The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously, Stop Making Weapons With No Ads (Aim Down Sight)

Telogor

Consoles kill all shooters...just sayin' :p

i'm gonna have to agree here. 

as much as i appreciate seeing warframe on multiple platforms.

if it's used as a crutch/excuse to keep from advancing the state-of-the-game on PC, then tough. throw 'em under the bus.

With Quanta, I always got the impression it was intentional. The weapon is so amazing in many respects, that the lack of zoom was an intended handicap.

I've not used Buzlok or Panthera though.

^ thats a good way to look at it

buzlok has its target repeat option....no aim down sight/iron sight seems like a reasonable handicap

as for panthera....i would think it would be really weird to have an aim down sight/iron sight function to it since it spits out beyblades and has 100% accuracy...im sure they want you to try to aim it on your own because of the fact that its 100% accuracy + flight speed....

but anyway....all the weapons that have dual functions usually dont have the zoom function....from what i noticed...and which are all the weapons you named

as stated above it is probably keybinding issues

Edited by sekushiiandee

Editing title for clarity on what ADS actually means, and I agree with all except for maybe the Buzlok, since you can ADS with it for the first shot :-)  

I definitely would love the option to Aim down the sights with the other weapons like this though, I also rarely ever use them (aside from the Buzlok) because of this.

and I agree with all except for maybe the Buzlok, since you can ADS with it for the first shot :-)  

Imagine though, what if you had the ability to aim down with Buzlok without shooting the tracer first :o and even better, more freedom with the tracer shot where you could bind the key to your mouse's sidebu... oh wait, you're on PS4 :x

i use the crap out of the buzlok. 5-forma... 

and while i'd love to see it have an Aim Down Sight + alt fire tracer. (so you can still use it like a sniper rifle without using the tracer)

i understand if that's intended as a balancing tactic.

however... given the weapons lackluster damage overall and projectile travel time... i don't think it would be too overpowered at all.

the buzlok already has some pretty obvious drawbacks.

For the Panthera, the issue could have easily been avoided by tying the secondary feature of it to holding down the primary fire key. It's a semi auto anyway and that would have kept secondary open for ADS.

That actually sounds pretty awesome, and would make it stand out even more. +1

Panthera is fine the way it is without ADS, it's meant to be a close range weapon so there's no real reason to use sights.

Same with many of the other weapons, their alt-fires forces you to be closer than normal weapons to use them effectively

It makes every one of them completely unusable for many people. Trying to use the Quanta while training it was one of the worst experiences I have ever had in WF. I used it to rank 3, then it went on my back until it was 30.

These aren't godly weapons that need balancing factors, and having a balancing factor that makes the weapon never be used by a large portion of the player base is ridiculous anyway.

It makes every one of them completely unusable for many people. Trying to use the Quanta while training it was one of the worst experiences I have ever had in WF. I used it to rank 3, then it went on my back until it was 30.

These aren't godly weapons that need balancing factors, and having a balancing factor that makes the weapon never be used by a large portion of the player base is ridiculous anyway.

This.

Please DE, let me aim.

Edited by Spobbles

i use the crap out of the buzlok. 5-forma... 

and while i'd love to see it have an Aim Down Sight + alt fire tracer. (so you can still use it like a sniper rifle without using the tracer)

i understand if that's intended as a balancing tactic.

however... given the weapons lackluster damage overall and projectile travel time... i don't think it would be too overpowered at all.

the buzlok already has some pretty obvious drawbacks.

I seriously doubt the lack of ADS is intended for balancing as it doesn't REALLY stop you from doing anything, it just makes life worse for those of us who'd appreciate the extra zoom.

I seriously doubt the lack of ADS is intended for balancing as it doesn't REALLY stop you from doing anything, it just makes life worse for those of us who'd appreciate the extra zoom.

i agree, just playing devil's advocate in that i can understand how the case could be made.

CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS FOR SHOOTER BEGINNERS

These 3 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive fundamental tutorials will help with finding the sensitivity that is correct for you, how to position your crosshair always at headshot level, and taking advantage of the camera and perspectives. They unfortunately only apply to PC with gamepads having an inherent precision disadvantage even with auto aim. I use both with 11% headshots (150475/1362972) tracked having never used aim down sights. Referencing Counter-Strike because the same basics apply to all shooters, 99% of the genre is casual in comparison, and Quake is dead.

Before you insist engagements in Warframe take place in longer distances, the vast majority are within 50 metres with Pluto maps being the only medium sized tiles. It's very possible to 1bang 70+ metres with a full Heavy Calibre on accurate weapons like the Soma. Warframe also appears to have minimal to no recoil control necessary and the only spread seemingly affected by RNG accuracy and mods. Acrid and Synoid Gammacor are examples of 100% accuracy weapons while Vectis being a designated marksman rifle does not even when scoped (WHY).

MODERATED REALISTIC INTERNET RESPONSE

This has to be why people are dying, when Call of Duty popularised aiming down sights the skill ceiling of shooting games took an immediate nosedive. Aiming down sights not only limits your movement, allowing you to become a stationary target for AI and good players, but also your field of view and situational awareness. The following are things you cannot do with the modern slower method of playing shooting games.

TL;DR: Aiming down sights makes you worse at all shooting games and everyone should stop using it.

Edited by VETTEL

TL;DR: Aiming down sights makes you worse at all shooting games and everyone should stop using it.

I use it simply to reduce mouse sensitivity. I use absurdly high sensitivity in order to have extremely responsive camera control, but that makes aiming far more difficult.

Standard use case for me: Aim near the enemy -> Zoom for a moment to line up -> Fire away.

The actual time zoomed is very short, but it is integral to accuracy for me.

While I agree that we should have a seperate alt fire button...

Did you just call the quanta unusable?

You know it's one of the top dpsing weapons in the game AND THE ONLY EXPLOSIVE WEAPON THAT DOESNT HURT YOU, right?

The Quanta is entirely unusable for me, and one of the most painful weapons I have ever used in WF. Stats do not make a difference.

Edited by egregiousRac

-snip-

it's not a matter of requiring people to use aiming. i like the immersion it offers.

having played doom and quake when they were brand spanking new... and never having played a counter strike past the original mod for halflife or any of the new call of duty style games... do i need aiming? absolutely not. do i like it? yes!

and since it does exist within this game, i'd like for it to exist on all the weapons. 

while i understand your point, i'm not here to "be the best" i'm here for immersion and fun.

the simple solution is to use the freaking 'Alt-Fire' Keybind that we have had in the game for months.

but also stop stealing FineAim from Weapons with Multiple Functions.

if you think i'm going to use a Weapon that has some cool functions and choose those over the usability from FineAim, think again.

a Gun could replicate Platinum and spray it everywhere and i wouldn't use it if i couldn't use FineAim.

CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS FOR SHOOTER BEGINNERS

These 3 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive fundamental tutorials will help with finding the sensitivity that is correct for you, how to position your crosshair always at headshot level, and taking advantage of the camera and perspectives. They unfortunately only apply to PC with gamepads having an inherent precision disadvantage even with auto aim. I use both with 11% headshots (150475/1362972) tracked having never used aim down sights. Referencing Counter-Strike because the same basics apply to all shooters, 99% of the genre is casual in comparison, and Quake is dead.

Before you insist engagements in Warframe take place in longer distances, the vast majority are within 50 metres with Pluto maps being the only medium sized tiles. It's very possible to 1bang 70+ metres with a full Heavy Calibre on accurate weapons like the Soma. Warframe also appears to have minimal to no recoil control necessary and the only spread seemingly affected by RNG accuracy and mods. Acrid and Synoid Gammacor are examples of 100% accuracy weapons while Vectis being a designated marksman rifle does not even when scoped (WHY).

MODERATED REALISTIC INTERNET RESPONSE

This has to be why people are dying, when Call of Duty popularised aiming down sights the skill ceiling of shooting games took an immediate nosedive. Aiming down sights not only limits your movement, allowing you to become a stationary target for AI and good players, but also your field of view and situational awareness. The following are things you cannot do with the modern slower method of playing shooting games.

Consoles especially need ADS and this isn't a PvP game, so it doesn't hurt to have a little helping hand with ADS when you're not being competitive to begin with.  This is coming from someone who used to be a frequent Quake player.

Also, for some weapons, it's only fair that steadying your aim gives you tighter spread at longer ranges.  Presentation-wise, it would be silly to have an automatic rifle in Warframe shoot like a laser, or have an arbitrary recoil-control difficulty curve in a PvE shooter.  You're not trying to take out individual targets like in Quake or CS:GO. You're trying to mow down hordes of enemies fast and efficiently.

Edited by Sonitorum