Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Rifle?

Eyup_AMS

Question

10 answers to this question

The best rifle is Yes.

Because they're all so different and suit different playing styles that trying to identify a 'best' is a matter of preferance.

Personally? I love the Latron. Get an attack speed mod on it and you can lay down some heavy suppression, but I know a lot of people that think it's total garbage.

The Mk-1 is great for starting out though, falsl off a little, but when you get some mods at 30 it's great for mid range warfare.

Personally I'd advise grabbing a regular Braton as soon as you make your first 7.5k credits and selling the MK-1 Braton immediately, it's a much better weapon if you pulse fire it at range and it's just flat out better in close quarters. I'd recommend Boltor if you can live with the projectile speed, it's good for all round play against any faction but it really shines vs. Grineer. Gorgon is also good but it won't get good until you've levelled it up and modded it quite a bit, it's the premiere weapon vs bosses in my opinion. I have both and I use them very regularly.

I want to choose out a rifle and I dont know wich one is best for playing? Can somone give me some suggestions, Thanks

Greetings and welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your first post.

There is no single weapon that is best for playing as each weapon has its own advantages and disadvantages that pander to a certain game-play or preference which are individual and different from user to user.

Latron is a semi-auto sniper-rifle that allows for good precision and has a small, 15-rounds, magazine which allows for repeated shots. It is in particular favorite for sharpshooters scoring headshots for quick kills.

Grakata is a short-range machine gun which showers bullets in a narrow frontal cone. It yields low damage and is inclined towards critical hits.

Burston is a medium-range semi-auto assault rifle that operates much like its real life counter part whereas each squeeze of the trigger will render a burst of 3 rounds being released. It is cumbersome to use for some due to its burst's producing a recoil 'kick' that hinders the accuracy of the second and third rounds. Although professional soldiers should find it quite amicable.

Braton (or Braton mk1) is an all around average full-auto assault rifle. It excels at nothing and fails at nothing.

Snipetron is a long-range sniper rifle. Highly accurate, very deadly. Tiny magazine and long reload time.

Gorgon is a medium-range gatling-gun designed to act as a "bullet hose" and sprays a wide area with suppressive cover fire. It is good for engaging shielded opponents, tearing their protection down quickly or for dealing with a weak mob. It requires a short time until its barrels reach their max revolution velocity.

Boltor is a short-range full-auto carbine that shoots bolts which ignore armour, thus delivering the full payload of their damage capability. It can operate at medium ranges but becomes a little inaccurate. The bolts often require lead-on in order to hit their target due to their, comparatively, lower muzzle velocity.

Hek, Boar, Strun are varying flavours of shotguns. Your mileage may vary.

Paris is the only silent weapon in the game, thus geared towards stealth. Shoots bolt-styled arrows which ignore armour. Functions as one would expect of a bow. Has no magazines, uses an arrow-esque quiver. Requires lead-on to land a hit. Stringing the bow to its maximum doubles the damage and velocity of bolt.

Edited by OriKlein

all in all that I've seen so far, the boltor has the most damage out of all the rifles. This is not at first though because the fire rate seems pretty bad and the bolt speed is nothing to smile at. Adding a fire rate mod will fix the fire rate problem easy, add some extra damage to the gun for added face value damage, then, and i know it sounds stupid, add armor piercing to the gun. This is because the armor piercing takes the percentage of the gun damage and adds that right on top of the damage dealt with the gun. When shooting it will look like you hit the target twice with one bullet but that's just the added armor piercing. by the time you add this forth mod, multi-shot, you'll have already realized the perfection that is the bultor. Also even though the gun says it has a certain amount of accuracy don't take that as face value, if my suspicions are correct, that is just accounting for the time delay from barrel to target and how it is possible to miss the shot due to time delay, other than that the gun has almost perfect accuracy hip firing and scoped in. Right now, and this is not fully to its best quality that it can get, I do around 120 damage per shot on greneer and even more so to the infested and corpus. I hope this helped out in any way.

P.S. If you want to add an elemental attribute, i recommend ice. This is because of its freezing and slowing ability. It becomes essential in infested rounds where you have an ancient after you and you only need to spray around 1-2 bullets to get its movement from a sprint to a limp.

Edited by DragonSage