Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"secretly" Buffed Augments

Nesit1

0RVmGPO.jpg

Mmyess.

Disclaimer: This is really annoying to pull off, but my stuff isn't maxed either. Usually, I'm looking at around 4-5 enemies hit for around 440 to 560%.

Edit: It also needs a few 'fixes' (I.e. if you use it a second time and don't hit as many things, the rating will drop, and I'd prefer if it only went up, but if it didn't beat the previous set, it just refreshed it), and I'd love to see base 15s or 20s duration. 

But if augment slots come, this'll definitely be a surefire equip for duration builds, unless roar augment is even better.

Edited by Tostov

Yeah, I'll stop.  I know better than to respond to trolls(sidetracked, yes, but not lost, don't be stupid) and yet got sucked in anyway.  My apologies.

ON TOPIC:  Great screenshot.  With a base armor of 190, if I calculated correctly, a 738% buff equals 1402.2.  560% would equal 1064 armor.  Extremely strong even if not stacking with Steel Fiber.  That's enough mitigation to make it a go to for quite a few situations, and as I'd mentioned earlier, gives it a strong synergy with the Shrapnel augment as well, since you can easily plow into a group, discharge it, and not get yourself killed for doing so.

Yeah, I'll stop.  I know better than to respond to trolls(sidetracked, yes, but not lost, don't be stupid) and yet got sucked in anyway.  

Wow passive aggressive and insulting 2 for 2. I'm truly sorry for having to correct your mistake with incontrovertible proof as to the energy loophole issue.

As for the Ironclad charge, that is a major buff if you hit enough targets. 

edit:bad math fails me again :( Why can't they just make math easier on players.

Edited by geninrising

Wow passive aggressive and insulting 2 for 2. I'm truly sorry for having to correct your mistake with incontrovertible proof as to the energy loophole issue.

As for the Ironclad charge, that is a major buff if you hit enough targets. It is completely unexpected and would have thought they would place a limit on the amount you can get but thus far I am unsure. Additionally if that is total armor receiving that percentage buff then it has the potential to be seriously broken. I mean if you have a Base armor Rhino at 190 armor and hit the minimum % quoted that's still 83,600 armor. if it works on modified armor and you have say 250 and hit minimum % that's 110,000 Armor. It must have a cap or a nerf is inbound for sure.

Ahh, yeah, you're doing the math a little wrong there.

It's 190 + (190 * (Percentage effect / 100) ), for base level rhino , not sure how you got your numbers.

So there, I'm looking at 190 + ( 190 * (738 / 100) ) = 190 + ( 190 * 7.38 ) = 1592

Which is big, yes, but not in the hundreds of thousands. Armor scaling approaches reduction to 10% incoming damage as it tends towards 3000 anyway.

Edited by Tostov

It's 190 + (190 * (Percentage effect / 100) ), for base level rhino , not sure how you got your numbers.

So there, I'm looking at 190 + ( 190 * (738 / 100) ) = 190 + ( 190 * 7.38 ) = 1592

Which is big, yes, but not in the hundreds of thousands. Armor scaling approaches reduction to 10% incoming damage as it tends towards 3000 anyway.

HMM horrible math bites me on the arse again.

Edited by geninrising

There is obviously going to be some margin for error, but when you're seeing less than ten percent "admitting to it"(like it's a crime or something, I mean honestly, it's an anonymous poll taken for the betterment of their gaming experience, not much motivation to lie), it's a pretty fair indicator that no, in fact, it's not a majority thing.  Any reasonable margin of dishonesty would still squarely state that this isn't the case.

In fact, the very statements trying to prove this true disprove it.  "There's always one" in a mission with four people in it.....congratulations, the anecdotal evidence says 25%.  I'm not saying that this isn't enough to become problematic, what I'm saying is the obvious---that's not a majority of the player base.

And yet, the longer quote above explains the situation precisely.  We grind low level garbage all the time.  We grind it for resources, new drops.....pretty much a multitude of reasons that aren't "this is what we'd do to progress if we where given better choices".  When that happens, just annihilating a room and moving on seems like a pretty reasonable option---why would I want to prolong a level 15-20 syndicate execute mission by pretending headshots are crucial?

And I'm not even a "press 4 to win" kind of guy.  My most played frame is frost.....I'm a "press 3 to win" kind of guy, and frankly, it's not my fault.  Need cover?  Press 3.  Need a snare?  Press 3.  Need an objective/teammate/shield recharge period of protection?  Press 3.  To press 4 or 2 I'd have to waddle my slow ! all the way into enemy gunfire, then lumber back out of it again as opposed to pressing 3, being invulnerable, and disposing of the problem with impunity.  Or I could CC it, with all the precision and efficiency of a single Supra bolt with my 1 ability.

Which brings this right back to the subject at hand.  The augments make some of the more chronically underutilized abilities much more desirable.  Buffs to them are a good thing, because if the actual target is raising the usage of these abilities, they pretty much need to continue buffing them until that happens.

In the case of Frost, his Ice Wave augment pretty much turns it into a hard CC.  It's still short range and crappy damage, but it becomes something of real value with this augment, provided you're ever in a situation in which enemies are getting that close(it's hellish versus infested).  His augments also highlight one of his very real problems---his freeze with travel time is poorly implemented and his speed does not have synergy with his Ice Wave.  They're a good litmus for further balancing in this regard.

Rhinos armor augment adds a ton of viability to his shrapnel augment.  Charging in and discharging iron skin onto your enemies becomes something that not only fits the flavor of the frame, but also becomes quite effective.  Further, his augments DO have synergy with his skillset, and they become highlighted by this.  He has the speed to get in, he has the CC to get out alive, and the pair actually help each other out because he doesn't lose his survivability by using his shrapnel augment.  They've successfully created a good reason to utilize these abilities creatively because the rest of the frame mechanically supports them well.

I hope they continue to add in augments that add in a variety to our kits.

BEFORE they do that though, I'd hoped that they would continue to flesh out the powers of each frame, give them all some scale ability and synergy to help each kit along. The Ice Wave augment...ugh, I hate how it necessitates the scale ability of Ice Wave through its hard CC. The skill needed an actual tune up, rather than an augment to patch it. Not to mention Freeze, that damn thing has slow travel time and the HP on the Freeze target is low enough where a stray shot or two breaks the target free.

I hope they continue to add in augments that add in a variety to our kits.

BEFORE they do that though, I'd hoped that they would continue to flesh out the powers of each frame, give them all some scale ability and synergy to help each kit along. The Ice Wave augment...ugh, I hate how it necessitates the scale ability of Ice Wave through its hard CC. The skill needed an actual tune up, rather than an augment to patch it. Not to mention Freeze, that damn thing has slow travel time and the HP on the Freeze target is low enough where a stray shot or two breaks the target free.

Yeah bandaids definitely are not needed so much as full reconstructive surgery on quite a few.

Secret stealth buffs and nerfs. I wonder what else they touched without letting us know.

Since GU15 on PS4, body-part multiplier (headshot) no longer applies to Rhino Stomp or Paralysis: effectively a damage nerf. (Are you PC players receiving body-part damage multipliers and able to score headshots for the headshot challenge with abilities?

0RVmGPO.jpg

Mmyess.

Disclaimer: This is really annoying to pull off, but my stuff isn't maxed either. Usually, I'm looking at around 4-5 enemies hit for around 440 to 560%.

Edit: It also needs a few 'fixes' (I.e. if you use it a second time and don't hit as many things, the rating will drop, and I'd prefer if it only went up, but if it didn't beat the previous set, it just refreshed it), and I'd love to see base 15s or 20s duration. 

But if augment slots come, this'll definitely be a surefire equip for duration builds, unless roar augment is even better.

Well, now I can actually justify figuring out my Bruiser themed Rhino build. Numbers are mightily appreciated.

Ironclad charge actually gives me a lot of ways to figure out how I can make him far more fun than "Apply Iron skin, sleep whilst holding LT".

Although admittedly my main MO with the Augments for Rhino is a hypothetical Iron skin -> Charge through to mob centre -> Iron Shrapnel -> Melee frenzy funsies.

Efficient? Hell no. Fun? Quite possibly.

Honestly, I've liked a lot of the Augments so far. Hallowed Eruption just murders stuff, especially with Primed Continuity in the loadout...Regenerative Molt is...very nice. My Saryn can nearly always stay using the Vectis rather than more common Life Strike melee sprees. But then, Saryn is my sniping/blitz frame. Prolonged Paralysis just makes it really easy to disembowel things...We all know Shield Transference is great...after that, Jetstream makes Attica a beaut on my Zephyr. Also good for gap closing if you feel like Melee.

Course, I'm guessing after this is up, I'm betting I'm going to get educated on how my fondness for the above augments is 'naive', damages the team etc etc, it's stupid I've only used Forma once on a frame to make it work as I want...But hey. I'm enjoying things so far.

Which reminds me: Primed Continuity on Mesa is obscene. Shooting Gallery makes a great negation of the infested. Arguably too good...

Either way, I look forward to experimenting and fooling around with the mods to come.

Still, nice to see some interface so we know what we've got and how good.

Edited by Blakrana