The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That People Actually Use Gear; Could We Not Have A Well Thought-Out Gear System?

Innocent_Flower

So before the easily accessible large restore packs and spectres; Most players didn't use gear. I Mean I still haven't even ran out of the items I was given at the start of the game. But gear still has several shortcomings. I think it'd be nice to both add more gear, and make it easier to replenish lost gear. 

Gear to be added/changed: 

Shield Restore- Change this to an item that also gives a bonus to shields (like a shield osprey)

More accessible restores for lower ranked players. 

-Mines. Tenno mines. Maybe some grineer ones too. (again, you're not going to have the versatility/power of a dedicated vauban) Ninjas were into traps, right?

-A Deployable nullifier shield. Have you ever tried to solo a defence in a non-defensive frame? It can be insanely difficult depending on a few factors. Having a nullifier shield could help. It'd protect you from eximus, but it'd get smaller on damage. Unlike the frost snowglobe; There is no slow, there are caps to how much you can bring and caps to how many you can have deployed. 

Super-special gamemode specific items. Be it equipment to assist in capture or defences in defence. (both example gamemodes would need to develop somewhat; but as this is supposed to be a year of quality it might not be unrealistic to see such things before two years) 

Alternatives to the sentinel

Sentinels are awesome and there's few reasons not to have one. (the first being that sentinels take away some needed challenge sometimes, the second being that they cost a lot for new players, the third reason being that the player doesn't mind maintenance enough to enjoy kubrows) Anyhow; I think it could be cool if, rather than a small assistant, the player equiped some extra heavy gear that gives them cool bonuses. Items like

a Helion jetpack/ Tenno equivalent that activates on double jump (allowing for both high jumps, evades and horizontal long jumps; All hail super-mobility).

A modifying tenno backpack that, when turned on through the use of the gear menu, changes some abilities towards a frame's eximus counterpart; Frost can slow all enemies and his snowglobe (though weaker) follows him. Ember gets access to a charged up Arson explosion. (i hold the opinion that eximus units largely suck and need changing. regardless; toggle  alternate abilities through the use of warframe addons might be something to look into. )

Deployable robotic companions. A customized roller or osprey to wreck the enemy. Not a simple specter: something you can customise.

Convenience 

Now gear got a lot better with being able to buy from the market in bulk. But it could still get better. 

- New players having access to mk-1 restore blueprints. 

- restores are bought in bundles only. No single use blueprints. 

- a fast option to replenish all gear used in a mission. 

- being able to buy in bulk from the inventory, not just the market, would be nice. Alternatively having more items (such as scanners) being 'buy once, have forever' would be an improvement.  

Now, Most of this isn't 'well thought out'. I just though I could throw some bones down and watch the community (and hopefully DE) add the flesh. Gear could be a great tool in expanding the skill involved in warframe. 

And small vacuums ... you drop it on the ground and it attracts all the nearby loot to it for a minute or so. I'd make them cheap.

And sensors. If an enemy goes near it you get a red dot on your map.

Edited by The_Doc

I'd also make ciphers into instant unlock devices. And add ranged ciphers that you need to aim at the console.

You need to be careful not to tread on frame-power territory when making gear :P

Awesome Idea, might add that

But, Y;know spectres are just shadows of the dead with differences. I don't think getting 'near' is quite such a bad thing, so long as we don't get 'the same' or 'better'.