Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New: Codex Art Contest 2.0

[DE]Megan

iC75M6M.jpg

The journey ahead may be past in our memories but the companions we make will be present forever.

These sculptures of Saryn and Excalibur was made with just paper, wire, ribbon, and hot-glue. The fingers are actually pose-able but the pictures don't really show that off. It's supposed to symbolize how teamwork and cooperation are sometimes the most rewarding parts of the game.

Here are some more pics of my paper Saryn and Escalibros:

PXQaLVl.jpg

PUPqDg0.jpg

jtyfvAn.jpg

4Z50U8o.jpg

5hRuTV4.jpg

*I would like to thank my good friend Annmarie for the resource images Saryn and Excalibur. If you want more pictures of the sculptures just let me know!

** GOooOOOooOD LAWWWD I'm sorry about the graininess i only had a phone camera and they looked much better on my phone :((

Edited by BreadCutter

This is my sumbission:

nhcNcMp.png

I had several inspirations for this digital artwork.  The theme "new horizon" made me think of the rumored Tyl Regor rework and the underwater tileset.  So, I created what I imagined it to be: a lagoon with grineer rubble sticking out of it.  The theme also reminded me of new year's resolutions and new projects.  Last Christmas I was given a ukulele, and have been learning it since.  I thought it'd be neat to depict a frame chilling back in the new area, passing the time with a ukulele.  So overall, this artwork comes from both game topics and some of my real life experiences.

If lore-wise this bothers you, just imagine the ukulele blueprint was discovered in a deep ruinous cave back on Earth ;).

Edit: IGN is CalebTheNomad      

Also, the theme was "journey ahead"... same difference :).

Edited by CalebTheNomad

warframe_journey_contest%20ENTRY_Bridget

Found the contest a little late, so didn't get to quite do what I had in mind, was going to do a scene type thing. However this was still fun to do and that's that point. :)
Frames chosen are the favorites of my signifigant other and I. <3

I'm not sure if I did all the writing correctly with the language, and I'm not much of a poet. lmao
But reading from top to bottom, left to right, it's supposed to say:

Two souls alone in the void.
Lost.
Two souls found, threads of fate entwined.
Saved.
There is no fear of the future.
You are my strength.
My bravery.
My heart.

(Tools: Photoshop, Paintool SAI, Wacom Intous)

Edited by MaloKing

My submission for the contest!!

"The Journey Ahead Needs an Emperor...".

Art by Mitchell Blumenshine

NinjapendnceDAY on Xbox One.

Done 100% in color pencil and graphite pencil on paper.

The Journey Ahead began when my friend showed me Warframe on Playstation. I own a Xbox One.

Thus alone I journeyed into the stars, conquering and becoming an Emperor..

Enjoy!!

sAoAqsg.jpg

Edited by (XB1)NinjapendnceDAY

QoWzqDG.jpg

Hello this is my first post,I'm happy to be apart of this Codex Art Contest 2.0! Just wanted to say I had many ideas on what to draw and scrapped a couple listened to alot of Tibetan / Mongolian music but this one is what caught my eye the most so I kept on working with it! 

To me, I perceived the theme of  " journey ahead " as a way of remembering one's past for without one's past how can one survive in the future. So its a bit philosophical in a couple ways, but the main key is "remembrance" for the pursuit of the journey ahead. In my image, I wanted reveal the honor amongst Tenno by having Oberon as a passive for those who would pay tribute amongst nature and within the tenno tradition. The symbologies of the Dragon nikana with the tied lotus scarf was to show tribute,with also the scenery of mountains,bamboo,and the Liset Ships to show life's present,  as with Oberon channeling lotus petals in the wind to present one's journey is ever-flowing into the future.

As for art style influences, I looked up a lot of japanese folk art of mountains,used a couple ink techniques, stared at my oberon for quite a while in my dojo, while listening to this jive jam other than that just had fun drawing it  ^_^ : 

Just wanted to say best of luck to everyone else, and I think I'll start submitting more to the Fan Arts section. Prime Time  & the Dev. Streams are really cool, and its Awesome to see this level of engagement in the community! :D

-Andy

Xbox One: Aerostrike 04

Man, "last minute," but (sparse background aside) here we go...

PGoSfwR.jpg

And a little rhyme...

"The road ahead will likely be hard to find,
but do your best to avoid being left behind"

Amazing entries, folks. ^.^ Genuinely beautiful pieces in here. And I'm tempted to bug some of you for painting advice.