Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pickup 2.0 : A Pickup System Feedback And Suggestion By Einde

LascarCapable

- Introduction of a warframe mod that increase the amount of energy gained from a single orb. It would be nice as a 10 rank mod IMO. This with flow would just make a good enough alternative to efficiency builds in my opinion, that currently dominates a bit everywhere. If you feel like the two first suggestions are bad, you can also make that mod extending the amount of heatlh and ammo gained from health and ammo pickup.

o.o I dont think this one is a good idea, we are already clustered with max hp/shield mods along with 4+ mods to increase warframes skills potential. And with augment mods that makes it even harder. IMO they really should just trash vitality/redirection/possibly flow and most base stat increasing mods and add them per lvl up. (though I know the whole base of getting those mods up to rank 10 is a must and a lot of people have them, I just feel that regular base stat increasing mods really shouldn't be in there because they are essential for everything and end up taking away from customization) Really though I never really had a prob with energy I always carry at least 100 large energy restores at all times. (only really use them when im in a bind and out of energy) And most of the time I just raid containers for a quick 50 energy/25 energy on lower lvls.

I totally agree with you.

I'll add more. Setting the Energy Orb to restore a percentage of your own energy, would also improve the utility of Flow and high Power Warframes... But this also touch the ratio between Warframe power, skills cost and spammability. Can't say if from it can come out something abusable.

(PS: If this would become real, there should also be a buff to Flow Mod to make it also reduce the amount of energy drained by enemies).

Also the Ammo matter is a mess... I'd like they would actually let enemies drop less ammo packs, but with a more relevant number of ammos. Or maybe stop dropping em around so frequently and making them come out every X enemies or waves. Or from specific units (similar to the excavation Energy carriers). So people would stop spamming and start making economy.

This would force the player on using the brain more.

PS: Why not... Ammos only from Lockers and Chests.

Of course if those changes were made it would be the time to tweak how oftenly ammo is dropped. Tweaking the pickup drop system could also be a nice thing.

Ammo dropping only from lockers in every missions would be a bad thing IMO, due to how endless missions work. You pretty much spawn with a limited amount of lockers that will gives you a limited amount of supplies. Results : you're forced to get out because you're totally out of ammo... Of course it would be a good thing to make Scavenger Auras and Ammo Restores much more valuable, but I sincerly doubt that a lot of players will like it.

Making energy orbs giving naturally energy from a percentage is IMO unneeded due to how power are working (25/50/75/100 are the base power cost for a lot of warframes), and may also make the game easier "without a cost". I already suggested a mod improving how much energy you grab from health orbs, best paired with Flow, and I think it should be like it (Fleeting Expertise + Streamline costs two mod slots, Flow and that new mod would also cost two mod slots). Though after a bit of reflexion, since Streamline and Fleeting Expertise are both 5 level mods, the new mod should be a 5 levels mod too in order to "keep the balance" (so one solution won't be better than another) instead of a 10 level mod.

I very much like the energy suggestion. Now you esentially have 2 ways to mantain a stable pool of energy, depending heavily on the number of energy orbs you can encounter. This is great - it gives you a different alternative for each situation. For example: a defense mission gives plenty of orbs so you are going for a max flow and energy per orb increase build. On the other hand in a capture mission you wont see as many; thus you go for the fleeting expertise build to take the most out of each orb.

Great suggestion. +1

I like the ideas, they're great, some concerns I have would be for some weapons. DE might have to manually set up the ammo recovery rates for every weapon since even though some weapons have the same carrying capacities, their ammo consumption rate is entirely different ( Opticor vs karak) or (Twin viper vs secondary shotguns), and that sheer amount of work just might be a huge turn off for them.

o.o I dont think this one is a good idea, we are already clustered with max hp/shield mods along with 4+ mods to increase warframes skills potential. And with augment mods that makes it even harder. IMO they really should just trash vitality/redirection/possibly flow and most base stat increasing mods and add them per lvl up. (though I know the whole base of getting those mods up to rank 10 is a must and a lot of people have them, I just feel that regular base stat increasing mods really shouldn't be in there because they are essential for everything and end up taking away from customization) Really though I never really had a prob with energy I always carry at least 100 large energy restores at all times. (only really use them when im in a bind and out of energy) And most of the time I just raid containers for a quick 50 energy/25 energy on lower lvls.

Some warframes can actually afford some "bonus slots" for their builds. I mainly think about Volt, since I only need four mods slots in order to make him work well. Furthermore, the duo Flow + New mod is more or less made to give an alternative to Fleeting Expertise and Streamline. So if you don't equip those two, you would actually equip the two other instead (or not equip any of those two combos at all, if you wish).

So what are the restore kits for? Arent they enough? Regarding the Khom's ammo efficiency it is just an unusual downside people have to deal with.

I dont see what's the point in all this.

Yet this is not an excuse to see such a flaw in the pickup system remaining untouched. We can still think about some tweaks in order to be sure all kind of restore kits will still be useful, there's always room to improvement.

Some warframes can actually afford some "bonus slots" for their builds. I mainly think about Volt, since I only need four mods slots in order to make him work well. Furthermore, the duo Flow + New mod is more or less made to give an alternative to Fleeting Expertise and Streamline. So if you don't equip those two, you would actually equip the two other instead (or not equip any of those two combos at all, if you wish).

With most warframes I usually see at least 2 slots used for the basics Hp/shield. Beyond that it really varies depending on the skills. Usually your using at least 2-3 additional mods to max out 1-2 skills and 1-2 to balance out the negative effects of the corrupted mods. After that its usually flow (because honestly 125--175 energy base max is small in the grand scheme of things when you go on longer running missions) Paired with some energy reducing mod/augment/steel fiber(on defense frames) With that typical layout you hardly have room for anything. But id think it would bad to make something that only some warframes can benefit from. With something like that it needs to be able to effect all and have some meaning in the layout. In the end you will just be switching 1 mod for another. That doesn't exactly improve it, it only makes it slightly different.

With skills as they are most of the time only really 1-3 are used (1 being that ulti and 3 when the frame is more of a support frame) Usually 1-2 are effected positively while others suffer. This is mainly due to the corrupted mods negative impact on skills. Which IMO those mods while being more helpful pretty much still make us pick and choose which skills we use while crippling others which leads to why people never use a warframes full range of abilities. And is usually the cause of the clutter of mod slots since 1-2 (sometimes 3) slots are used just to counteract negative effects.

Edited by dragonkingdx

can you change these visually? i mean red, white, and, blue hologram orbs? why not orbs made out of glowing colored swirling mist, it would fit the whole mystic space ninjas absorbing life force, knowledge, and energy from their environment and enemies.

• 2 weeks later...