Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"secretly" Buffed Augments

Nesit1

At first, you can notice abating link buffed from 30% to 45.
223% power strength (rank 8 blind rage + rank 8 transient fortitude) is enough to completely negate enemy armor. (Like Ash's second augment with 145% power strength).

At second. Ironclad charge. 50% armor buff for EACH enemy hit for 10 seconds. Like time-limited no-Hysteria Valkyr. Or maybe even more tanky. I would like to see, if some1 tests it.
1).Does it scale with power strength.

2).Does it scale with base armor or "current" armor = base armor * (steel_fiber_amplifier +1).

Maybe testing it at conclave with 40% strength build (only overextended) and any positive power strength build.

At second. Ironclad charge. 50% armor buff for EACH enemy hit for 10 seconds. Like time-limited no-Hysteria Valkyr. Or maybe even more tanky. I would like to see, if some1 tests it.

2).Does it scale with base armor or "current" armor = base armor * (steel_fiber_amplifier +1).

Maybe testing it at conclave with 40% strength build (only overextended) and any positive power strength build.

So far I feel it scales based on current armor but I don't know about power strength.

Taking a look at that for comparison-

Rhino's armor rating with a fully ranked steel fiber mod is 399.

Valkyr's armor rating with a fully ranked steel fiber is over 1200. (not even counting how high it gets when she uses warcry)

So Rhino would have to hit 4 enemies with one charge to match it.

Which would be feasible if not for how wonky charge's collision detection is. 

Often you'll look like you plowed through 5 or 6 enemies but it only registers 2. Quite frustrating.

Best I have done so far was hit a large group of infested and get the armor rating at 450 percent.

Theoretically the armor could get astronomical....theoretically.

It does last longer based on duration mods though. For what it is worth.

Just be careful that it will base the armor bonus on the last charge you did.

So if you get a good charge that hits a lot of enemies make sure you wait until it wears off before charging into a smaller group.

EDIT:

Confirmed-It scales with power strength.

Edited by Ronyn

So far I feel it scales based on current armor but I don't know about power strength.

Taking a look at that for comparison-

Rhino's armor rating with a fully ranked steel fiber mod is 399.

Valkyr's armor rating with a fully ranked steel fiber is over 1200. (not even counting how high it gets when she uses warcry)

So Rhino would have to hit 4 enemies with one charge to match it.

Which would be feasible if not for how wonky charge's collision detection is. 

Often you'll look like you plowed through 5 or 6 enemies but it only registers 2. Quite frustrating.

Best I have done so far was hit a large group of infested and get the armor rating at 450 percent.

Theoretically the armor could get astronomical....theoretically.

It does last longer based on duration mods though. For what it is worth.

Just be careful that it will base the armor bonus on the last charge you did.

So if you get a good charge that hits a lot of enemies make sure you wait until it wears off before charging into a smaller group.

Sounds interesting. I like no-hysteria Valkyr and tanky Oberon. This one will be fun.

But I have never built Rhino for 1.5 years of playing, damn.

I'm not sure if range and duration mods affect ironclad charge like they affect slash dash but if they did it could make Rhino fairly useful for infested missions (since the infested will just zerg rush in nice large clusters).

Wonder how well it would scale against those obnoxious nukes the tar moas send your way.

I can confirm it scales with power strength. I get 65% armor buff per hit with maxed Intensify(+30%).

However I'm not sure whether it scales with base armor or total armor. But even if it scales with base armor. You get 390% buff with 5 hit. That's 190 base + 741 extra = 931 armor!

Edited by yles9056

At first, you can notice abating link buffed from 30% to 45.

223% power strength (rank 8 blind rage + rank 8 transient fortitude) is enough to completely negate enemy armor. (Like Ash's second augment with 145% power strength).

Did some testing...

Abating Link + Max Blind Rage + Intensify

45% + 0.99 * 45% + 0.3 * 45% = 103.05% theoretical armor reduction (capped at 100%?)

Actual armor reduction: 93.54% approximate

Abating Link + Max Blind Rage + Max Transient Fortitude

45% + 0.99 * 45% + 0.55 * 45% = 114.3% theoretical armor reduction

Actual armor reduction: 93.94% approximate

Note: Corrosive Projection applies 30% reduction before abating link is applied to enemy armor.

What this means: 

Level 31 bombard, 1299.51 alloy armor.

Corrosive Projection reduces armor to 909.657.

Abating Link + Max Blind Rage + Intensify further reduces armor to 58.76

Where as without Corrosive Projection, armor would be reduced to: 83.91

-_-

Ironclad charge duration scales with power duration after the latest hotfix.

I thought it would be a good endgame build posibility but it isnt:

Rhino charge radius is EXTREMELY small and if you get narrow minded its pretty much non existent (i charge right thru the enemies and theyre not affected). This radius should be set to 4m and be static.

Rhino charge is affected by power duration. Thats actually a problem since every time you cast it you end up either falling out of the map, which resets your buff or charging away from enemies. Rhino charge should be calculated with distance rather than duration or the power should be reworked because right now: power range doesnt benefit it, power duration makes it worse, its impossible to actually hit enemies with it.

Eh, it doesn't matter for most people. Since players these days do nothing but slap Fleeting Expertise and Transient Fortitude on everything anyway, duration abilities and augments are largely ignored. You gotta make duration based stuff powerful just so people even acknowledge they exist.

Eh, it doesn't matter for most people. Since players these days do nothing but slap Fleeting Expertise and Transient Fortitude on everything anyway, duration abilities and augments are largely ignored. You gotta make duration based stuff powerful just so people even acknowledge they exist.

Link is pretty powerful already with being Duration-based. 

And Blessing. And Vortex. And a few other skills (although Fleeting Expertise is mostly for getting more Power Efficiency). 

Link is pretty powerful already with being Duration-based. 

And Blessing. And Vortex. And a few other skills (although Fleeting Expertise is mostly for getting more Power Efficiency). 

Well, yes. Except the above warframes you mentioned do not have a radial damage nuke in their kit. Which is probably the source of said mod meta I mentioned.

Well, yes. Except the above warframes you mentioned do not have a radial damage nuke in their kit. Which is probably the source of said mod meta I mentioned.

Mesa would not really benefit with slapping on Transient Fortitude, for one (since Shatter Shield would be at maximum rank with just a Rank 3 Intensify, and one would most likely want more duration on Shatter Shield to be virtually invincible against enemies with guns). She also has a semi-radial damage nuke in her kit (semi as in: Not targeting everything within an area, but switches targets to shoot at quite quickly). 

Mesa would not really benefit with slapping on Transient Fortitude, for one (since Shatter Shield would be at maximum rank with just a Rank 3 Intensify, and one would most likely want more duration on Shatter Shield to be virtually invincible against enemies with guns). She also has a semi-radial damage nuke in her kit (semi as in: Not targeting everything within an area, but switches targets to shoot at quite quickly). 

Good points. I guess it's more noticeable to see the bad players who mod Mesa and Mirage for pure strength and efficiency, and even Oberon and Saryn to become nothing but nukes. I guess the situation varies on a per-player basis.