Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.10.0

DE_Adam

What you've voted for: 2 random keys + 1 guaranteed T3/T4

What you get: 2 random T1/T2 keys + 1 T3/T4

That's actually kind of funny. It was obvious that the poll was a hoax and a waste of everybody's time, but how do you screw up with delivering the supposed "winning" choice?

I hope those key packs are just placeholders.

Well Overshields served two purposes: Make it easy to keep track of the boost from Shield Transference, and make Shield Restores somewhat useful.

With regards to the latter, you can see why it is necessary to have a cap on Overshields. Otherwise, you'd just plant 50 of them at the start of a mission and the whole team would be god mode.

Since Mag's bonus was translated as "overshields" it got lumped in with this cap. I don't think it was intended as a nerf to her.

Yet again making this a  perfect example of DE not thinking before doing.

That said I'm not thinking of this really as a nerf to Mag - 1200 is enough to absorb any hit and you just hit SP again to refresh it. Frankly, the augment needed the limit to the shielding, infinite ehp was a problem.

The change to an overshield should fix the pathing issues with the bubble (by getting rid of the bubble) and now nothings gonna randomly ignore it to kill you. Also makes it useful against AoE.

The key thing has pissed me off from the start, utterly an overreaction. Keys needed an increase in cost, but not an increase in price of 5000%. And no, I didn't add an extra zero. The poll offered us an option between being sodomized by a knife or a broomstick, so we went with the latter, only to find out 'oh btw we taped a knife to the end of the stick kthxbye'.

DE needs to take a second to stop and think before making balance changes. Not only 'will this accomplish the goal' but the constantly overlooked 'how will this change other things?'. For an example, already people farm Syndicate XP outside of Void. Why? T4 Def/Surv/Interception can provide similar xp numbers with a similarly organized setup and also provide primed loot rewards. So why don't we farm in Void? Because we have to PAY TO PLAY. Which is against the whole tenet of a free to play shooter. FFS.

/minirantover

Seriously this thing needs hikou and a MITER??? to build....

yeap, get it in 7 runs, but half the people dont know how to kill krill and the other half want you to move out of the way when you are baiting the skill to freeze himself.. I even found 2 insulting me for speaking spanish with my friend when we were in the 5th run, but that is another matter, point in case, I almost spend 225 plat, almost, and if this keeps going this way I may just farm seer, who knows, maybe next week we'll need 1 seer, 1 detron and/or 1 brakk or perhaps a dual bolto with a seer oh wait i have it, a dual bolto + dragon nikada, would be awesome (sarcasm, just saying in case no one notices it)

I was ok with using 1 weapon to craft another, even when sometimes take 4 to craft 1, because I was ranking at the moment, now I'm mr 18 I just wanna but the bp, craft it and start ranking it, dont wanna keep wasting time waiting 12 hours, farming something else, enough farming and grinding I have with the void, why put us trough this? I think is time to gather friends and clan, do vault run until my eyes bleed, take a shower go to sleep, and sell every mod mid to cheap and gatter enough plat to exchange it for items in another game just like with path of exile, but first I must check rules and guidelines.

EDIT start farming seer, get a couple of boltos ready, even a normal nikana, S#&$ is about to hit the fan really hard

Edited by Funphyro

13z4bk0.jpg

Ummm what? Rhino was not even mentioned anywhere in this whole thread. And if you're talking about mag, it got "reduced" by a looooot more than 20%.

Well Overshields served two purposes: Make it easy to keep track of the boost from Shield Transference, and make Shield Restores somewhat useful.

With regards to the latter, you can see why it is necessary to have a cap on Overshields. Otherwise, you'd just plant 50 of them at the start of a mission and the whole team would be god mode.

Since Mag's bonus was translated as "overshields" it got lumped in with this cap. I don't think it was intended as a nerf to her.

But it is a nerf to it, and a huge one. I hope it gets reverted soon in a hotfix.

That said I'm not thinking of this really as a nerf to Mag - 1200 is enough to absorb any hit and you just hit SP again to refresh it. Frankly, the augment needed the limit to the shielding, infinite ehp was a problem.

Yes it infinite stacking was a problem, but it was a nerf to the augment atleast as it isn't increased by power strength, doesn't stop procs so slash procs/toxin will still pretty much one shot her, and it being nothing more than overshield now is frankly a waste of a slot when u could bring the shield restores and just use those to get some overshield. What they need to do is make it how it used to be, but cap it at say 2-2.5k, or make it how it used to be, cap it at 1200, but let it the cap be increased by power strength. It needs to go back to being something that absorbed procs and such instead of being just an overshield, cause again it's just a waste of a slot then.

If u fix color - fix pls all guns and prime versions of 2 last.

1200 shields? Need to rework for high lvl missions.

Do something with prime syandana pyra. This isnt free content. Do u think so?

50\50  15.1 update :[

Ummm what? Rhino was not even mentioned anywhere in this whole thread. And if you're talking about mag, it got "reduced" by a looooot more than 20%.

But it is a nerf to it, and a huge one. I hope it gets reverted soon in a hotfix.

The joke is that everybody keeps mentioning him.

Over. And Over. And over.

But since you want relevancy.

x5-super-cheap.jpg

Edited by littlewomba

Yet again making this a  perfect example of DE not thinking before doing.

The change to an overshield should fix the pathing issues with the bubble (by getting rid of the bubble) and now nothings gonna randomly ignore it to kill you. Also makes it useful against AoE.

The key thing has &!$$ed me off from the start, utterly an overreaction. Keys needed an increase in cost, but not an increase in price of 5000%. And no, I didn't add an extra zero. The poll offered us an option between being sodomized by a knife or a broomstick, so we went with the latter, only to find out 'oh btw we taped a knife to the end of the stick kthxbye'.

DE needs to take a second to stop and think before making balance changes. Not only 'will this accomplish the goal' but the constantly overlooked 'how will this change other things?'. For an example, already people farm Syndicate XP outside of Void. Why? T4 Def/Surv/Interception can provide similar xp numbers with a similarly organized setup and also provide primed loot rewards. So why don't we farm in Void? Because we have to PAY TO PLAY. Which is against the whole tenet of a free to play shooter. FFS.

/minirantover

Having a bubble with 1200 HP is better than having +1200 shields. +1200 shields doesn't prevent status procs, 1200HP bubble would.

Adding a cap to the bubble wouldn't be a bad thing, but getting rid of it is a nerf (the bubble is but a visual effect now, it actually does nothing).

All that overshields do is add shields for indirect AoE, direct hits that translate into AoE will still do the same thing, if not more direct damage.

Well, overshield will help against melee, but Mag should only get melee'd if attacked by surprise, but by the time the enemy can melt her shield and HP with 1 hit through the bubble, it's about time that any enemy that hits you with a ranged weapon will melt your overshield and shield in just a few hits, and you will be hit by bullets coming from many enemies, from any direction more often than you will be hit by melee from behind.

Well I can see how they avoided more hate the poll said...

3 x Random Void Keys, 1 x guaranteed T3 or T4 for 25K Standing. Sabotage Keys will included in the Random option.

but we get...

Void Key packs are now available as Tier 2 Syndicate Offerings!  These packs contain 3 random Void Keys for 25,000 Standing.  Two keys in each pack will be random T1 or T2 mission keys, and every pack is also guaranteed to have a random T3 or T4 Void Key.

If I would have known that i would have voted for the 1 T4 key for 15k. Why spend 10k more rep for 2 trash keys?

I came here to mention this as well. This is clearly a bait and switch from a horrible vote of 2 bad options to WORSE than either option that was given. I am ashamed that DE would pull a stunt like this on what was already a heated topic. I could have lived with ignoring the high priced worthless keys but this is like kicking a dog when it's already down.

This needs a public and honest apology from whoever decided to put this in place.

I came here to mention this as well. This is clearly a bait and switch from a horrible vote of 2 bad options to WORSE than either option that was given. I am ashamed that DE would pull a stunt like this on what was already a heated topic. I could have lived with ignoring the high priced worthless keys but this is like kicking a dog when it's already down.

This needs a public and honest apology from whoever decided to put this in place.

Brutal, but worded quite well.

Gee, it sure is nice having my post removed because I made valid complaints that someone didn't like.

You could at least give me an explanation instead of just removing it and acting like it never happened.

I feel you

Edited by Funphyro

I'm surprised you guys didnt take any suggestions from the comments on the key poll. almost everyone said both options were terrible, please look at what was said and reconsider. keys were too cheap but do you really think a 25x increase in price for a CHANCE at a key you want is warrented? if you do i think you're out of touch with your player base.

Was I the only one who thought 3xRandom Void Keys, 1xRandom T3/4 key meant that we'd be receiving 4 void keys per purchase, with one being guaranteed t4? Because 25k seemed reasonable for the (admittedly slim) chance of getting 4 T4 keys, but not 1 t3/4 and 2 t1/2. This...this upsets me a little. All that aside, however, I quite like everything else with this update.