who already roll deep enough with the other side to switch due to sheer cost of investment. Many, many credits, prime parts and potatoes went into getting myself up to hobnob status with Steel Meridian, and even if New Loka decided to roll out a Sancti Ogris that just fires the Elytron nuke with the old ammo cap and using rifle rounds I couldn't justify tanking my investment to go over to the greener side of life.

Their weapons need work, however, to draw newer players to their fold. I blame the fact that the Castanas, Ballistica and Cestras are inherently not as easy to use effectively as the Marelok and Gammacor and Akbolto. Nevermind what the Syndicates did to their special version. If you offer a fully automatic, perfect-accuracy laser against thrown remote trap things with a set cap active at once... it's not strange why one is more sought after than the other.

You're taking the question to a more realistic level then I intended.

What I'm asking is; if you could start all over or even instantly swap ranks between Syndicates (but only once), what would it take to make you leave?

Not sure if I'm explaining as good as I could be.

I'm in Red veil.

Why do the shiny rewards have to be the only reason to do things? I can kill what I need to kill already without getting the fad of the month guns for extra Mastery points. I'll get those when I feel like doing it, one way or another.

You also have no idea what changes will be introduced. Quite possible a new thread in the future will start with "Why oh why did I not join Red Veil instead".

I'm already in all three of those, but for me, it's the long term investment payoffs that matter.   With void keys gone though, there's just nothing there anymore.  Weapons and mods are nice, but you only need 1 and they're tradable.  Something that's valuable in quantity and will retain value - unlike mods, since supply will drive trade prices down.

Let me trade for short term boosters, or credits, or fusion cores or give keys back.  That's what matter from the long term view.

I'm in Red veil.

Why do the shiny rewards have to be the only reason to do things? I can kill what I need to kill already without getting the fad of the month guns for extra Mastery points. I'll get those when I feel like doing it, one way or another.

You also have no idea what changes will be introduced. Quite possible a new thread in the future will start with "Why oh why did I not join Red Veil instead".

I agree. I started playing for Steel Meridian before they had anything noteworthy. No way in hell was I going to do T4 Def, and I used none of the weapons or warframes they had augments for. I had literally no reason to join them.

Other than Grineer Deserters fighting for justice and freedom is the coolest thing to ever make it's way into the game.

The problem with warframe is, the majority of people are greatly motivated by rewards. Look at the Eyes of Blight even; people ran the mission, dealt a million damage, then left and never ran it again. Relays fell, because there was no reason to keep (all but a few of) them intact.

It is widely known that Veil, Loka, and Perrin all have noticeably worse rewards then the other side, and with the addition of trading their weapons, I felt even more that one side is being favored more than the other. I can say from experience, selling Vaykors can make you a good amount of platinum. I'm not sure if Rakta Ballisticas can reel in similar prices.

More Syndicate specters for RV

maybe a damn Tar Moa or the other New Infesteds

and then for perrin, a moa that you can ride as a synd specter

Definitely want to see more types of spectres for all of the syndicates.

As for switching, if the weapon augment mods actually did anything useful for any weapon that was actually decent. That would potentially draw me to the dark side.

You're taking the question to a more realistic level then I intended.

What I'm asking is; if you could start all over or even instantly swap ranks between Syndicates (but only once), what would it take to make you leave?

Not sure if I'm explaining as good as I could be.

Personally, I wouldn't drop Meridian even if given a clean chance and a refund on investment. Meridian offered me an upgraded Marelok, which is my favorite sidearm. Ignoring ideologies as you indicated, this was enough to sway my decision. The only way the right side could sway me is to offer a unique mod for the Boar (provided it works with Boar Prime as well, not sure how Burston handles that actually), as that would give me pause. Then it would be a matter of better version of my favorite sidearm -> powerful syndicate effect to go on top of my favorite primary (what the mod's written effect does would largely be irrelevant, as I would use it purely for the syndicate effect)